Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Good morning again,

Kandy, I don't start the mowing until 8.30 and then that is at the bottom of the garden away from the neighbours. What I have done early this morning is to trim the edges of somew of the lawns and wash half of my car :)

I've only washed one side and half the boot, roof and bonnet :D. I needed to do that so I could take a photo of the car for the advertisement that I have just put into the local papers. The first edition it gets into is on Thursday. The car has now done 91,000 miles and I have just done a deal for a new car. I shopped around the main dealers and have got the best deal from one in Harrogate and they will deliver the car next month. :thumb:

If you go shopping at the supermarkets after midnight it is difficult to get your trolley around all the stock piled up in the aisles as they do their shelf filling during the night, but you get fresh stuff :D

Going to have my porridge now and then start mowing.

Have a great day :D

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,You cannot be serious,washing only half the car:eek: You should get Mrs Shiney to wash it for you then you might get the whole lot done:thumb:.No wonder they have froecast rain.:eek: I struggle to wash mine myself because being short I can't reach the roof unless I stand on a step ladder and then I leave smears onthe car because I havn't dried it properly:thumb: I hoovered mine out the other week and then got a duster and the polish and gave the inside a good dust and polish,but have to be careful as it makes the steering wheel slippery:D

91,000 miles is nothing these days,or Mazda 626 had gone round the clock before it finally gave up the ghost.Are you going for a Roller,4x4 Gas guzzler or sex on wheels{sports car}:)

When we go shopping the isles are full of shelf stackers because they refuse to work at night and would rather block the isles chatting to their mates about football,beer and sex or we have to go round the pensioners and their zimmer frames or the .com people pushing their over large trolley down the narrow isles.looking for all the nearly out of date goods to palm off onto the .com users because they can't be bothered to drive to the stores like normal people do {only joking}:D

I.m not into dinner parties myself,me being common and all that{whistle}

Enjoy your mowing,looks like it will rain here soon:rolleyes:

3. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,788
    Kandy, what's that bit about drying the car :confused:? Is that what you are supposed to do? :D and what is this bit about dusting and polish :confused:
    I just washed half and then took the photo whilst it was all wet and shiny :D. When I know I have someone coming to look at the car I shall get it cleaned by one of the men in the car park at Sainsbury's when I am shopping. Got to keep the local economy ticking over :D

I'm just getting the new version of my Volvo so I can park it alongside my Maserati and Roller :thumb:

I'm going out now to wake the neighbours up.:)

4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning all. Blimey, you lot make me feel tired just reading what you are going to do:eek:

Not doing anything exciting except picking up a 'freecycle' indoor water feature:D Think I've got the bug now! Hope it's nice.

Blooming wind & rain is blasting the few flowers I have and i wanted to get some pics of them. Oh well, hope to have more coming later.

Talking of washing cars, I have to have the car door open and stand up on that to reach the top of ours:D Mind you, that was a long time ago - we now put it through the local car wash on the special offer days £4:thumb:

Have a good day everyone.

cheers

5. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    [​IMG]The weather cannot make up its mind here yet. The sun keeps coming out but there are dark storm clouds too! Oh well its the weekend and kids want to get out, as we do too, into our gardens so it is bound to rain!:(:D Have a good weekend everybody!:thumb:

6. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Good Gracious me...is it that time already...I mean is it only that time...what am I doing up???

Answer...dam cat climbing on my head again meowing for biscuits. Should have called it cooking fat.

Mornin all.

For Mike. Constanoon Afterble and shiney is mooing his lawn, (can you say that on a family site)...oh well, heh,heh.

No shopping for us, we do that during the week on the quiet days. Otherwise we get too many insurance claims for Mrs Tweaky running people over in her wheelybin.;) Still unsure what's happening today, weather disagrees with the BBC..its still dull here and looks like rain.

I'm not much interested in tennis these days and watching golf is worse than watching paint dry. Hey borrowers, freecycle is great isn't it...got loads of stuff off there also passed on quite a bit, better than it going to the tip and met some very nice people.

Oh well another cup of tea then the short trip to the local shop for bread and milk and some cans for tonight....then I shall await the sun arising.

Rabbit and two (yes two) guinea pigs doing well. Popcorn, Pie and Pickle.

Well all have a good one and no doubt we will all catch up around the forum sometime.

Cheers folks.:D

7. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all, Weather here same as yours moyra, it can't seem to decide what it wants to do. At least the wind has dropped. Got to cancel our 2 week holiday to tenerife today, as OH has hospital appointments he has to attend. Never mind, his health comes first, plenty of time for holidays at a later date. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, take care. 02

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning everyone.

Boy lots of work going on here just makes me feel plain lazy just reading about it all. I'll have to catch up on you guys and girls.

Loads to do and not enough hours in the day to do them all although could do with the weather being better to air dry the clothes instead of the dryer!

Shopping I just hate it whether it's clothes or food shopping it just bores me to tears although I think the main cause of it all is the plain rudness of people; taking up the aisle space with their trollies stucking them in the middle, not looking where they are going or even not placing the next customer bar down at the check-out. Is it just me or does this bug others too?

02 I do hope all goes well for Mr.02 and I do agree with you (regarding the holiday) best to get things sorted health-wise first after all there's nothing worst than being poorly while away, fingers crossed things will go well for you both and in no time at all you will be booking a holiday once again.;)

Enjoy the weekend guys and girls llets just hope the weather is nice enough to get outside!Hel.xxx.

9. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all, now why didnt i marry a woman that hates shopping instead i just get dragged to carry the bags:D:D hope you are all ok

have a nice wkend:thumb:

10. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Goodness me:eek: you folk rise early don't you!!!
    I have a job to lift me head off the pillow these days:rolleyes:

It's dry but cool here and still the blasted drills are at work next door:mad:

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,788
    Kandy, It's me trying to sound posh :). What's actually happening is that we are having a few mates round for a nosh and a bevvy :thumb: :D

Moyra, you must be in the wrong part of Essex. We've got brilliant sunshine and I've just come in from mowing most of the lawns. Gotta have a shower now :). No, it's not my birthday!!:D

Tweaky, you can say the bit about me but you'd better be careful with your typing when you talk about the cat :eek: :D

12. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    your still being posh ! did you mean p..s up shiney:D:D:thumb:

13. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    No its lovely now Shiney I think the dark clouds are heading your way north-west from me. I am tucked twixt A127 and A13 about 6/7 miles east of Basildon and about the same west of Rayleigh without being too specific.:D

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Think your right there, heh,heh.:thumb:

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,788
    Imp and Tweaky, that is what I meant but I'm too shy to say it :D

Moyra, they've got a long way to go to get to me and I'm sure they will disappear on the way :)

Off to do more gardening now but it's getting a bit warm in the sun.