Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, woo i wish you well with the tests, well looks like the weather is staying nice into the weekend and its lovely and warm here. shopping this morning taking my friend for new wallpaper, have a great day everyone

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Darling Woo I do truly hope that your hospital trip goes smoothly without any hiccups maybe you will find things are going really well for you sweetheart and good news like that is sure to boost your spirits, anyway I'll be thinking of you Woo and praying that it is all good news.;)

Jarbax to be honest we have been ripped off so many times using the 'professionals' and I don't mean Bodie and Doyle!:D Although Bob's not in the best of health he still is very handy with almost anything DIY-wise so what he is able to have a go out he does try so that not only saves the pennies but gives us a result that we are happy with at the end of the day and it also allows me to use my whip if he gets a little slack!:eek:

Rosa nice to have you back and bringing a new member too that's even better!

Kandy don't worry too much about the dentist sweetie well not until you get there just think of the relief after the treatment has been done.

If you guys are lucky to have the lovely weather we are having then please do remember to slap on the suncream because boy is it hot outside and enjoy your day.Hel.xxx.

3. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Morning everybody!

Woo - hope all goes well with your appointment - enjoy your walk!

Kandy - glad your shoulder's better - I think sometimes it's just from sleeping awkwardly - I know it took my back a bit of adjusting from sleeping on my memory foam matress to the hard ground in a tent, then back again. Hope your dental visit is swift and painfree!

Hel - agree completely re. some professionals - it's more often than not better doing it yourself (just for me, not when it comes to standing up a ladder with a hedgetrimmer!), luckily my dad is still willing and able to come down and help me out with that!

We are heading North today - this time taking the guinea pigs to my parent's for their holidays, then my son and I are travelling North West of Ullapool for some off the beaten track camping! I bought a new bike, so that is coming too. Not that I'm great at cycling - since i had a brain tumour 10ish years ago (successfully removed), my balance hasn't been great. Hoping that these quiet roads will do wonders for my confidence!

Sooo - loads to do. Packing, tidying, leaving the house in some semblance of order to come back to! Will be away for a good fortnight - can't believe the school holidays are zooming past so fast. A week back to school and I will be starting my Primary teacher training course (part time over 2 years). Making the most of my free time while I have some!

Stay well all, and have fun!

4. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Good morning all, hope the day is kind to everybody and everything goes well in whatever you may be doing. Ive got to make the most of today as I'm back to work tomorrow.:( 02

5. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Morning/Afternoon everyone.

Right thats the car booked in for its MOT on Friday morning at 11:00:eek: Talk about sunshine and heat...its roasting here..73f inside in the coolest place, but outside must be in the middle to late 80's easy.

The lads are going to set about erecting my greenhouse today, so it should be done in 3 weeks:rolleyes:

Ah, Ullapool you lucky people you..takes me back a few years does that. If you travel a couple of miles out of Ullapool there used to be a Hydro Station...we camped (probably illegally) right at the top of the hill. I think the Loch was called Loch Maoli or something like that. It's not on my present map. But it was great for swimming in and the sky at night was something to behold, it was magical...I have never before or since see so many stars in the night sky. You could also see the Russian Mackeral Fleet out at sea...wonderful views from up there.

Had to make our own latrines etc....but that wasn't a problem as we saw no one up there all week apart from a bloke, hand digging peat...which we used to build a fire along with stones we got from around the loch. Fish has never tasted nicer than it did over that open fire.

There used to be a shell of a Red Mini with polystyrene floats on it, anchored in the bay, wonder if it's still there? One thing that did surprise me, was in the front pub at night were loads of Russian Sailors. No passports, visa's or anything...just stepped off the boats carrying the mackerel from the big ships to shore and then coming ashore for a pint....absolutely fantastic. Have a nice day everyone...I shall.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

6. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Morning everyone.

Dont know what the weather is like, cause its dark...but taint rainin that's for sure. Bet Shiney is still in bed, heh,heh....catch ya's all later.:thumb:

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning Tweaky and all my other :)friends its a lovely early morning everyone have a great day and stay safe.Thank you for all your kind thoughts and wishes yesterday was a very long day and the news was good and not so good but enough of that lets enjoy the day in front of us:)

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Tweaky, Woo and everyone when they wake up:) We must be losing the daylight because I am finding this week I can't wake up in the mornings.Perhaps my body clock thinks I am still on holiday:Donly wish we had had two weeks now instead of just one week, even better wish we could have stayed over there:rolleyes:;)

Woo,you will be ok.Those medical people will look after you.It is amazing what they can do these days:thumb:

It is very foggy out there today which means it is going to be hot.I expect I shall be melting as well as shaking in the dentists this afternoon:rolleyes:

Hope you all have a very good day in all that you do:)

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Good Morning everyone, Oh dear Kandy, I know what you mean, 1 weeks hols just never seem enough when you were enjoying yourself...!!! :D When are you off again..!!!;):D

:thumb: Woo so pleased that some good came from yesterday even though it was a long day...!! I know I don't have to say it... But... Do take care my friend, stay positive & keep that smile on your face...!!!!! ;) So important..!! :):)

:( Kandy, going to the dentists is never fun, but for you it is different I know... Try & keep yourself strong & focused for the dentists my dear... Thinking of you on that one..!!!:eek::)

:thumb: Well, here's hoping everyone has a great day, whatever you may be up to..!!

