Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone.

Hope you enjoy your early morning walk Woo:thumb:

Couldn't sleep because of this stiff neck problem.It is murder when trying to drive and having to turn my head to look over my shoulder:eek:

Would you credit it.I had a letter before I went away from my dentist saying I was due for a check up.{Computer generated I was told}I rang them up and said I had already been earlier in the year and everything was fine so didn't have to go back for another twelve months.:thumb:

Well last night I sat eating a toffee,the first one in months and guess what,a large piece of one of my fillings ended up in the toffee:eek: so now I have to make that appointment after all,and me being absolutely terrified of dentists as well:rolleyes::(

Tweaky I don't where you think I am going to find the time to work for you.Get yourself thirty pole of allotment and you will soon find that you won't have to time to go to the Pop Inn,talking of which our local radio station is bringing their early morning breakfast show from our new Pop In shop on Friday morning 6-8am.That should be fun:D

Hope you all have a good day.I am just off to wash and polish Myrtle:cool::D

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,806
    Good morning tweay, woo, Kandy and everyone,

Another beautiful day in shiney country and it looks as though the rest of the country has been infected by it.

Tweaky, if Kandy's local Pop In can get the radio broadcasting from there why can't we also get them to broadcast from the Pop Inn? :D Maybe you could advertise the kitchen jobs on the radio as well :thumb:.

Kandy, sorry to hear you have to have your filling sorted out and hope it isn't too traumatic :(. You'll have to keep off the toffees in future. :)

I'm going to give my poor old muscles a rest today after yesterday when I did some mowing, weeding and cut a privet hedge that is 120ft long and 8ft high. Later in the year I shall reduce that to 6ft to make life easier. :D

Have a great day :D

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney:),just in the middle of podding the broad beans I picked yesterday and see you had posted.

I havn't had any toffees for months in fact probably for well over a year so saw these soft ones last week and thought I would treat myself.I expect they are going to work out an expensive packet:(.Perhaps I can sue the shop{M&S} for displaying them by the till and forcing me against my will to reach out and grab a packet:eek::D I have to get it sorted because if I don't I will end up with toothache:eek:

Yes tweaky get here and tune into Radio Northampton on 104.2fm 103.6fm and listen to some lovely waffel.I don't know who they are going to get to go down there at 6am as I am about the only one in this village who gets up early.They are all still in bed zonked out on the red wine from the night before:D

Shiney,sorry to hear about your 120ft x 8ft long privet hedge,though it serves you right for having a long one:eek::rolleyes::D especially at your age:rolleyes:

Enjoy your day of rest.I have to go back to the lottie to dig some more spuds up as the slugs are now starting to get in to them.Managed to pull up all the shallots and onions yesterday so they are drying nicely in the greenhouse.:thumb:

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all, busy on here this morning..!!:D

:( Kandy hope your toothe & neck get better soon. I hate the dentists, but not frightened of them.. Poor old you.. Good luck..!!;)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing..!!

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    morning Marley,hope you are ok and that you are coping ok with everything at the moment as I know you have been going through it as well,so my small problems are nothing compared to what others and your good self have been going through.

Hope you have a good day:)

6. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb::thumb: I'm doing OK thanks Kandy, thanks for asking....;);) Still waiting for results...!!! 1st week of next month...!!!!;);):D I am just hoping they will be something I DO want to hear...!!;):D I am not as badly off as some & I hope it stays that way..!! ;);) Kandy.. Any pain... Is a pain in life, if you know what I mean.... Try & keep smiling, I do..!!:)

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Way to go Marley,good luck next month.:thumb:

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Tweaky thanks for the job offer I'll try and fit you in maybe 2020?:D

Kandy darling it really is terrible if you don't like going to the dentist I have seen grow ladies cry buckets in our dentist waiting room ..... maybe I shouldn't have told you that? Sorry sweetie.:o

Shiney we will be following in your shoes (so to speak) as this year we are going to try and reduce our own privet hedge just a tad mind as it appears it's getting too tall for us to deal with or is that because I'm getting older and shorter? :confused:

Marley I'll be keeping everything crossed for you with your results keep strong girl we are all routing for you!:thumb: Hel.xxx.

9. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Morning folks!

Kandy - can't do anything about your tooth, but I recommend Tiger Balm for your neck. I sometimes get a 'crick', and it really does help - the red one is the 'hotter'. (No tigers/animals harmed in any way in it's making! :) )

Marley - sorry to hear things not so great healthwise - you've got the right attitude to see you through! :thumb: :) :thumb:

Hel - my cousin is a proffessional gardenenr - she cut back their own privit 'hedge' (which hadn't been cut atall when they moved in) with a chainsaw. Miraculous results - after a bare winter, it looks fantastic! Maybe you know someone who might lower yours mechanically? :D

Have a good day all!

I'll be packing up the care and tidying up the house again for our camping trip up North tomorrow. Think the car really needs a good clear out first - am sure i'm driving around with too much stuff before I even start! (and that's not just all the dirt and grime on the outside! :D:D:D)

10. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb::thumb::thumb: Thanks all, but you know...... A smile on your face always helps your spirit..!!!!!:D:D:D

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hiya everyone, havnt been on for a while had a break from the internet had loads to do at home, we are having great weather here on the north east coast,would like to welcome stewpot my neighbour hes just bought a lap top and joined here as i sent him the link.have a great day all

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning all my friends hope that you are all OK Today I have to visit the Hospital at 9.10am to have some more tests and treatment and then I am going to have a lovely long walk along by the River Medway everyone have a good day and stay safe :)

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,806
    Good morning woo and everybody,

Woo, good luck today and enjoy your walk. :thumb: :)

I'm going to have a leisurely day pottering in the garden, meeting friends for lunch and then a bit more pottering :thumb: :D.

Yesterday was very warm and sunny and I did a load of weeding, then picked beans, courgettes, caulis and lifted all the garlic before spending the afternoon at the bridge club. It's a hard life ;) :D

14. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Good Morning everyone, gosh Woo I'm going to have to do the night shift to keep up with you..!!!!;):D Will be sending good wishes to you today for a good result on your tests & treatment... Enjoy that walk I bet your brain will need that space after all that.... Take care..;)

:D Coo Shiney your freezer must be filling up or you & Mrs Shiney will be looking like mixed veg if you are eating it all now..!!!!:D:D No veg can taste better than picked from your own garden..!!:D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing or is going on.!

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Had a really weird dream last night what with me being in a bike race.No wonder I crashed back out when Mr Kandy got up at 6am:rolleyes::D

Woo,hope everything goes ok for you today with the tests and treatment and hope you enjoy your walk afterwards:thumb:

Shiney,I have pulled up my onions and shallots and have been digging up all my spuds seeings that they are blighted but I am well chuffed with the size of them considering.It must be because I got them in quiet early so they grew big before the blight struck.Sounds like you will be having fun freezing all of those or just eating them:thumb:

My shoulder is a lot better this morning though I would love to know what causes these cricks as we call them:eek:

I have been down and made an appointment with the dentist so have to go tomorrow afternoon.I am shaking already at just the thought of it:rolleyes::eek:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:thumb: