Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh eck Kandy. Forgot all about the outside tap....well there's always tomorrow, heh,heh.

2. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Oh dear thought we were going to get a bit of rain earlier it came over dark now the sun has come out again and not a drop fell on my garden..........must buy a retractable hose to make life easier!

3. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Tripe of any colour triple yuk. [​IMG]

4. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Eeek, tripe. Che schifo! (now you know how to say yuck in italian)

I am making pizza for dinner! :)

5. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    back on days walnut 4,,, 12hour days starting monday then its a week off ...lady imp is trying to buy me a bike so we can ride down the bury bolton canal:eek:

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,way to go Ste lady imp has the right idea you wont regret it, about the freshest air you will get away from the traffic nice and relaxing on your days off, have a safe day everyone.:thumb:

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Walnut and everyone.It is a lovely bright sunny day out there today so it looks like more watering on the lottie will be the order of the day,though I expect once it is done we will get those thunder storms they have promised us:rolleyes: I think it is going to be even hotter by the end iof the week as well so summer may be on its way at last:D

Have a great day everyone in all that you do and don't forget the sun hat,sun cream and plenty of water to keep you hydrated.:thumb:

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning Walnut,Kandy and all my other friends hope that you are all well,have a lovely Monday and please stay safe:)

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all , had a great weekend if a bit busy.. Family over yesterday which was lovely.. Well the sunny garden is calling so will be off out there in a while...:D

:thumb: Have a great day all, whatever you may be doing.!

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,790
    Good morning Walnut, Kandy and Woo and everyone else,

Yesterday was hot and sunny with today similar and tomorrow's forecast is the around 80 degrees. Then they say it is rain for the following seven days. Our garden is crying out for water :eek: so could do with some rain, but not a week of it.

I'm hoping to pick our first runner beans by the end of the week :thumb: :).

Enjoy your day and let's be careful out there :D

11. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Good Morning All, Shiney I have been out there and watered the garden already this morning as I have to go to the hospital early with my wrist. It is going to be a real hot one today so I guess it will want doing again when I eventually get home.... Have a good one everybody!

12. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,790
    Morning Moyra, don't forget to take the rest of yourself when you take your wrist to the hospital :D. I hope they can sort it out for you :thumb: :)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

I enjoyed myself at the car-boot yesterday thankfully before the rain storm started!

I was able to get a lovely large coil of copper tubing Bob's going to twist them into circles for me to put around my Hosta's at £2 it's gotta have been a bargain although the lovely young fellow was amazed when I told him what it was for, Bob might even make me one of those posh looking twirls for the garden out of some of it at Dobbies they are about £40!:eek:

Getting hooked on Free-cycle at the moment and I'm amazed that we are able to get some 'stuff' out of the way instead of going to the skip with it needless to say it's going to be great for us as we do tend to keep things that we no longer need but I'm sure I'm the only person with that flaw!:o

Ste good luck with the bike Mrs.Imp is very brave to get you one as all the young ladies will be after you specially when you start to get lovely strong muscles like Walnut!:thumb:

Busy day today loads to do not sure if there's enough hours to do everything! Hel.xxx.

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Bom dia para tudo. :)

I have just got back from taking my friend to Faro airport, naturally having to stop at the garden centre on the way home. :rolleyes: I put the guest laundry in before going so it's done and on the line.

It was lovely having my friend visit as I haven't seen her since she and her husband came for Christmas 2005 .... sadly he died all too young in October 2006. There was a lot to catch up on and we three had a lot of laughs but I am a quiet person and am pleased to have my own 'time and space' back and getting back into my own routine.

This past week has been the hottest in several years, peaking at 41.7C (that's about 106-7F for those still not with the C scale). We always have lovely pleasant evenings though. Right now it is 30 but the forecast is for our highs to be in the low 20s later this week .... I'll believe that when I feel it.

I read this morning that the UK will not have any lemons by the end of July as the main suppliers are South Africa and Argentina and they have suffered frost and low temperatures. It also says the current price of a lemon is 28p .... :eek: On the contrary, Portugal and Spain are letting their lemons fall to the ground and rot as the EU will not buy from us. Be warned for those of you who like a G&T or to make lemonade or lemon curd ....

..... so, I'll leave you on that sour note and wish you all a good day and plenty of sunshine. :)

15. midnightrose

midnightrose Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    28p for a lemon? They were 14p (I think) last time I looked. Perhaps it's time to plant a lemon tree, I#ll be a millionaire this time next year!