Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,816
    Good morning Kandy, Robert and everyone,

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. We went to the unusual garden centre near us and I will post some pictures of it when I have the time. We bought some large pots, made in Thailand, for the patio and have already filled them with plants. Our friends gave us a hand and Oscar supervised :thumb: :)

Off out today with a group of friends for a walk and pub lunch.

Have a great day :D

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Robert and Shiney:)

Robert we went to one of those continetal traveeling markets when they came to the samll town where we live now and bought what we thought to be different colour Amaryllis bulbs.We rushed home and potted them up and waited weeks for them to grow the flower spikes and to see all the different colours,but was most dissapointed when they turned out to be exactly the same colours:mad:We have never been back to another one since:rolleyes:

The rents do sound an awful lot for these market stalls.No wonder everyone goes out to these retail parks on the edges of the towns because the car parking is free and the shops are all in a long line and not stretched out over several miles:eek:

Shiney looking forward to seeing the piccys of the unusual garden centre.Is that the one that has all the animals and birds or am I thinking of somewhere else?I seem to remember telling us all about it some time ago.:)

We are looking for some nice large pots because I have started growing some more Agapanthus bulbs but we havn't seen any we like at the moment and the ones we have seen are rather pricey:rolleyes:

Enjoy your walk and pub lunch.Mr Kandy wants to go to the lottie today to see if there are any more corgettes and beans to pick and then this afternoon while I am cooking the beef he will want to watch the Grand Prix:rolleyes:Hope the weahter stays nice for you all:thumb:

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, kandy talking about shops closing down its happenning here the rents are too high, we have got that many second hand shops opening and i think the first year they get rent cheaper then rents go up and business,s just cant afford the high rent.
    just started my decorating yesterday the bedroom and spare room then my 2 halls to do and thats all the work finished, it was a lot of mess but it was worth it, the new windows are fab and my new front door we decided to put on is great much better locking system we bought, more secure.
    its lovely and sunny out here this morning, yesterday we had thunder and lashed it down with hail stones and rain, it was that heavy my balcony was soaked that has never happenned before.
    everyone have a lovely day whatever your plans, im wall-papering.

4. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1

I'm a qualified Dispensing Optician so let me know if u need any help. Which Opticians did u go see in the end? I'm not working now but I used to work for an independent in Poole. I can recommend a fantastic Optician for next time. She does my eyes and I won't see anyone else. She's just referred me on to the hospital as I have a swelling behind my left eye and it could be a brain tumour and yes I have got a brain, it was seen in the MRI, big brain it is too.

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone hope you all had a good weekend despite the rain at times.:rolleyes:

It looks nice out there at the moment but will probably go down hill later on.

Went over to the allotment yesterday morning with Mr K and had a good picking session of broad,runner and french beans and then he dug up some more potatoes before they get infested with slugs:eek:Lovely to have so many fresh vegetables with the Sunday dinner:D

Hope you all have a lovely day in everything you do:thumb:

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,745
    Good morning all my friends I do hope that you are all OK,Its a cracking day here Have to take the car for its M.O.T today Might have one myself while I am There:DHave a great day and stay safe.:)

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,816
    Good morning Kandy, woo and everyone,

Kandy, it wasn't the garden centre with all the birds and animals. It is one that sells lots of pots and oriental statues and things for the garden. Apparently, they also supply stuff for film sets.

Woo, good luck with the MOT :thumb:. Just have the car done :). If, like me, you have an MOT as well they might say you are not worth repairing :eek:. That's what they said to me :D.

Little Miss, I hope it isn't too serious. Good luck :thumb: :)

Have a great day :D

8. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Kandyfloss, the market in Northampton used to be really good but seems to be dwindling. It seems rather odd because it is a pretty busy town centre. I wondere if the council have a hand in this as in.......do they want the town's market to close?

not that I eat meat or fish, but I seem to remember a meat and fish market as well. What has happened to that building?

I don't go to Northampton as often as I used to and every time I do go there I'm hurt to see the market shrinking in size.

