Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,if I am like this now I dread to think what I shall be like when we change the clocks zzzzzz.I must have relaxed too much last week:rolleyes:

I'm sitting here eating my breakfast and listening to the radio.It seems strange hearing about our village on that little box:thumb:

I shall have to move soon as the sun is burning me through the window:eek:

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Good Morning Everyone.. It certainly is TGIF today..!!!!!:thumb::D A very busy week comes to an end..!:D

:) Going to my my grandsons leaving service at the church this afternoon.. Last day at Primary school for him...!!!!:eek::(:D Sad, but good too I suppose.. The rest of the school wishes them good luck & success at their new schools & in life.....! Hard watching them grow up in todays cruel world.! Still we all have to, so can't change that one..!!!:(:D:D I think it is worse watching your grandchildren growing up than it was your own...!!!!!:(:(:eek::D

:thumb: Well have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Woo of course it's wonderful that it's Friday I just wonder if the weather will 'hold' over the weekend?

Shiney I could never charge my neighbours for any surplus stuff we grow it's just not in my thing although I'm more than willing to barter for some cutting or plant off them!

Kandy payment for your treatment could have been far worst I mean our dentist charges £215 for just one ceramic tooth!
    Lets face it if we all thought how much dental treatment costs us we wouldn't dare eat anything hard or chewy and the world would be a sad place without any banana favoured toffee I can tell you anyway I'm glad your visit is over for you sweetie I bet it's a huge relief for you not to mention your purse.:eek:

I can understand your frustration regarding the cotton bud in your washing machine Kandy just like odd socks where and why do these things come from and go to? Repairs to washing machines are mostly a rip off I mean £90 is a good third of the way to a new machine and since our machine has been repaired it sounds like an earthquake it's just so loud.....never again am I buying a hotpoint!

Marley it must be strange seeing not only your own children grow-up so fast but now your children's children too, I should imagine it makes you feel really old as it does have that affect with me at least regarding our own sons I have to admit calling our 6ft sons our babies does give people a good laugh though.....goodness knows what will happen when and if grandchildren come along!

Enjoy your day Marley and do not worry if you get all emotional after all us ladies are allowed to do that in fact it's one of the bonuses of being of the female gender to be able to cry at will whoever Will is!:D

Going to try and do some more burning over the allotment later on today got to get that other plot cleared and covered soon. Have a nice day guys and girls and may the sun shine down on all of you.Hel.xxx.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning Helen, :D Just had to pop in & say thanks...:D I will find it very emotional I expect.. :D I bet I have such a huge lump in my throat I will be struck dumb...!!!!:rolleyes::D:D
    :D No no no no... They certainly don't make me feel old.....!!:eek: :thumb: They are what keep me young.... after all I'm only 21...!!!! :D:thumb: I am known as the "Nan that can"..!!! My grandkids tell me we do stuff together none of the others do..!! We have great fun, whatever we do overall...;) I am still known to climb the odd tree, jump off the bales in the barn & a ton of other stuff...!!!:D:D As well as being the only one to shoot with one of them, sew with my grand daughter & ride a motorbike with both the boys.... So you see we have something special together..:)

:thumb: I am sure those 6ft babies of yours will be bringing you grand kids one day Hel & enjoy every minute with them.... I do...!!:):thumb::thumb:

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,had a lovely lie in, going to my daughters shortly will have to stop at the garage as i have a slow puncture on the guzzler must get it fixed, the weather here on the coast has been fantastic these past 3 days lovely and warm makes a change from rain and wind, went for a drive and loads of holiday makers our beaches were packed, that certainly was a sight to see.
    everyone have a great day

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Marley hope everything went ok for the leaving service for your Grandson.I bet it doesn't seem five minutes since he was a babe in arms:) At least he will have a nice few weeks off before he starts the new school:thumb:

Helen,the NHS dentists have had a fortune out of me over the years with their drilling filling and pulling out.I expect they will keep filling it until there is no tooth left to fill:eek:
    Hope you have a good time at the allotment today.I am having a break because I have done between three and four hours over at hours three days this week though I think I might have to go over to water tonight.

Rosa,hope you get that slow puncture sorted out and hope you have a nice time at your daughters.Is this the one that lives up in Scotland?:)

This morning I have dusted and polished the inside of the caravan after Mr Kandy hoovered it out last night.I have also cleaned the inside of the fridge,cleaned the top of the oven,wiped over the tolietry stuff in the dressing area so now after Mr Kandy has washed the caravan it can go back under cover until we need it for the Lakes in September.

I have also washed out a load of flower pots and they are on the lawn drying.:D

Mr Kandy has also emailed me from his works saying that an unexploded World War II bomb has been found over the other side of the town centre where he works so I expect that will be on the news tonight.I wonder if they will have to evacuate the town center while it is dealt with:eek:....Happy days

Hope you are all enjoying this nice sunny weather:thumb:

7. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    What blinkin sunny weather...its orrible and damp here. Bah.....:(

However there is always a bright side....my car passed it's MOT this morning so I am dead chuffed. I was a trifle concerned as I have never used this particular one before...but I watched them do the MOT...they went over it with a fine tooth comb, which I much prefer as opposed to a cursory glance that some garages do.

So, weather being what it is, no gardening today. No DIY jobs to do unless I look around to find something....but I'm not, heh,heh. I shall put me feet up today and recover from the stress of the MOT...oh yea...will tax it online later on...saves driving to the post office in town.

Have a good one everybody.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,806
    Tweaky, Congrats on your car passing the MOT :thumb:.

I hear they're bringing in MOTs for us wrinklies as well :D :D.

Remember that when you tax the car online they charge you £2.50 for using your credit card :eek: :)

9. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Didn't realized they charged...that's not very British is it.:eek:

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,806
    It is nowadays :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Tweaky Congratulations on your old banger passing it's MOT:thumb:.

Shiney they have been doing MOT's for you wrinklies for years at our surgery,though Mr Kandy still refuses to have a needle in his arm to get the blood out to check his Cholesterol levels,great baby thinks he is going to pass out again like the last time:rolleyes::eek: I hope he never needs an operation because he will fight them toothe and nail when they come to put the Canala in his vein:D

How did you get on for the measuring up for those leg stockings you need to wear.I was so tired this morning that I forgot to look back at what you had written the other day:o:p

Still hot out there and my weather station says that it is 75f both inside and outside:cool:

PS Shiney,I didn't know they charge £2.50 for renewing the car tax on line.I will have to tell Mr Kandy because that is how he does our car tax.Talk about rip off Britain:(

12. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Old banger indeed...smacked legs coming up.;)

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,806
    Not so hot out there now and it has come over quite dark :D.

See you all later. :thumb:

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Funny that shiney, cause it's a trifle dark here as well.;)

15. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Its quite bright here. Just got back from a 70th birthday party.Might have something to do with all the brandy and cokes Ive had. ;):D 02