Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all, another busy day here today & then this evening I am taking my two youngest for their swimming lessons as the oldest one finishes his induction to his new senior school today.. Parent, kids & teachers meeting tonight.!:thumb: My how quickly they grow up.! Was only yesterday they were all babes..!!

:) Sorry all you peeps are having water troubles, hope it doesn't last too long.!:eek:

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!:thumb:

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Lol Terrier yep that's me! I'ave gotta to get as much brain picking in as I can because boy do I need plenty of lottie advice and as Kandy has told me it doesn't look like we are going to get an allotment section on here which is a shame but there you go. The other site is bound to help me no end as silly me I always dive in first and ask questions later!:D

Have to agree with you Kandy regarding guinea pigs and rabbits we have kept both guinea pigs and rabbits in the past and have always kept them apart because rabbits can get a bit mean and those feet on them can give a nasty thump!

I do so miss having guinea pigs it's amazing how they can 'talk' to you when they hear you approaching their huts not forgetting when they are born that they are just very cute miniature versions of their parents and can run around like crazy!

Tweaky I will now have to remove my crown of being the essay write on this thread and pass it on to you, you're far better than me and I am just a lowly servant now!:D
    Have a nice day guys and girls.Hel.xxx.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Just been handed this red card by the postman so it looks like we are going to have to boil all our water for the next X number of weeks.Oh poo,as if we havn't got enough to do without having to remember not to drink the water when cleaning our teeth,though I can't think any of this is going to make any difference because we were drinking the water yesterday before all this came to light.:rolleyes:

Hope they hurry and get it sorted soon.At least I am going away soon so will miss some of it,though it will be like going on holiday abroad where the water is often dodgy anyway.:D

[​IMG]
    Worse than being given the red card at a football match:eek:

4. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817

Morning All,

Now that sounds familiar, but then I do have a collection of them (5) propping my internal doors open. I have one fancy cast iron stand too. I am old enough to remember them heating up on the old cast iron range that I used to black lead for my mother.........hmm wonder if that is why I am mentally retarded. Lol.:D:D

5. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Afternoon all.

Me too Moyra, only it was my Mum that did the blacking for her parents. In those day's until my Mum and Dad got a brand new council house, we all used to live in the same house in Eccles.

Mum Dad and I lived in the parlor!! and the first floor front bedroom. Nanna and Grandad lived in the middle room, but we all shared that and the scullery with the boiler and mangle in it as well as the stove. then there was my older Uncle and Auntie (more like elder brother and sister) they also had their own bedrooms.

It was one of those big old houses...Three floors plus celler and attic. The coal man used to drop the coal down the old coal hole at the front of the steps...that mum used to stone everyday. Stones got from the rag and bone man (steptoe and son sort of) balloons and goldfish for the kids etc.

Enough, enough, this is becoming like all our yesterdays, heh,heh. The youngsters of today don't know they are born do they.:D

Right. Gardening today..Nil. Highlight of the day, posting on here and the footie tonight. My money is on Russia beating Spain...

Got to go soon cause Stargate SG1 is on shortly. Have a good day everyone. Catch ya later.:thumb:

6. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Kandy, I pay rates to Anglian Water and Essex & Suffolk but I not sure for which service.....I am wondering if we should be boiling our water too. We do filter all our water before drinking but from what I gather with this germ in the water it needs to be boiled. Wonder if we are affected by it?

7. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Tweaky, we lived in a little two bedroomed farm bungalow.....all eight of us. M and F and 6 kids. I can remember us kids all sleeping in the one big bed top and toe! No electricity until I was 8 in 1953 and no running water until I was 10... 2 miles from the local village and school and nearest bus stop to anywhere civilized. Lol.

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning all sincerely hope that you are all well and rested,Bit of a restless night but must take poor gypsy out bless her she hasn't had her early morning walk for a while,anyway everyone have a good day and stay safe.:)

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Woo and all, good to see you back Woo take it easy until you get back into the swing of things,thanks for the update on tiny's pups how does gypsy react to them?it's going to be fun when they are fully mobile,take care all.

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Walnut and everyone.Nice to see you up and about Woo and it is a lovely day for a nice walk:thumb:

Well we got a green card and a letter last night from Anglian Water to say that our water is ok to drink which is good.Now all we have to do is drink up all the water that is in the kettle,fridge and saucepans that we boiled last night:rolleyes::D

Moyra,I don't know how you all managed to live in a two bedroom bungalow with that amount of people,mind you in my mum and dads Five bedroomed terraced house there were 10 kids mum and dad plus the children they fostered,though I think that at any one time there was only one or two kids staying with us.I can remember though my parents had one of those settees that opened up two make a double bed so they slept downstairs for years until my two older brothers got married and a room became spare,and yes I can remember us being head to toe in bed,oh and also the pillow fights I had with my brothers and sisters...happy days:thumb::)

Had our National Trust stuff come the other day so we are all set for our holidays,no more having to pay to visit stately homes or their car parks plus we get three months for free and a pair of binoculars when they get some more in..

Have a good day everyone.

11. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    MORNING ALL, GLAD YOU GOT YOUR WATER SORTED KANDY.. JUST FINISHED NIGHTS..SO ITS NIGHT NIGHT FROM ME:thumb:
    [​IMG]

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all & good to see you back Woo, hope you & Gypsy enjoyed your walk..:thumb:

:thumb: Had a great time doing the swimming lessons last night & am helping with the cycling proficiency test today at their school...!:D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing..!

13. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Good Morning everyone.:thumb:

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

It's so very nice to have you back where you belong Woo right here with us, as we did miss you so. As Walnut says you take things nice and easy Woo and remember to add a little giggle-dust to your cuppa to set you off for the day!;)

Kandy I have to admit I save my Tesco points and now Walker's Crisp points for days out that also include N.T. places although it will be one of our boys that get to visit the places not me!

Thanx Marley for the alloment thread you're a darling! Have a nice day guys and girls.Hel.xxx.

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Good morning everyone,

Woo, good to see you back :thumb: :)

Kandy, you should get some good use out of your N.T. membership. Don't forget to put your window sticker in the car windscreen as it will allow you to park free in any N.T. unmanned car park. If there is a car park attendant you will still need your membership card. When you are in the Lake District the White Moss Common car park (Rydal/Grasmere) is no longer National Trust. The land owners have taken it back from the N.T. who used to rent it from them (rotten b*ggers).

Marley, you are doing a great job there :thumb:

Moyra, you didn't know you were born! :D
    We had to live in a cardboard box until I was 18. We only had old shoe leather to suck on for breakfast and had to work 25 hours a day. :D :D :D