Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It's trying to rain here, occasional flurries; not a day for going far, except the afternoon hospital run.

Just tried to get through to Joyce on the "Patientline" bedside phone, what a rip off, 39 or 49 pence per minute depending on the time you call! plus they start each call with about a minutes worth of commercials before trying to connect you, stuff that for a game of soldiers, or as we used to say "I don't mind a joke but **** a pantomime."

Add that to the further rip off car parking charges and bedside TV and hospital starts to get a bit expensive, especially if you're on a pension!.

2. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Shiney, I've told you MILLIONS of times not to exaggerate .......... :rolleyes:

3. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Oh Mike, don't curb his enthusiasm he only exaggerated a little bit and that was about the 25 hours and then he was confused because it seemed like that long.......

4. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Sorry, how remiss of me!
    [​IMG]

5. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Good moaning everyone.

Heh,heh..methinks someone is entering the realms of fantasy here. (can you tell I was and still am a Dad's Army fan)

Good Morning to you Woo...we haven't met as I'm a newbie, so nice to meet you.:thumb:

Mike, mobile phones are cheaper. those hospital phones are a rip off as you say..I don't know how they get away with it. Here in Wales in our county, Ceredigion the hospital parking is now free...might be the same all over Wales but I don't know offhand. However this does bring it's own set of problems. People are parking there all day who aren't even visiting the hospital?? So now it's even harder to find a place to park. Even the disabled spaces are taken by none disabled drivers...and seeing as there are now no patrols....it's all gone downhill.

Anyway, have a nice day everyone, glad your water is sorted Kandy.

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Mike and Moyra, I'm confused all the time nowadays ;) :)

By the way Mike, what does that word 'exaggerate' mean? :confused:
    It's not the naughty thing that my mum told me not to do, is it? ;) :D

7. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Erm.

No better not...comment I mean, heh,heh

8. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    I have to admit I had a little chuckle at Mike's "I have told you a MILLION times not to exaggerate" Pot, Kettle, Pot..........ha ha ha! I do love the sense of humour to be found on these threads it sees me through each day. Thank you all.

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,788

You've got it wrong Moyra! We're all deadly serious :D :D :D

10. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Hee hee, think you mean seriously deadly don't you?:D:D

11. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

Or seriously dead even?

I love spoonerisms and malapropisms or any play on words come to that (very punny)

I think the phrase I have most fun with is

Bearing up under the strain ................ or ........... straining up under the bear ............. or even............... staring up under the brain

Or how about ................ the feather warcast ............ ( would that refer to down fall ?)

or ................. under the affluence of incohol ( I'm not as drunk as some thinkle peep I am)

the parents .............. dum and mad?

I could go on ................ and on .............................. and on ................................

[​IMG]

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,788
    Keep it up Mike :thumb: :D

Well, good morning again everyone,
    Last night Mrs shiney and I decided that we would have an impromptu dinner party tonight. So after I got home from bridge at 11.30 p.m. I went shopping :eek:. I've got everything now so I suppose I might as well go to bed for a couple of hours. I'll be up early to start the mowing so that the garden will look presentable for our guests.

I may not have time to get on here later so have a very good Saturday :thumb: :) :) :)

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning all my friends have a great weekend and all stay safe and keep wearing that smile.:)

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Woo beat me up this morning (in a getting up early sort of way) Keep trying to get mrs Walnut to do those late night shopping trips Shiney but no chance I have to suffer and get dragged along on Saturday morning still at least Ican get a ride in afore she gets up,catch up later,take care everyone.:thumb:

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to those of you that can't sleep and to everyone else when they wake up:D

Shiney I do hope you are not going to mow the lawns until your neighbours get up.If I went out mowing at some ungodly hour I would be carted off to the nearest cells and i would be the talk of the village:D

They reckon that the time you went shopping is the best time to go because everyhting gets reduced down to silly prices,but when we went at 7.30pm the other week to get the flour for our bread maker there was hardly anything on the shelves:eek:
    Good Luck with the impromptu dinner party:thumb:

By the way I have passed on the message to Mr Kandy about the NT carparks and the one that is no longer free.He was thinking of doing that walk as well.We will have to get plenty of use out of the membership the price we had to pay and to top it all there isn't many if any NT properties around here:rolleyes:

Walnut,Mr Kandy is lucky I hardly ever drag him round the shops.I prefer to leave him at home and go myself.He gets too bored if I take him unless it is anything to do with DIY stuff or cars,then he is out the door before me:eek:

Enjoy your day everyone in all that you do:)