Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to all you night owls and everyone when they get up.I expect you are all still in bed asleep,because if you are not you will soon come on here to answer this post:D

O2 hope the party went off ok.Just take it easy and enjoy the weekend.:)

It is just right out there at the moment,nice and fresh with the sun shining.:thumb:

Just off to pod the bag of Broad Beans I picked last night ready for eating fresh or freezing,next it will be cooking the beetroot as well that Mr Kandy pulled up last night.

Have to go grocery shopping as well later so that will be fun.Even I am begining to dislike doing it like Mr Kandy hates it.The caravan should be going back into storage as well at some point today:)

Hope you all have a good day and please don't get burnt:thumb:

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Marley I did have a good giggle when I read your response to my post yesterday as you sound very like Bob's mum age hasn't slowed her down at all and she's 80 next year but she still enjoys riding toddler's bikes and trying on little'uns coats I don't think she is willing to grow-up and neither would I want her too. You have to laugh when our boys are standing near her it's really hard to imagine her wearing their coats now bless her she so small and ever so cute!

02 I'm sure you will have enjoyed yourself sweetie at the party but I do wonder if you will ever remember what went on having all those brandy and cokes...naughty girl!
    I do hope you were not dancing on tables but then again why not it must be fun!:D

Tweaky glad to hear your car past it's MOT I have to admit years ago when I took our mini I had to sit and wait for the job to be done and never again have I gone through that experience it's so worrying wondering if it will pass with flying colours or wondering it the mechanic will tell you that you are better off taking it to the scrap yard...which is just what he did at the time I was gutted!:eek::(

Have a nice weekend guys it looks like it's going to be another good'un!Hel.xxx.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, kandy i went to my daughters that lives in northumberland going up to scotland in 3 weeks time to visit my youngest daughter. i cant believe this fab weather we are having.
    cant wait to go to the highlands take some pics of the highland cows.
    have a great day

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,806
    Good morning everyone,

It was so hot yesterday that I didn't get much done in the garden. So I went to a local garden centre that is rather unusual. They sell bedding plants and shrubs, very cheaply, but most of what they aell are pots, statues and lots of oriental stuff. The things range from terracotta pots that are very cheap at £20 (36" wide and 30" tall) to marble statues that cost a few thousand pounds :eek:. They also sell wooden pagodas and similar buildings for the garden.

Kids love the place because nothing is organised and you keep coming into more 'rooms' with waterfalls, ponds, fish etc. It looks as though someone just offloaded lorry loads of stuff everywhere. I'll have to take a camera next time and post a few photos.

I've been out since just before 6 a.m. getting the gardening done before it gets too hot and shall have to start sorting out a cooked lunch soon for the six people that Mrs shiney is training all day today :thumb::D

Have a great day :D

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Good day everyone, been out with my grandson getting a few last things before he leaves for camp in the morning for a week:D:thumb:

:thumb: Hel, I never think about my age... Not quite as old as Bob's Mum yet though..;);):D:D I just am pretty lucky I suppose that we all get on so well....:thumb::)

:thumb: Have a great day everone whatever you are doing.!

6. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Today by way much diplomatic effort and wifey bribery I managed to drag my hubby out and go visit a private garden not far from here that was having a day of opening to the public. We went, saw the garden and ate homemade cake, bought a plant and, this is the neat part, I won the first prize of the mini raffle, which is LOLOLOL two tickets for the big big big garden show in Bingen. Hubby is crushed, going out for a tiny garden visit in the neighbourhood, and now stuck with visiting the biggest garden show of the state Love these days.[​IMG]

7. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Well done :thumb:...Better buy him a sat nav I reckon:D

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning all my friends Its a truly beautiful day the sun is shing the Sky is blue(their,s a song in their somewhere):D all have a great day and stay safe.:)

9. Anthony

Anthony Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

It's good to see i'm not the only one who wakes up early in the morning at the weekend. I'm not sure why but i've never been one for laying in. It's already a beautiful morning ... a good day for some car booting fun.

Have a great day everyone! :D

Ant.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Anthony and everyone.It is lovley here already this morning and I think it will be another hot day.Thew weather seems to have turned round since we went to Wight:)I am in the process of trying to get my photos onto PB and there are over 1200 of them so have to sort through them:rolleyes::)

Must watch Country File today to see what the forecast is going to be for the coming week.I had a look yesterday at one of the weather sites and it says we are going up to 80f tomorrow.Now that is too hot,well for my skin it is:eek:

Hope you are getting all that gardening done Shiney and all before breakfast:thumb:

Helen,what sort of soil do you have at the allotment?Does it hold the water or is it free draining?

Have a good day everyone in all that you do:)

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb:Morning Woo Anthony & Kandy & everyone,just got back from a lovley long walk... The sun is shining, the sky is blue, It's lovely here, how about you..!! :D It really was lovely, lots of birds singing, :thumb: but not many butterflies 5 Meadow browns, that was it & very few insects in general really..!! Where have they gone this year. There seems to be a distinct lack of them in this area.. Anyone else finding the same this year...??:(

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!:D

12. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,806
    Good morning everyone'

What?!!! :eek: Am I supposed to get a breakfast as well :confused:. I knew I was missing out on something but couldn't work out what it was :D.

Another scorcher today and we're off to a funeral shortly.

Have a great day :D

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Marley,I bet your walk was really nice,especially with the weather getting hotter as the day goes on:rolleyes:We have just been watching the news and see that they are fighting fires out in Greece:eek:

No I havn't see that many butterflies this year in the garden apart from a Brimstone earlier in the year but have plenty of Cabbage Whites flitting about.They never seem to die off:p We had a Comma over at the allotment last week but it was too quick for the camera and I have a few Red Admirals which love my white Buddleias.

It is the Bees I am concerned about.They were talking on the TV last week and said that the loss of the Bees in this country is getting pretty bad.I wish more people in this village would make an effort to plant up their gardens.Most of them just have grass front and back with no trees or flowers which I think is very sad.I am going to put in even more stuff that the Bees,Butterflies and all the other insects love into my garden and I think I might sit down and write an Article for our village newsletter asking everyone to do their bit to save the humble Bee:)

Shiney didn't see you popping up there:D

Hope the funeral goes off ok for you and that you don't get too hot with it.You might need your umbrella just to keep the suns rays off of you and Mrs Shiney.Not very nice things to have to go to at the best of times:rolleyes::(

14. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Well glad it isn't just here then Kandy.. :confused: Well I am & I'm not if you know what I mean..!!!!:rolleyes::D Most odd, maybe due to the cold wet spring then perhaps.. My budlea & Hebes are usaually covered too, with bees & butterflies. Quite allot of Bees but not the usual variation I do have to say.. I listened to a program on the radio about the Bee problem too. I have lots of insect friendlies in my garden, but as you say maybe a few more could too...;):)

15. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Well,what a crap day! My son ruptured his achilles tendon this morning ...a complete break and he is now in Chetenham hospital .Fingers crossed they will operate tomorrow but it's going to be a 12 week repair job wrapped in plaster and housebound!