Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey great your back Kandy. Shiney has been using your credit card (or a copy) in the Pop Inn, so I suggest you have a word in his shell like.

Glad you had a good time.:thumb:

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Glad you enjoyed your break Kandy & welcome back. My Dad is going home tomorrow after being in hospital for 3 months,so fingers crossed it works out ok.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Hel,Shiney,O2,Tweaky and Gogs.Many thanks for the warm welcome back,though we have been quiet busy this morning what with the kitchen looking a Chinese Laundry:D.Still got lots of washing done,hung out and dried in this wind and have been ironing it all ready for airing.:thumb:

Hel,my back has been good although I did have to be careful when I was out on my bike.I think the exercises have done marvels although it was touch and go a few weeks ago when it started playing up again:eek:Dreading the allotment as we couldn't get over there before we went away due to all the rain so our Broad Beans will have got too old for picking.I will have to catch up with your allotment thread later on:thumb:

Shiney,don't overdo the gardening as you won't be able to enjoy your new car when you get it,and do make sure to wash and polish it.I can give you some tips if you need any on the keeping the inside clean and sparkley:thumb:
    I did predict that we were going to have lovely weather and we did,though people on the camp site said the two weeks before us arriving they had terrible weather:rolleyes:

02,thanks for your wishes.I think I must have got a cold draft in it because I used to sleep with the caravn window open to let some air in.I am struggling to turn it to the right and can't lift my head up and down properly:eek:

Tweaky good for you in getting those jobs done for Mrs Tweak.She is lucky to have such a good hubby as you:)Hope all the pets are ok?Mr Kandy is enjoying the Grand Prix at the moment.

Gogs,great news about your dad.:thumb:That three months have flown and I bet you and your dear mum will be pleased to have him back home again.I am keeping everything crossed for you all and wish you Good Luck thta the future will now look brighter.:)

Speak later everyone,just off to do a bit more and then will have to get my photos on the computer:thumb:

PS sorry it is a bit long,got a bit carried away,ouch.....

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,805
    Kandy, I got the car on Thursday :thumb: but I don't understand these things you mention... 'wash and polish' and 'clean and sparkley'.... :confused: ;) :D. Does it make the car go faster? :)

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,hope you are all well in the land of nod:thumb:

Shiney,I can't understand this man thing about not washing and polishing your car.If I paid thousands of pounds for a brand new car that you perhaps have there is no way I would leave it and not clean it.:eek: My little KA probably cost a fraction of what yours did,but as I had to work my socks off to be able to save up the money to buy it,I am sure I am not going to let it stand and get filthy.Perhaps Mrs Shiney will do the honours {Whistle}:D

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do.Nice to see the baby Ospreys are taking their first flights over on the RSPB site:thumb:

6. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone, good to see you back Kandy & so glad you had a nice time & the weather played ball too..!!:D Hope your neck's a bit better too..!
    :thumb: Gogs so pleased to hear your Dad's coming home. You & your Mum must be very pleased... :) 3 months is a long time to be in hospital. Hope all goes well..!!:thumb:
    Hope everyone else is well too..

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Marley and all.

Gogs it will be so nice for all of you to have you dad where he belongs back home safe and sound I do hope things stay that way because there's nothing worst than being stuck in hospital I know you get the meds and attention you do so surely need (one hopes) although I can't imagine staying in for 3 whole months, last time I had to stay in hospital I was in the early morning with only half an hour to spare and out in the afternoon after I delivered our youngest son nearly 20 years ago now...goodness that makes me feel so very old indeed!:eek:

Kandy I'm sure you will soon get cracking down on the allotment a little gentle weeding will soon sort your plot out.

I have to confess I only managed three loads of washing yesterday so there's still quite a lot to do although a fair bit of it is mine and not the guys!:o
    Have a lovely day people.Hel.xxx.

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,805
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, washing the car is ecologically unsound as it uses water when it isn't necessary :). That's the story I'm sticking to ;) :D :D. My house cost more than my car and I don't wash the outside of that either ;) :).

More gardening to do today. The runner beans are growing like mad :thumb: and so are the courgettes. I shall also pick some caulis and the rest of the garlic.

Have a great day :D

9. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Car thieves and joy riders would go for the clean and shiny cars not the dull mud streaked ones. QED

10. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Morning everyone, hope things are good with you all!

We got back from ut 11 night camping trip on Saturday night - about 7ish, and have to agree with you kandy - the unpacking etc is the worst!! Spent most of yesterday washing and drying (the tent/groundsheets and clothes) and enjoyed the sunshine - of which we saw little in Ludlow and Wales and Herefordshire! It wasn't constantly wet, just not really sunny! (not complaining - I don't like it TOO hot!)

Anyway, today I have to do some phonecalling (changed electric/gas supplier, so need to get in touch with bank etc) and preparing for our next jaunt - up to Edinburgh to my parents' with the guinea pigs for their summer holiday, whilst we go camping up to Achnahaird.

Most of the camping gear is in the front room - so it'll not be quite so bad having to heave everything from their various hiding places, but I need to fit it all plus the guinea pigs stuff into our Nissan Micra!

I couldn't agree more! :thumb: :D :thumb:

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,805
    Thanks Mike :thumb:. I didn't think of that excuse :D.

12. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Afternoon all from a beautiful Wales basked in sunshine.

=========
    ADVERTISEMENT.

Kitchen Staff wanted for the Pop Inn.
    No qualifications necessary.

Sounds like a good job for Kandy and Jarbax.

Terrific rates of pay (cash in hand, say no more;) ) and free drinks.

Gardener required for the window boxes either side of the front door...sounds like a good job for Helofadigger.

Posted by the Landlord of the Pop Inn.
    ==========

Another Diy day for me. Outdoor Toms fruiting. All herbs are growing like crazy. Gotta get the car in for it's MOT this week...yuk.

Everyone have a good rest of the day.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

13. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds too good to be true!

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning everyone I hope that you are all OK Its 3am and just been down to check on the Puppies but with Gypsy and Tiny to look after them they are fine:)they are both looking forward to their early morning walk so we will leave in about ten minutes have a good day and all stay safe.:)