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,816
    Init, maybe the market has shrunk because other people don't go to Northampton as often as they used to, either!!! :( :)

Markets are having problems all over the country. The major attraction for most markets has always been the fresh fruit and veg and people tend to go and get that at the big supermarkets now. The local councils are just as worried as everyone else about it because they are losing rental income and the area is losing an amenity.

I'm afraid it is, generally, a matter of "if you don't use it you lose it".

10. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning Everyone, a bit later this morning as just been tallying up the Photo Comps..!:D

:( Sadly it seems that most markets are dwindling & allot of shopping centres are losing shops...! Sad to see, but I think it is due to a combination of rents getting higher, but also the huge numbers of people who do not go to the shops anymore & do their shopping over the internet...!!!!!!!:eek::(

:thumb: Well a busy day ahead here.... :thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!!!!

11. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all, I'm not in the best of moods this morning. Woke up this morning to find some idiot has nicked one of my hanging baskets!! Not the end of the world I know, but what with everything else thats going on in my life at the mo I could do without it. Must have happened after 2am. Woke up to find my gates open which unnerved me abit. They must have been very careful coz our Ming never heard a thing, and he can usually hear the poastman coming from about 3 doors down. This is the first time it's happened in the 19 years ive lived here. Probably some p****d up g*t did is as a dare. Will take the Ming out for a walk in a bit, round abouts to see if it has been thrown in someones garden or something, because i doubt they carried it to far as it was big and heavy. the other one will have to come down now coz it looks silly hanging there on it's own.Oh well (sigh) Take care everyone, and have a good day. 02

12. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    sorry 02 but just to let you know it looks stunning outside my front door:D:D boy i would love to catch one of them ******s in the act...i would make him chew it:mad::mad:..just got over my hangover from the wedding on saturday..hope your all well:thumb:

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and gals.

02 I'm so sorry darling some nasty little thief has taken off with one of your hanging baskets fingers crossed that because it's so big and heavy it gives the blooming swines a hernia! Like yourself when the drive gates or even path gate is left open I worry someone has been in our garden goodness knows how I would feel if our house was ever robbed I just shudder to think about that!:eek:

Well I have been grinding my teeth in the night finally up rooted a woobly wisdom tooth (thank goodness) that has been bugging me for some time although I have to try and get into see my dentist today or tomorrow as I have managed to break the cap on one of my front teeth. I can't believe it but has held for 35 years (did it when I was 7) I only hope the dentist can fix another cap and do such a good job so it holds another 35 years or so!

Have a nice day peeps.Hel.xxx.

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,745
    Good morning all my friends Its 3.40am on this lovely Tuesday Morning Gypsy and Penny (Tiny,s away for a few days) are playing ,Penny's been singing and barking all night Bless her:Danyway everyone have a good day and stay safe.:)

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning every one,Woo sounds like the pups have found their voices.:thumb:Our Poppy has just brought a mouse indoors,can't we tell it's harvest time:eek:

O2,sorry to hear about the loss of your hanging basket.We have had a car,mopeds,and even the fairy lights stolen from outside our old bungalow where we used to live.It is OK being insured but it is never the same when your possesssions have been stolen.If my house got violated I would have to move,the same as we had to get rid of the car when that was stolen and recovered.Hope all goes well for you with hunting your basket down.:)

Init,it was the Northampton market that I was talking about.When I lived over there as a growing up youngster we used to visit the town centre everyday for work and shopping but since moving further away we tend to use the town centre where we live though it is a lot smaller.The market there has shrunk as well.It is right though when people can pick their own fruit and veg then they are going to use the supermarkets and I think the rent they are charged is a rip off as well:eek:

Shiney we used to use the local markets when we first got married but found when we got home that the stall holders used to add the damaged fruit and veg into the bags and we never found them until we got home.One raeson why we went for the pick your own supermarket ones,so they only have themselves to blame.:D

Helen sorry to hear about your wisdom tooth,but now you have lost a percentage of your wisdom:D

Hope you all have a good day today:thumb: