Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Jarbax,we wasn't sure if it was on or off for the people who were going to look after the Guneia's and I was losing sleep with the thought of having to go round to all our friends in the village asking them when their holidays were in case we had to make different arrangements.They have all said in the past if we got stuck to ask them but as they all have kids we thought they might go away at the same time as us or go as we are coming back.Big sighs of relief,though our cat Poppy has done a runner so we are hoping she is not locked in someones garage and they have gone away:eek:..Another worry now:rolleyes:

2. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi O2,go for it with the wellie.I would just ignore what other half says.I never care what I look likeas long as I am happy then that is all that matters;):D

3. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well let's just say I started school before WW2!!

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,795
    Hi Kandy,
    I think you can post as many pictures as you can smilies, but I'm not sure :confused:

I clicked on your link for your holiday and just got a list of hotels :eek: :D

Inter,
    Still almost none of the wet stuff :mad:. We have had (I think) only one day that it rained in the last four weeks.

5. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    shiney think your house is going to end up in the desert if you start seeing these pal start to worry:D
    [​IMG]

6. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, ya got me there Old Fella me lad.:D

Cant remember whether I was four or five when I first went to school...so lets assume I was five, then that would be 1951...and there was still rationing!!!

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    Inter, :D :D :D. Can I sign up for Water Aid? :confused:

Tweaky, You're just a youngster :) :p but I bow down to his Revered Elderlyness, Sir Mike ;) :D :D

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry Shiney it should have been www.southland.co.uk Silly me shouldn't have put the 's' on the end of southland;):eek::o:D

9. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thassit Shiney, gotta keep these young whippersnappers in their place; as for the "Revered Elderlyness" I like that, can it replace "Senior Member" under me name?

Maybe use it for all over 70's (how many of us are there on here? who is the most senior member, any over 80s?)

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    Mike, I think that it should be as well as Senior Member ;).

The Senior Member bit refers to how long you have been a member or how many posts you have done. Some of our 'Senior Members' are not senior and wouldn't like it thought that's what they are :eek: :D :D :D

It doesn't affect me as I am already used to being called a number of things :D :D

11. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Good morning all, The little robin is churrping his little heart out. Could'nt sleep, so here I am. Hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you may be doing. 02

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning O2 and everyone.It is quiet cold out there today and still blowing a gale.I just can't undrestand where the lovely warm weather has gone,considering one day last week we were hotter than the Med:confused::):cool:

We have lamb for dinner today so will enjoy cooking that along with the new potato's I dug up last week.:thumb:

Mr Kandy will be glued to the telly this afternoon for the Grand Prix and I might sit and watch the mens finale at Wimbledon :)

Have a good day everyone in all that you do:)

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    Good morning O2 and Kandy, and everyone,

Not the slightest breeze out there and still no rain. According to the weather forecast we should definitely get rain today :rolleyes:. They say the whole of the country will get some but I won't hold my breathe :D

It's not very well organised for sport fans today, is it? British Grand Prix AND Wimbledon final on the same day :confused:. It doesn't bother me as I'm not a sport fan but even I would know not to arrange them on the same day. They couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery :D :D

Have a great day :D

14. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Kandy I know where the sun is..................Shiney nicked it all!!;):D 02

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hello Shiney and 02:) You must get the heatwave from London Shiney that is why you are warmer than us up here in the north:thumb:

You are right though about the sport though so I shall be confined upstairs in the bedroom to watch the mens finale though it was lovley to see the 14 year old Laura Robson with the girls finale especially as she is British,even though she was born in Australia:D

I wanted to put the heating on last night because I was cold sitting on the settee with my hat, scarf, and gloves on but Mr Kandy just told me to put some more layers of clothing on:eek::D