Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone, My Woo, you were serenaded last night then, lucky you..!!!:rolleyes::D

:) Helen hope you got your tooth sorted out... Sounds a bit painful..!:eek: Well I have to go down to Bristol today..!!:( Not my favourite place to go..!!:(

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,816
    Good morning everyone,
    Busy day today, so I hope you all have a great day :D

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,02 sorry to hear that one of your hanging basets was taken, maybe put locks on your gates mind iff they want something a lock isnt going to deter them,inter did you get lady imp drunk first he he.
    have a great day all lovely and sunny here this morning

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and gals.

Marley surely Bristol isn't that bad...is it?:eek::D

Well I managed to get in to see the dentist yesterday (thanks to the lovely lady on reception) got a telling off by the dentist who told me that I shouldn't have taken out my wisdom tooth by myself although he was amazed how I managed to get it all out!

The dentist wasn't going to fix my front tooth because of the hole the wisdom tooth left and wanted me to wait 2 weeks I nearly died and said couldn't he just have a go and try and do something needless to say I'm all fixed now and have got my smile back and thankfully don't look too much like a hill billy!:D

Marley it didn't hurt at all I guess I'm kind of lucky I'm not afraid of going to the dentist no matter what there is to be done I just pop on those funny shades, lie back and believe it or not sometimes I fell so relax I can nearly fall asleep.:D

My heart does go out to people like you Kandy who have a fear of the dentist now that must be so horrible just thinking about the dentist never mind going to have some work done by one, I dare bet you are very relieved afterwards although thinking about check ups must be as scary!:eek: Hel.xxx.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Helen the reason I am terrified of the dentist is because when I was a kid we were for some unknown reason sent off to the school dentist as they were called and if I had a filling it was without being numbed first:eek:

Then I got a dentist who used gas and even that was torture so changed dentists with one I was comfortable with.I then got the idea that I didn't like injections in my front top gums because they were the most painful so stopped going completely:rolleyes:

Then one time I had an abcess come up on a tooth and the whole right side of my face was so swollen I looked worse than a hampster with food stored in it's cheek.Our factory nurse sent me to the nearest dentist which happened to be the one that used to use gas when I was younger.He decided that the tooth had to come out and stuck an injection in my gum,then sent me back to the waiting room.No sooner had I sat down I was called back into the torture chamber.The dentist proceded to extract the tooth with me gripping the arms of the chair until my knuckles were white.He then stopped and said it was up to me the tooth either came out or stayed in my mouth so I had to put up with the pain of it all.:eek:

When I got back to work everyone was horrified that I hadn't been given a prescription for antibiotics to take the swelling down first.:(

Ever since that day,although I know it is my best interests whenever I go if I have to have any teeth drilled and filled I am on the couch visably shaking from head to foot and in my head I have to keep telling myself it will soon be over and I shall soon be pain free and back home to get me through it.:)

I do hope that your teeth soon settle down and i wish I had your confidence:thumb:

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Grimtastic Kandy, can well understand your feelings towards them. Im a bit nervy but i've never had any problems with my teeth whatsoever which i only recently learned is pretty rare. But had a bit of an ache so had to find a new dentist in my new area, as i've been naught and not been seen for about 4 years. My bad! No NHS registery for dental places in Exeter so had to go private, so went to the local one, and would you believe, an old friend of mine is working there and i'm now registered with him! Will hopefully calm my nerves.

I made it into church on Sunday and town yesterday to do a bit of shopping all by myself, i'm very proud. I did have an attack at the church before going in as i had to go in a lift which disagreed with me while i was feeling wibbly, but i was okay in the end. And town yesterday was alright, just sort of managed it with practicing advice from the behaviour therapy person for controlling thought direction and feeling as if you're 'hiding'. I happily made it around town for 2 hours, picked up an outfit for this weekend and a few birthday gifts for the girls and made it home and passed out. Was weak onthe bus back but the neighbours 15 year old daughter was also on it and helped me home bless her.

As my best friends live so far away we try to all meet up a few times a year at various places/homes [bar Sacha obviously being in Bermuda!] and i've missed the last 3 and i miss them all terribly. So we decided i would have to just bite the bullet and try. As Darren is working he can't take me up there so would have to get the train plus a change at Reading as i'm going to Egham. So i really felt i needed practice at going out solo again without freaking out and managing my weaknesses as this weekends going to be interesting, but i cant let this condition take control and lose contact with my friends.

We're spending the majority of it in but we decided we'd go out as i've not been out properly in a very long while and it is 2 of their birthdays, so i'm trying to be brave, dress up and go with them. Hopefully i'll relax after a drink and will feel safe with them. Also Karlys brother has offered to drop us off and pick us up so theres no risk of open travel and its secure for me - bless them! I always thought i'd be holding them back if i went along to these gatherings but they're going all out to help me as i'm feeling brave enough to have a go. I feel blessed!

This will all be good for me, even if i do 'lose it' in the end. I'm mostly petrified of the train change and if i get lost or panic or miss it something. I dont like the idea of being stuck in a carriage for 3 hours but at least i can sink my head back and read or something for those times, though i panic about getting off at the right station... going to stop now as i'm panicing myself!