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,806
    Good morning everyone,
    Tweaky, I wasn't in bed, I was doing some paperwork :thumb:. Can't use the computer at that time as our bedroom is next to my office and using the computer may disturb Mrs shiney :eek:. Using a pen on paper doesn't seem to wake her :D.

I've just got in from the garden and it is getting pretty warm. All the aquilegia cut down and put on the bonfire heap. The heap is very big (5ft x 6ft x 5ft) with tree prunings, laurel, privet and the aquilegia but can't set light to it until the farmer has harvested his field. It will be a lot larger by then with more hedges to cut.

I don't freeze any veggies anymore but sell the surplus for our chosen, open day, charity :thumb: :). I'm still selling rhubarb and am now selling beans, courgettes and toms.

Filled 18 garden waste bags yesterday (with Tracy's help) as it is waste collection time this morning.

I wish all the best to all of you that are not too well :thumb:. Kandy, good luck at the dentist :). I'm off next week to the hospital to be measured for new compression stockings as the scan showed that they couldn't operate. I'll have to decide what colour stockings I want :D.

Whilst I was in the garden this morning Oscar was telling me that he wants his breakfast. I told him that he has to wait for Mrs shiney to give it to him. So he kept getting in my way :D. I played with him for a few minutes and then he went and fell asleep on the front doormat. He's not silly :D.

Have a great day :D

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Woo hospital visits are always horrendous more so if you have to keep going backwards and forwards talk about having a season ticket.... I think Bob's well overdue for a loyalty !:eek::D Gotta to laugh even though at times you just want to cry although I know it's not everone's cup of tea but laughter is better than any medical aid and I totally agree with Marley stay postive for who knows what tomorrow brings, keep going Woo I'm routing for you darling!

Kandy good luck at the dentist today sweetie hopefully you will be in and out by the blink of an eye.:thumb:

Shiney great idea to sell on surplus veg I think it's a crime to throw food away all going well come next year we'll have enough veg for us and a few of my neighbours too.
    Hel.xxx.

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning everyone I do hope that you are all ready for this new day and the Bonus is ITS A FRIDAY:D :thumb:Enjoy the day and please stay safe.:)

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,806
    Good morning woo and everybody,

Another lovely day :thumb:.

Helen, make sure you charge them for the veggies. I usually charge about 50% - 60% of the supermarket price. Everyone thinks this is a bargain as they are getting really fresh, tasty, veg at nearly half price. Don't be embarrassed to charge :) and don't ask them how much they want in a bag. It is much easier for you to sell them in £1 bags. If they want more than you are selling at a £1 they will buy two bags. I find that with the rhubarb and runner beans some of them buy a few bags and then freeze them.

Have a great day :D

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone:)

Overslept again,I really need to go to bed earlier,must try for nine of the clock instead of ten:D

Helen,I was in the dentist's for ten minutes five sitting in the waiting room and five actually having treatment.As well as losing the filling I have lost part of the tooth as well.Anyway one quick white filling later to plug the hole and that expensive toffee cost me £44.60:eek: :( I don't think I shall be rushing to finish off the rest of them:rolleyes:

I also forgot to tell you that the problem with the washing machine the other week was a cotton bud had some how got into the machine and worked it's way through to the pump.twelve minutes work and that cost us £90.I think I am in the wrong job.I wonder how much us house wives are worth per day:D

Shiney good luck with the vegetables.Round here half the youngsters wouldn't have a clue how to evenprepare the vegetables let alone cook or freeze them:p

Well so much for popping down to the One Stop Shop to see Radio Norhtampton at work.I shall have to turn the radio on instead;)

Have a good day everyone in all that you do:thumb:

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,806
    Kandy, 9 o'clock and 10 o'clock :confused:. That's mid-afternoon :D. I went to bed at 3 a.m. and was up before 6.

I'm pleased that your visit to the dentist wasn't too traumatic :thumb: even if it was expensive :(.

Housewives are worth so much but nobody wants to pay them :(. You are all heroes :thumb: :D.