Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Just a message about the tennis.

GUEST BLOG: ANDY MURRAY, ESPECIALLY FOR GARDENERS MUPPET SECTION.

MY preparation for Wimbledon hasnâ??t been ideal. I was forced to pull out of the Sandwich Spread Classic in Margate due to sore eyelids and then, to make matters worse, I bruised my knuckles punching a wall after my brother Jamie beat me at Swingball.

This year Iâ??ve come to Wimbledon to win, not to go out in the second round at the hands of Ecuadorâ??s 53rd seed. That was two years ago, and that, my friends, will never happen to Andy Murray again.

Everything has to be right when you go on court. The smallest distraction could totally send my game into free-fall. Like the time at the Unigate Milk Masters in Prestatyn, when I noticed the ball boy standing at the other end was wearing white shorts with a red stripe. I complained bitterly to the umpire until he forced him do the rest of the match in his underpants.

Iâ??ve been spending a lot of time with my hero Tim Henman lately. Heâ??s been giving me some brilliant advice about how to nearly win Wimbledon. He told me that to overcome your opponent, you have to be in 'the zone'. We sat around chatting about 'the zone' for a while, until he suddenly threw away his Cornetto and stormed off.

All I'd done was ask him what happened to the 'the zone' when he lost those four semi-finals. Still, what a hero.

Everyone always asks me the same question: does it bother me that Jamie has won a Grand Slam event and I haven't, to which I reply, 'of course not, he's my brother'.

Nevertheless, it is worth pointing out that he did win the mixed doubles, which strictly speaking, isn't proper tennis because there are two girls on the court so all you have to do is hit the ball at them really, really hard and they run out of the way.

Not that I'm knocking it. Of course not. If I was like Jamie, and had one fifth of my talent, I'd probably play mixed doubles as well. Only I'd win it every year, not just the once like he has.

LOVE ANDY XXX [​IMG]

With special thanks to Tweaky for the Avatar.:mad:

2. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey nothing to apologize for lass. I use one half the time as well. But we are the kind of crips that get on with life. Every one is disabled in one way or another. Life is for living and paying bills:rolleyes:

I'm as daft as the rest of you lot.:thumb:

Just for all my mates on here...we don't have any hangup's about being disabled. So if anyone posts crip jokes etc there won't be any complaints from this end. OK.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Love the Andy Murry post very good,you also type every fast:D:thumb:

I hope your wheelchairs are electric,I can just imagine you and Mrs Tweaky chasing each other round the garden in them:cool:

Now I must go as I have an allotment to water sees ya later:thumb:

4. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Not from me either...........I am a four legged person. Lol...........left one in my shopping trolley at tesco's yesterday and had to go back for it........no problem they recognized it was mine straight away ...... it's a lot shorter than most!!:D:thumb:

5. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    So you left your crutch in a shopping basket...the mind boggles.;)

6. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Yes, Lol, behave, I was trying not to say that! I put one in the boot of the car, why I left one in the trolley only the good Lord knows, one of my senile moments, methinks!:confused::D

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Moyra,how come you are a four legged person? I myself only have two of them.Is there something you are not telling us?:rolleyes::D

Tweaky have you fixed that tap yet?:thumb:

8. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    No Morya, its a senior moment...get it right lass, heh,heh.

Kandy...I told you...this weekend, gawd you women...your all slave drivers.!!!!

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    So you did Tweaky sorry about that but I was all flustered from slaving away over a hot iron,well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:rolleyes::D

10. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Tweaky bursts into song.

Dashing away with a smoothing iron....ok, get my coat shall I.;)

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry Tweaky as a member of the younger generation,I don't know which song you are reffering to.Perhaps Shiney might know as he knows everything;):D

12. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,hope you all slept well:)

Lots of talk on the radio about this bug in the water and the village whereI used to live and where my allotment plots are has now been added to the list which is getting longer.:rolleyes: Hopefuly we are going to be ok as a dodgy stomache is something I don't need.I remember the last one of those I had last August:eek:

Hope you all have a good day in all that you do:thumb:

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Who are you kidding Kandy I bet you know every word of it when you used to iron using those old flat irons you heated on the stove.:D
    Don't forget to boil your water;)

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Good morning everyone

It is another lovely day. :thumb:

It took me ages to catch up and read all the interesting postings since yesterday :D

We have had virtually no wet stuff from above for so long that I am having to spend a lot of time sprinkling on the garden :)

Kandy, there was something I didn't know, once :p. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your waterworks :D :D