Anyway, despite the grim weather i hope everyone has a day of rainbows. Off to make some pasta for dinner for Darren and I and all the litle mouths too! Their treat today :D

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Kandy I know where you are coming from regarding numbing the gums before 'work' can be done to your teeth, I have 'jumped' many a time in the chair thankfully it has never had any adverse effect on me and my goodness these new thumbing injections work straight away don't they? no waiting unlike the 20 minutes or so you had to wait to be proper numb like the bad old days!:(

Whiley I just can't imagine how you are effected about going out never having suffered from anything like that myself in fact if there's a crowd of people be they youths or just generally 'normal' people I never walk around them I head straight through them much to Bob's horror!:eek: Well done girl you'll get to where you want to be although it might take time...you'll get there in the end sweetie.:thumb:

Got to get everything ready for the Lan weekend with Harry (again) his mixed group has been seeded 20 so he's quite pleased. Dan's workmates have asked 'Can he have a party' oh no Bob's none too keen because Dan's a real messy soul at the best of times I can well imagine his workmates are just the same too! What can a mum do?:confused:
    We will have to wait and see if he has a wild party (Dan doesn't need to drink to be crazy) or a quite dinner party with just a couple of mates...one can always keep our fingers crossed but me thinks that they will get burnt!:D Hel.xxx.

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,816
    Good morning everybody,

Whiley, you're doing great and I'm sure that you will have a really good time with your friends :thumb: :)

Well, shiney country seems to have come back to the UK and we had a lovely day of rain yesterday. I've a feeling that today will be nice and sunny although it isn't showing yet.

Have a great day everyone :D

9. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone, Whiley good to hear you are trying a weekend away.. You will do just fine I am sure..... I suffered from panic attacks for a few years after something devastating happened to me.. I battled trough them & now am pretty OK... I found deep breathing helped allot & to distract yourself as much as possible from it...!;):) Grab a porter when you have to do your change at Reading, I have always found them to be really helpful... Specially if you have a walking stick..!!!;):D Go for it girl, you will have a wonderful time..!! Just have your phone with you on the train & give Darren a call now & then...!;) Enjoy yourself..!

:thumb: Kandy glad you survived the dentist..!;)
    :( Playing hospitals today for results..!

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!

10. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys, it sounds silly but even the slightest encouragement is worth mountains to me! And the fact i have here to blog my 'yay i did it!'s is priceless. I imagine i'll be getting off the train and grabbing the nearest man in a flourescent jacket :D And shant feel ashamed for it either. Its that or i cause a scene and the first option is easier on them in my opinion.

Today is rat room moving day, we've decided to bring the rat cages out of their purpose built outhouse and bringing them inside to the spare room so i can spend time in there with them when i'm too weak to stand, as there was no room out in the outhouse and it was getting full of spiders - yech! So in come the aviary and cages and also eventually a futon for me to lie on in there while they're playing :D Shall take photos of the progress. Its going to be exhausting but worthwhle.

Marley, hearts with you today at the hospital <3

Helz a quiet dinner party with mates? Your lads? Unless they're also in the Calculus Club you've got no such chance!!

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,745
    Morning everyone Whiley keep on in there:)Helen Enjoy the Party:)
    :)Marley Good luck for today at the Hospital:)Shiny gave a great day:)And everyone stay safe:thumb::)

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,745
    Good morning all Hope everyone is ok ,what a night severe Thunderstorms torrential rain You could never get complacent with our Weather could you:) Anyway everyone have a lovely day and stay safe:)

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Good Morning Woo & everyone.. My goodness Woo no wonder you are up so early today..!! Nope, no thunderstorms here although it would be really nice... Lucky you..!! :thumb: They might clear the air, very muggy & sticky old night here & still very mild & muggy & very overcast..!!!:(

:thumb: Hospital went OK Woo, thanks very much... ;):thumb: I hope everyone else is doing good too...
    :thumb: Grandchildren later this morning...Yea..!!!:D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing..!

14. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Morning all.
    Loads of rain here in Yorkshire overnight. And a bit of flooding in York yesterday.
    It is summer after all!
    No plans for today. Im sure something will turn up.
    Have a good one folks.
    Robert

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo,Marley and everyone.Hope you are all well or as well as can be expected:thumb:

Woo,no thunderstorms for us up here in the North though we did have a couple of rumbles a couple of weeks ago:rolleyes::D

Marley glad to hear everything went off ok at the hospital and hope that the results were what you wished for:thumb:Enjoy your day with your Grandchildren.I am off at lunchtime to see my very good friend Rita whom I have been friends with for twenty years and we will have some lunch together and a natter as she is going away for a weeks holiday on Saturday.Hope the weather stays fine for her and her family:)

Shiney,two questions....Can you tell me the best time to split my rhubarb as it didn't do much good this year and at 27 years old it might be better off being split.I tried looking on the edible thread but cannot sit at the computer for too long so couldn't find the thread on it.Also we have arm thingy's coming from our Butternut Squash.Do we let them go all over the place or do you just have one leader so to speak?This is the first time we have grown them and we saw lat night when we went to pick the beans thta there is a main shoot and then some more coming from the sides.Any advice would be a great help,ta...:thumb:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)