Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone..!
    I hope Charley will pick up a bit too Kandy. Thanks for the good wishes.. He is on Metacam for the moment. I saw the xrays & this "wrist" joint on one of his back legs is in a terrible state. If it was a human hip it would have been replaced by now.. !! The socket is very worn on one side & so much new bone growth making it so graunchy & rough.... !!!!:eek::( Nobody can work out why he has never limped or shown any sign of pain there before....!!!!! :rolleyes: Then again... He is a Springer & a very large English one at that...!!!!:D

:thumb: Take care everyone & have a great day, whatever you may be doing..!!!

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Marley and all.

Oh Marley Metacam worked wonders when our beloved Dude was a mere pup he grew too quick (if that's possible) and had to go on the med to ease his joints it helped him no end maybe be it will do just the same trick for your Charley.

Init there are times when I had thought the same about putting Bob up for sale only problem someone might just take me up on the offer and it takes far too long to train another model so I think I'll stick with this one!:D

Tweaky hopefully the new pills will good the Mrs. the world of good lets hope so nothing worst than feeling poorly.

Lol Kandy you're tha same as me I go away for a weekend and end up taking clothes enough for a week Bob just rolls his eyes at me needless to say there's no much room for his stuff in the cases!

Haven't been able to get over to the allotment for a day or so but later on if the weather holds I'm sure we will pop over and get some things sorted.
    Have a nice day guys and don't work too hard!Hel.xxx.

3. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Good Morning to everyone.:D

Helofadigger......I do sometimes threaten to put Himself up for sale, but like you say, it will take too long to train another one and I do rather love this one. (I'd only swap him for another man in uniform):D:D

I have three brothers and my Ma thinks the sun shines out of their nether regions.
    Two brothers live in the US and one lives in the UK but keeps his distance. LOL

Ma lives 40 seconds away from my house and basically we run two houses. This is how I have aquired two gardens and am trying to get her garden up to scratch, even if I only use it to grow vegetables.
    Himself and Ma have a reasonably good relationships. She irons his work shirts and he loves her for it.:) She is an excellent cook and we get well fed. So all is not bad.......just that at her age, she gets a bit grumpy, but then I get grumpy at my age too.:p
    I can do a Grumpy Old Woman any time. I just love doing it and I think I have earned that right :D:D

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,795
    Good morning everyone,
    I'm on here rather late today as I had 18 emails to reply to first :eek: :).

I hope all of you and your pets are feeling a lot better :thumb: :).

It's alright for you lot to talk about putting the other half onto Ebay but it isn't so nice to look on Ebay and find you're up for sale :( - and there aren't any bids for you :eek:.

Tweaky, the Model T is doing well :thumb: it runs as good as it did when I bought it brand new :D.

Have a great day :D

5. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Mornin all

Just popped in for a quickie. Just about to take Mrs Tweaks to the Doctors, she's not to good so love to everyone and catch up when I get back. TTFN

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Back on the net after loading a microsoft update this morning I lost my internet connection apparently it was in conflict with zone alarm which thought it posed a threat and shut down the internet connection,deleted the download so back up and running.:mad:

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    So it appears as though Zone Alarm doesn't like Microsoft either :D ;).

I never update Microsoft because it always seems to give more problems than it is supposed to solve. :)

8. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    Good morning Tweaky,
    I hope Mrs Tweaky is feeling better now :thumb: :).

The rain has stopped now but it came down steadily, but not too heavily, most of the day. The garden is loving it :D.

Got a load of paperwork to catch up with :( so see you all later.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    Just having a cuppa before carrying on with the paperwork :D.

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, hope you managed to get some sleep Shiney probably it's worrying about all that rain you are getting not the paper work that's keeping you up:D, Tweaky hope your wife is feeling better,have a safe day everyone.:thumb:

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone:)

Glad to see you have everything sorted now Walnut.:thumb: Mr Kandy downloaded AVG8 the other day as our twelve months were up with AVG7 so as we needed protection went for that one.It is ok but I have found the computer is now a bit slow:rolleyes:

Hope your wife is a bit better Tweaky and don't you go over doing things either:eek:

Nice to see the sun is shining again.Had rain all day and night yesterday and the slugs and snails were having a field day again.:rolleyes:

Hope you all have a great day.I can't hang about as I have loads to do ready for going away.I want to get the bed stripped and all the towels washed as well so I havn't got too much washing to come back to.Plus I need to mow the lawns over the next few days,clean out the guneia pigs,get the cats to their holiday home.Weed the allotment and pick the next lot of broad beans and then pod them.Make sure the house is nice and clean and then help Mr Kandy with any last minute packing,And make sure all the plants are put down the sid eof the shed that didn't get put out so they won't need watering until we get back...phew

Hope you all have a great day:)

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone...I had the same problem as you Walnut..!!! I don't usually update it either but yesterday I clicked on it by mistake...!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Took me 21/2 hrs to solve it.. I had to reload all my wireless software....... Argh...!!!!!! Mind you it is the 1st time I have ever clicked on the update I normally just junk that, but yesterday..??? I knew as soon as I had clicked it it was the wrong one...!!!!! Still all back to normal now....:rolleyes::D

:thumb: Hope everyone who is poorly is feeling a bit better today..!!

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

:( Kandy Just heard of an accident near Melton Mowbray where 6 people in one car have been killed by a lorry... They have arrested the lorry driver....!!!! 6 lives lost, but how many families suffering such pain..!! :(

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    Good morning everyone,
    It's mild and sunny out there so I have been pottering about doing a little bit of weeding :thumb:.

Walnut, I was a bit puzzled by that wet stuff that was falling from the sky but it has gone now :).

Kandy, all those chores shouldn't take much more than an hour or so ;) :D.

Marley, those MS updates are a pain in the proverbial :mad: :D. I've turned the updates off but can't remember how I did it :confused: :D.

Have a great day :D.

15. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi fellow Gardeners.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts re Mrs Tweaky. The Doc wants her to phone the surgery on Friday just to check up on her progress, but this morning she is throwing her considerable weight about (all 6 stone of her) again...so she is obviously perking up a bit....Oh eck, for me that's bad news.:D

Here's a quick pic of the devil incarnate....

[​IMG]

Dunno whats on the cards today apart from being busy in the kitchen. Got some beetroot to boil up and pickle...obviously parsley to freeze, got a chicken carcass to boil up for stock so that will keep me busy for a few hours. Chop up carrots and lettuce for the Rabbit and Guinea pigs, make some seed fat balls for our feathered friends.....phew, a house husbands work is never done is it!!!!!

Have a good day everyone.:thumb: