Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Morning folks

When I was a lad .........!!!!!! ;) ;)

I always promised myself that I would never say things like that, because that's what the old folks used to say all the time, but I do it more and more nowadays.

(you've never had it so good! I fought the war for you! You don't know your born!.....never understood that one)
    ----------------
    shiney

2. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,823
    I've just come in from watering some of our plants that are looking very poorly. It is drizzling out ther and although I seem to have got quite wet the ground is dry. Come on rain!
    -------------
    shiney

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning windy millar,
    Mine are doing well in pots feed them with miracle grow all purpose feeder weekly they do need a lot of watering as they dry out quickly.
    The white jasmine is growing like mad flowering now last year they flowered later than this, when i go out onto the balcony the smell is lovely .
    I too have a passion flower recently bought it is growing ok but i think it will not do much until next year.
    By next feb/march going to look for bigger pots, seen a couple that i like did not like to buy them now as they would of taken too much space up sitting on the balcony until next year.

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    some of my plants looked a bit be draggled so i just pull them out and get rid as they ruin the look of the ones that are doing well.
    I had some poppies they did not last very long they where lovely when they came out but now well i pulled them out also and have got their seeds. :confused:

5. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rosa,
    do you top-dress your pots at all?
    Shiney - know what you mean about the rain. It's uncomfortably hot here all ready. Had a few spots of rain last night when I was watering -but that was it, a few spots! Not enough to even dampen my clothes :(

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,823
    windy, you must be really pleased and proud that you have finished your patio - well done you!

We've just pulled down two old sheds and are going to make it into an area for sitting and eating - two good hobbies - but nowadays my back is not up to doing some things so we have to get someone in to do them. There were two 40 year old jasmins growing between the sheds that are going to take a lot of digging out. The bases under the sheds (concrete and paving) are totally different levels so we are going to have decking put down - never been really keen on decking so hope it will look OK. We haven't quite worked out exactly what we want but will probably have trellis on two sides and a pergola over the top. Hope to have it finished by Christmas.
    ----------------
    shiney

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi windy millar,
    I have used poultry manure pellets an organic plant food while that reminds me before i water my plants this morning going to pop a few on the top then water in well. bought mine at wilkinsons great big box and cheap.
    shiney it rained here last night looks quite dull at the moment and the sun is popping out between the clouds so at the moment cant tell what sort of day we are going to have here on the coast [​IMG]

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Rosa,I am here,if only for a little while

Kandy

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good morning Kandyfloss,Been here since 5am thats what i get for going to bed early last night [​IMG]

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa.I am sooooo tired this morning,and I was in bed by 10.30 last night.
    It must be old age creeping up.
    I told my hubby that we need cat-naps in the afternoons like his parents used to have ,and like we used to have in Infants school,but as he said his bosses wouldn't think too much of him and his fellow workers if they all put their heads down on the desk ha ha

Kandy

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Nice one kandyfloss, I am not for kat-naps my hubby is of course he is 7 years older than me.
    Iff i have a drink in the afternoons i get very tired and just have to get to bed.
    By the way the beef was delicious with new pots, veg and yorkshire puds, could just eat it all over again :D

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Shiney,
    Yes I'm pleased with my efforts with the patio. It's probably not up to a lot of peoples standards but was done on a very limited budget and all by myself (my Dad did help with concreting the edgings), so I'm feeling slightly smug! Don't envy you digging out those Jasmines though!
    Unfortunately,one of my washing poles snapped in the wind last week, so I've had to change all my previous plans for the rest of the garden. This means that I'll have to change all my recently finished border that it took me soooo long to dig :( But I think my new plan will be better than the old. Just got to remove half a ton of concrete path now :eek: :eek:
    Good morning Kandyfloss [​IMG]

13. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning to Rosa,Windy.Shiney&Kandyfloss hope you are all fit & well this morning

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good Morning Gogs, feeling fit and well thanks [​IMG]

15. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning Gogs,
    I'm well but have a Haagen Daas addiction to blame for my lack of fitness :D Must get ready for work now. Last 2 days in my canteen - cleaning and shipping out equipment to my new shiny, 1st floor canteen, with opening windows :D :cool: No more sweating to death in this heat and 200 new men to verbally abuse. Life just got a whole lot better :D :D