Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Hi Pal sorry to hear about your sons Achilles tendon wish him a a good
    recovery and please keep us updated.

2. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    welcome back fruitcakes:thumb:.. ive just had 4weeks of pc problems faulty modem that should have been replaced within in a week..but it took 3:mad: then pc went crazy..had to re install everything ..just got back on line hope your all well

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,806
    Pal, I'm really sorry to hear about your sons accident. I hope he recovers quickly. :thumb:

Welcome back, Imp. We have missed you :). See you at the Pop Inn :thumb: :D

4. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    cheers shiney , are you still living in the desert:D

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,806
    Yep! It hasn't changed much. We had a little bit of rain a week or so back but can't remember when :thumb: :)

6. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Good weather here too and even better my son doesn't have to have an op!!! A plaster cast and continual therapy will do the trick:thumb: He'll probably be on the PC for the next 3 months so I may be rather quiet for the duration:(:D

7. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Hi all, made the most of the hottest day we've had this year. Was in the park with our ming at 8.30 this morning before it got to hot. Then lounged about in the garden reading my book for the rest of the day.(Even got myself a suntan. Sorry to here about your son Pal, Hope he'll be on the mend asap.:thumb: No fun being house bound. Welcome back inter, pleased you've got things sorted. Thought you'd abandoned us.:D

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Pal my goodness your son's injury sounds really painful I do wish him a very speedy recovery.

Ste I wondered where you had got to I had thought maybe Mrs.Imp had done away with you for the insurance money because there is a lot of that going around of late!:eek:

I couldn't get on the laptop yesterday as I have started to seize up once again due to the incredibly hot weather as I just can't manage to do any work down on the allotment so due to lack of excise I'm back to my normal grumpy, achy self if it carries on I will have to start getting up at 5am again and work on the plot before the sun gets too hot because I can't be going through all that pain again!:(

Kandy regarding the allotment it's on a slope and water gets logged at the bottom but I think that might improve once it's all done as digging it over will help the drainage.Hel.xxx.

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone.Pal sorry to hear about your son.It does sound terribley nasty.Hope he starts to feel better soon once he has had his op:thumb:

Imp nice to see you back.I thought you were busy doing shift work so hadn't had time to get on here:)

02,mind you don't get yourself burnt lying out in the sun,though me and Mr Kandy did just walking about on holiday the other week:p

Hel,I think you might have over done the digging.Are you going to invest in a rotavator that you were asking me about?

We were like you digging it all by hand every year but 30pole started taking too long so we got the Merrytiller and never looked back.At least I can stand nice and straight whilst doing it with the baby one.Get lots of ash and compost into the soil that will help.:thumb:

Well I must get on lots to do as usual and because I had a restless night I couldn't sleep.Evidently it is going up to 80f today for us:rolleyes::eek:Hope you all have a great day in all that you do :)

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,806
    Good morning everyone,

Helen, I hope you are able to get moving today and avoid seizing up :thumb:.

I don't like this hot weather and tend to laze around quite a lot - which I don't like :( :D

Have a great day :D

11. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    :thumb:morning all, cheers 02 kandy and yorkshires braveheart..sorry to hear about your son pal good news he doesnt need a op :thumb: helen lady imp did try to do the insurance job but she re portesd me missing to early cos the tide was out and i had a two mile walk to the sea with the canoe, the police picked me up on the sand dunes:D:D hope mr kandy is well.. ive just come back from hungry as my nephew has just sighned pro forms for sheff utd at 16 and he has been loaned out to there sister club so all the family are taking it in turns to fly out and see him as he only left school two months ago...

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone, 1st day of school holidays here & my eldest grandson is at camp for a week..! Hope weather is good for them all & they have a great time..!!:D:D

;) Helen I hope your back is a little easier today... I think I would agree with Kandy & you need to get a rotavator..!!;):)

:thumb: Pal I hope your lad is not in too much pain this morning & that all goes well for him.... I think a plaster cast this hot weather must add to the discomfort as well..!!:(

:thumb: Well looking good for today... I hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing..!!

13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Hi Inter good to see you back..:thumb:

:eek::( I have just heard on the news that the pier at Weston -super-Mare has been destroyed by fire... What a shame... Not many of these Victorian & Edwardian matserpeices left now....!
    The Grand Pier at Weston-super-Mare was one of the last of the great seaside piers to be built.
    The pier was opened in 1904 to complement the Somerset resortâ??s Birnbeck Pier and to cope with the huge numbers that would descend on Weston in the summer months.
    It was built not only to provide entertainment for the bucket-and-spade crowds but, initially, as a landing facility for those arriving by steamer.

Now this is it today..!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/7528165.stm

:( Weston has already lost Burnbeck Pier quite a few years ago now, never to be rebuilt..!

I hope this can be rebuilt, it only changed hands 6 months ago, after 50 odd yrs of the same family owning it..!!! There was a shortage of water for the fire fighters because the tide was out!!

:thumb: We have many memories of swimming in the pool on the pier in the 60s & 70s... Shame it still wasn't there they might have had enough water to put the fire out if it was...!!!!!:( I do hope it doesn't spell the end for this one..!!!!:eek::( They were such fantastic pieces of Architecture..!:)

15. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    What a damn shame:( I'm sure there are many many folk with fond memories of Weston super Mud and the Pier that seemed to stretch forever when, as kids ,we raced along it. I had nightmares for years about the beach pool where I slipped on the outer path and was knocked cold!!! But what wonderful day trips we had there by bus with folk from our local village chapels.:)
    Like you Marley,I really hope it's restored:thumb: