Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Robert didn't see you pop up there.Hope you also have a good day:thumb:

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Thanks for the well wishes Kandy, could have been better but Ican live with it..!!:rolleyes::) I leave the side shoots on my butternuts Kandy as in my experience that is where I have had fruits...:thumb: But Shiney will no best I am sure...:thumb::D

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Marley sorry that everything wasn't 100% good for you.I wish I had a magic wand to be able to wave it amd make everyones life perfect:)

Thanks for the Butternut Squash advice,I didn't realise that you grew them,only I remember that Shiney had a thread up in Edible Gardening with photos and all that.I will let Mr Kandy know:thumb:

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Good luck at the hospital today Marley here's praying you hear some good news sweetie.

Robert just a little light rain in the night lovely for the garden nothing too heavy and thank goodness for that as we are only a village away from Ulley Dam and we don't want the floods like last year I can tell you.

Still got to pack the case for our little Lan hop Harry takes longer just to pack all his computer stuff up than the time it takes me to pack for all three of us. His Lan box (portable computer) isn't ready to go this time so he has to take his monster tower with him and boy is that thing heavy!:eek:

Take care guys and please be naughty while I'm away after all it's far better to be naughty than good isn't it?:D Hel.xxx.

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb::D I grow all sorts of veg Kandy... These last two years I haven't had a plot as I gave my huge old one up after about 30yrs of growing..!!!!:D:D Last year I grew at my SinLs place, but he is in process of moving into the farmhouse at the mo. So he is going to clear a piece of ground up there for me to grow up there. He helped me for years on my old plot. We feel it would be better up there on his ground now as there is 5 of them & 2 of us & he can do more of the work that way.... :thumb: Suits me down to the ground..! It will only be a 1/4 of a mile away, so will be able to cycle as the tools will all be there...!:D So for the moment I have things tucked here & there around the garden, greenhouse & in pots...!!!:D After all, you've got to grow something to eat...!!!!:thumb:

6. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Sorry Hel, didn't see you there...:D The hospital was OK thanks.. I just have to live with it.. Not life threatening if managed properly & I don't really feel poorly from it.. It is weird..!! Bit like me..!!!:D:D

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all , your not weird mf just a bit mad :D:D hope your ok seems like a lot of g.c members spending a lot of time down at the hosi. happy packing hel sounds like a lot of stuff to pack..spent all day at hosi ysterday for the 3rd week on the trot as lady imp has had her final injections in her wrist and she even peeling spuds and baking cookies again..yum yum:D:D she even counts how many she makes dont think she trusts me:thumb:

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,820
    Good morning everyone :thumb:

another nice day today.

Marley, I'm pleased you have things under control :).

I'm off to the hospital today to be measured for my stockings :o. Imp, I might get fishnets to match yours :D :D :D

Hi Kandy, I suggest that you split half of your rhubarb this year and that you do it late autumn after the leaves have died down. The first year after splitting you should not really pull any of it in order to let it settle down. In two years time, assuming that it is doing OK, then split the other half. :thumb:

You should leave all the side shoots of the butternut squash and you are likely to get at least one or two squash on each shoot. If you find that the shoots are running too far you can stop them but it would be better to let them carry on growing as you may get more squash. If it reaches the edge of your lottie you can always put up some canes or netting for the shoots to climb up. They are quite happy to climb but you need to make sure that whatever they are climbing is strong enough to take the weight. Our squash are climbing the toms and beans at the moment. :)

Have a great day :D

9. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all, sorry to hear its not all sparkley Marley, looks like you've got a good attitude towards it though, better than i could handle :D

We didn't manage to get all of the cage moving and rebuilding done yesterday, theres more that goes into it than you'd imagine given the cages were built inside the last room, and are far too big to get out of the door! So we're taking everything appart, scrubbing it as its not had a thorough soak properly since setting it up and i want everything weefree in their new room indoors.

So girls are in and set up, now time to get the laddos in :D Making all the difference to me!

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all ..kandy helen walnut and woo must all still be asleep....they getting lazy them lot:D

11. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
  12. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    :Dthey must have overslept 02

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,746
    Here i am inter:thumb::D morning everyone i do hope that you are all ok its FRIDAY the 8/8/08 everyone have a great day and stay safe,Hospital day today :thumb::)

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Morning all.

Sky overcast and dull here...looks like it's gonna be one of those days. Have a good one folks. Don't forget to take a flask and sarnies to the hosi Woo:thumb:

Got a garden gate to put up today...built the thing already, so now its just drilling the garage wall to erect it and put the fittings on. Oh yea, and staining it to match the rest of the house woodwork....but I don't think today will be the day to do that.:)

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    [​IMG]

Good morning everyone and it is nice to see a few more people posting on here this time of the morning.:p

Woo,Good Luck with the hospital:thumb:

Shiney,are we going to get a photo of the fishnets?:D

Imp,if you look back over the page I had posted early in the morning and it was you and 02 that had posted late yesterday evening:rolleyes::D

Shiney and Marley,thanks for the advice re Rhubarb and Squash.I have passed the info onto Mr Kandy and he said Thank You very much:thumb:

Tweaky if you start now on that gate you should have if finished by breakfast time,and try not to pulll the garage down in the process;):D

Does anyone know how long the Olympics are going on for?,because I thought it was two weeks but Mr Kandy thinks it is on for just a week:confused:

Well,I hope you all have a good day in all that you do:)