Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Good moaning peeps:thumb:

Oh yea..pull the other one, its for a 'still' on the allotment isn't it, heh,heh.

Good luck at the Hosi Moyra.

Well, looks like its going to be a nice day...so I shall do a bit of planting and titivating in the front garden (can't touch you for it)

Have a good day everyone.:D

2. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Waiting for the phone call to say Joyce can come home after her first bout of chemo.

She says she's had to have fish every day for main meal as they can't gaurantee other things to be free of onions/garlic/leeks which she is severely allergic to.

Even a mild dash of onion or garlic salt is enough to put her to bed for 3 days. Try looking at the ingredients list on most soups, or tinned or frozen meals, for example IIRC there are only about 3 varieties of Heinz soups with none of the onion family in them, beef broth, tomato and I think mushroom. Going to a restaurant is very much a lottery for her, even the smell can make her heave.

3. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Mike.

Give her my regards mate. I have a friend who is into her second week of radio and chemo. First week wasn't so bad, but she has to go to Cardiff from Nr Abba so she has been driving herself out to the shops everyday. She stays there all week and then comes home for the weekend.

Seems like the second week is worse than the first. Still, she is getting on fine despite the problems.

Having an allergy to onions garlic and leeks has got to be really tough (I've never heard of that) when purchasing tinned soup. They often say..contains spices...but don't tell you what they are yea. Mind you when it says that, there is bound to be a trace of garlic. Sounds as though hands to the pumps in the kitchen is called for, then you know what she is eating.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Garlic (nor other members of the onion family) dont actually count as spices AFAIK. In our experience if something contains onions etc it will say so on the label. What does annoy is when they change the ingredients adding onions and don't say "new recipé" or other clue.

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,790
    Mike, Mrs shiney and I wish Joyce all the best :thumb: :)

Seems as though you are lumbered with cooking everything from scratch :eek: :) :)

6. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Hi folks I'm struggling to find our usual threads, seem to be getting lost. Good morning all Can't sleep got so much going on. Dont want to bore you with the details. We all get aspects in our lives that we would rather do without. anyway hope you all have a good week and the weather is working for you all. Scary to think we are past half way summer wise. some of us are still waiting for it to happen. bedding plants are struggling to flower. to much rain not enough sun. If I'm struggling in Mancheter how are you doing in scotland? having said that you have had fantastic weather at times when ours have been 'pooh' 02

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning O2 and all,you go easy O2 it's easy to get lost at this time in the morning,regards to Joyce Mike hope she copes ok with the chemo,have a good day everyone.:thumb:

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone and a Happy July 1st:) Where is this year going to.It is just flying and it looks like summer is finally here abeit only for a short spell until the thunderstorms come.Still the gardens desperately need it:cool:

Mike hope all goes well with Joyce and she soon gets over this rough patch.Our thoughts and prayers go with you both:thumb:

Have to wait in today for a washing machine engineer to come anytime between 8-1pm because my washing machine of 18 months has decided to sound like a bearing might have gone.This happened twice with my old one but I wouldn't have expected it to go on this one yet and the machine still looks brand new:(

Hope you all watched that fantastic Murry game at Wimbledon.I think it had all of us on the edge of our seats after coming back from being two sets down.Can't wait until the next round now:D

Hope you all have a very good day and please try not to either get burnt or struck by lightning when it comes:thumb:

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone, sorry to hear about your wife's allergy Mike, that is a difficult one to cope with I am sure as onions & garlic do seem to go into just about everything these days..!!! I can see you doing "meals on wheels" into the hospital for her Mike..!!!!;):D:D Give her my best wishes, chemo is hard work, but I am sure she will do well with it.. Especially if you are going to cook for her..!!:thumb::D Thinking of you both at this tough time..!:thumb::)

:thumb: Have a good day everyone.!

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,790
    Good morning everyone,
    A lovely day :thumb: but Mrs shiney is feeling a bit under the weather :(. So it will be H and F today :)

Have a great day :D

11. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    02 - never think that by expressing something on your mind which is worrying you would be 'boring' us.

A problem shared.. and all that.

We care about you!

Kath :)

Shiney - give Hannah my love and wish her better from me x

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,790
    Thanks Cookie :thumb: :D

13. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Morning all, was horribly late yesterday,and now I am unsure which way to head for the coffe.

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Lol it must have been real nice playing catch up with your friend don't know how you cope with the weather being so very hot as although it is very nice to have a bout of hot weather but anything over 25 and I'm cooking!

Tweaky never thought of that ......moonshine it is then, bring glass and I'll share it with you all!:D

Mike I do truly hope Joyce responds well to the treatment and not feeling too ill from the chemo.

02 you take care darling, keep strong and remember if you ever want a chat I'm here for you girl.;)

Kandy I have had to buy two washing machines in the last 3 years I know you get 5 years free parts with Hotpoint but it's not worth the labour charges to get them fixed so as you can imagine washing machines are a swear word in our house needless to say I'm not buying anymore Hotpoints because they don't make them as they used to.Now my old washer-dryer lasted 10 years no wonder landfills are a problem!:(

Shiney every lady deserves a little attention when she's feeling under the weather, we are hard work at times but the rewards are plentiful!:D

So wanted to get stuck in at the allotment yesterday but only managed a very poor one hour thanks to a 'lady' bashing me right on my butt in Morrisons don't know how I managed to walk back to the car needless to say the 'lady' in question was hell bent on playing demolition derby with her trolley as she smashed someone else's hand just seconds later after me but at least that poor guy got a 'sorry' out of her!:eek:

On our way home Dan took poorly at work and rang me to ask if we could pop down to his works so I could drive his car back as he was suffering from dizzy spells and sickness.
    After the shopping accident I could hardly drive Bob even had to pull up in front of me to ask if there was a problem with Dan's car I told him no the problem is me! I had to keep the car in low gears as the clutch was just too much for me...thank goodness for Mr.Codine, Mr.Diclofenac, Miss.Paracetamol and the wonderful Mrs.Radox!:D

Going to take things steady at home today but hopefully later on I'll get a chance to do some more digging.Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx

15. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Gud Moaning Muppet Mates.

Tweaky here to brighten up everyone's day. I'm ready with my Jar of Vic (I'm an expert at applying it) Box of pain killers and morphine patches and some stuff I made from a funny looking plant in the garden. If you don't smoke I can bake some cakes with it in...garlic free Mike.;) Puncture repair outfits, Back rubs including Horse lineament, acupuncture kit and a bottle of Scotch, for medicinal purposes only..hic..oop's.

Quick joke...should a Gynecologist, look up old girlfriends?...sorry about that, heh,heh.

Now to wipe the smile off my face...it's not all sweetness and light here in Aber, it's the dreaded M.O.T this month, plus insurance..yuck. Mind you, the car is in better nick than I am. :D

Had a dreadful accident myself yesterday in the garden, knocked over a full can of Stella which I had just opened. I was gutted. Took me another half an hour (whilst drinking a fresh one) to get over it.:( The bright side of it, cause there is always one you know....was that is fell on paving slabs, so Wally dawg drank it....hate to see beer going to waste. He retired shortly afterwards to sleep it off. Mind you, he slept with a smile on his face.

Some more gardening today and a few houseplants to water...also got to figure out how to put the date and time in me camera. Thought I had done it and then it said 1st April 2003!! Think the camera has a sense of humour...1st of April indeed, huh.

Well I shall have a shifty around the forum, time to post another poem I think on the poetry thread...pop over there when you have some spare time. You might even enjoy it:D

Right. Oft now. Hope you all have a good day and catch ya'!! aroond:thumb: