Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788

Hi midnightrose,
    Kandy is right. I have to make time to get everything done. I went to bed last night at 1 a.m. and got up at 4.30 a.m. It was light enough for me to do odd jobs around the garden and water the greenhouse, pot plants and the plant sale plants.

There's no time to sleep when you're retired :D :D :D

3. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Jeee Shiney, what kind of fuel do you burn? If I don´t sleep my 8-9 hours I am a dead woman. ANd don´t tell me about age and retirement, my mom is like me, and my grandpa, too.

You must have some different, superhuman genes in your dna.

4. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

Surely there ain't no such time as 04.30 am (unless I'm busting for a leak or going fishing)

:rolleyes:

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,788
    Not really. I just don't sleep much!! :thumb: :D :D :D

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi everyone,hope you are all ready for another day:)

Had a good day yesterday and got lots done though I feel all stiff and creaky this morning and struggled to get my socks on and my hands have stiffened up.One of the joys of getting old I expect.:rolleyes:

Watched Andrew Murry just as I got back in from watering the lottie and it was a very good game.Not sure how far he will go though,as ours all seem to get so far and then out they go:eek:

Hope you all have a very good day in everything you do plus some decent weather:thumb:

7. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702

Thanks Tweaky, now my monitor and keyboard are much the same colour...coffee coloured !!...Thankfully, I didnt quite fall off the chair but the laughter has given me a stitch.

Steve...:D

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all,
    Going to try & have a day at home today, as I was out for most of yesterday.. Now they are saying we may get showers, so have lined up jobs indoors & out, so should be busy..!!!:D
    :thumb: Hope your stiffness is wearing off a bit now Kandy. I always find once I have been up & about for a while it all tends to ease a bit..!:)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing.!

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,788
    Good morning everyone,

It is very overcast but the sun is struggling to come out. I think it is going to win soon :)

Another busy day today and it is coming up towards hedge cutting time :eek:. I'll give it another couple of weeks to allow the nesting birds to have done their job :thumb:

Mrs shiney is off to Bressingham today so, with a bit of luck, she will come back with some nice pics to put on here.

Have a great day :D

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Tweaky I must have done something right with my boys or at least one of them regarding driving as when the younger one had his first pro lesson the instructor said best driver he has had since he started and told our lad to book his test asap and he would work around him. In fact on his 17 birthday I was so confident with his driving ability that he took me to Meadowhall and boy was there some traffic jams there but Harry was as cool as a cucumber and was chatting away as if it was no effort at all, now if that had been the other lad I would have needed an adult nappy for both of us!:eek:

Kandy oddly enough since we have taken up the allotment if I miss a day doing some real digging I seem to stiffen up quite badly the next day and spend the day walking around like a Weeble!

Shiney I'm sure your beloved will enjoy her day out at Bressingham we went years ago when Adrian Bloom had a slot on Gardener's World and we had a really smashing day looking around the gardens I can tell you although the boys seemed to be more happy with the steam trains next door!

Hoping to go down the allotment later on, yesterday the lovely Ray (next plot holder) came over to help hack down the foliage to try and slow me down a bit, he cheekly told Bob 'we guys can't have the ladies being too far ahead of us' and left with a chuckle bless him he is such a sweetie now all I have to do is play catch up!:rolleyes:Hel.xxx.

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I must be cracking up because I just tried typing my village name in the log in bit instead of my user name:eek: I think I need a holiday,must have heatstroke:rolleyes:

They are giving it out on our local radio that Northamptonshire has got contaminated water from the Cryptosporidium bug? so our main Hospital has turned all it's water supply off,schools are closing and a lot of villages are being told to boil their water before drinking.Even water being put down for pets should be boiled as well:(

My village isn't affected but we are all being told to boil our water or buy bottled water.So much for trying to keep our fuel bills down.Anglian water says it could go on for days or weeks,but it is either that or have sickness and the squits:eek:

It must be serious because the local phone in from 1pm is going to be talking about it and I expect it will be on the news and in the papers.:rolleyes:

Marley and Helen,yes the stiffness does go off as the day goes on and I am already feeling less stiff,Thankyou.:) Helen goes easy with the lottie clearing leave some for tomorrow says she that tends to over do things herself..whistle

Steve,hope you have managed to clean the keyboard of allt hat sticky coffee,and I hope the photo meet up went ok.Sorry can't think what day it was that you was going.

Shiney,Bressingham is lovely,been there with Mr Kandy and they have a small train that goes round the grounds and there used to be a couple of steam engines that we have got some photos of somewhere....

12. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    'morning all. I don't mind if it rains a bit, I'll just watch a bit of Windlebum. My little patch is looking dry and requires the rain to bring it to life. I've still got loads to plant out so I hope I'm not leaving it too late. Very quiet at work at the moment so I'm getting lots of spare 'catch up in the garden' time.

Helofadigger, was that you I saw joining the 'other gardening site' the other day? There's a good few GC's are members of that site so you should feel at home. You'll find lots of help for your new lottie.
    Cheers all, enjoy your day.

13. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Morning was sunny and hot (like the last two days) so I spent some hours watering everything in the garden and vegetable patch. Obviously it's raining like there's no tomorrow now *rolls eyes*. Ya well, so much better for my new lawn seeds.

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Well you've all been chatty this morning..sorry about your keyboard Steve:D Love the trying to sign in with your village name, heh,heh. You need to take less boiled water with it Kandy!!

I have been at the doctor's with Pat and the Von...just a follow up from last week when they were being treated for a nasty virus...I escaped it thankfully.

Posted on the pet section yesterday about Mrs Tweaky getting a rabbit. Its a Lionhead rabbit...lovely little thing. Now she wants a guinea pig to keep it company...oh eck.

What next..a giraffe, lama, hippo, will it never end I ask myself.

Anyway, this double hutch we got off freecycle isn't really big enough for two sharing, but I did ask the local joiner a few weeks back, to knock me one up. He said, give me the design and I'll do it for you. (he can get the wood a lot cheaper than I can) So it arrived about half an hour ago. Now all I have to do is make a base for it, so Mrs Tweaky can access it in her lecky wheelybin (wheelchair for future reference).

She's called it Pumpkin and she's going to call the guinea pig..Pye, heh,heh. It's going to be a DIY weekend I fear.:eek: I'll do the outside tap then Mum, if that's ok with you.:D

Right, gonna see what else has been happening on the site. Catch ya later fellow Muppets.:thumb:

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Tweaky,thanks for that,though from the talking being done on the radio our village touch wood isn't affected,or should that be infected:D.People are panic buying up all the bottled water so now the supermarkets have run out until they get more supplies in.Probably the same idiots that panic bought all the petrol the other week:rolleyes::p

I would advice against having a Guneia pig and Rabbit sharing.From what I have been hearing they are best kept with their own species {Rabbit&Rabbit Guneia Pig &Guneia Pig} Perhaps if you PM Cookie Monster she is a trained Vet so might be able to offer advice but don't let on it was me who told you:thumb:

Sorry about the virus in the family Tweaky,not very nice things at the best of times.Hope your family feel better soon.:) So sorry didn't realise Mrs Tweaky was in a wheelchair:o

Love the names Pumpkin and Pye:thumb:

Well I better not add too many more smilies as I don't want to lose this post,and good luck with that outside tap...