Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Morning all.
    Happy birthday Kandy.
    Save us a piece of cake.
    Not raining here in York yet. But I can see its one its way.
    I was going to venture out to the Large model display show which is local to me today, but I reckon it will be best to give it a miss.
    Not much to do in the garden today. all looking a bit bedragled after all the rain.
    My veg plot is growing fungi?
    Have a good one.
    Robert

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,821
    Robert, you can come and help me in my garden if you are having gardening withdrawal symptoms :thumb: :D

3. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Afternoon everyone, and Happy Birthday Kandy, hope you have a lovely day.

[​IMG]

4. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    [​IMG]

Kandy.:thumb:

Afternoon peeps. Was a late morning so I have only just got on the puter...weather awful. Been up to the garage shop for supplies and just about to get the tea on..corned beef hash.

Have a good one everybody.:thumb::D

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,747
    Morning all Yes its Sunday Morning The Sun is,nt up yet but the way its raining it must be in the shower:D Have a really lovely Sunday and stay safe everyone,today I am going to my friends Nursery to give them a helping hand thats after I have had my full English Breakfast when we (Gypsy) return from our walk,Tiny,s away and Penny can,t go out yet until she has had her second injection and then we have to wait another 10 days ,I suppose this is all necessary for her safety:)

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone and I would just like to say a big Thankyou for all my Birthday messages:thumb:

I had lots of cards and prezzies which was very nice.:cool: We went out for a little drive yesterday afternoon and popped into a GC because it was a bad day weather wise,so will hopefully have a better day out next weekend depending on the weather.:)

The bulbs have just been put out so will soon be time to buy some more for the garden.

We will probably put on our wellies and drive to the lottie this morning to see what needs picking after all this rain.The ground is saturated but at least the sun is shining:D

Hope you all have a lovely day with plenty of sun but not too much rain:)

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,821
    Good morning woo, Kandy and everyone :thumb:

It looks set for a good day today. Woo and Kandy, I hope you have good weather for your time at the garden centres and, Kandy don't let the mud build up to much on your wellies :D

We went to get some more patio pots yesterday so shall plant them up this morning. This afternoon we are of to my sister who is having about 18 cousins round. :thumb: :) :)

Have a great day :D

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney you must have sneaked in there while I was making my mug of tea:D

We havn't been to the lottie since Thursday evening so no doubt the courgettes will be like marrows:eek:

We are looking for some nice heavy pots Shiney but there doesn't seem to be many nice ones out our way.I bought two nice Arrum Lillies{Zantedeschia} for £1 each in a sale at the garden centre the other week and I also have the purple version that us in flower so think they will look good in pots.I will have to keep looking me thinks:D

PS Shiney Google Berrier hill and see the wind farm that they want to build at the foot of Blencathra

I do hope your sister has got a big house with 18 cousins visiting:eek: It sounds like my mums house used to be when we were all together but there was slightly more of us;):)

Hope you have a good day anyway:thumb:

PS Shiney have a Google of Berrier Hill and see the wind farm they want to build at the foot of Blencathra:eek:

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,821
    Hi Kandy, when I get around to showing the piccys from the garden centre we went to you will see loads of pots :thumb: :D

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks Shiney.We do have some nice heavy pots but they are already filled with my Agapanthus and the Hosta I rescued from the developers but would like some more.The only worry I have with pots is that they are more for the neighbours to water when we go away on holiday:rolleyes::p

Looking forward to seeing yours:thumb:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning, kandy, shiney, woo and all, kandy pleased you had a nice birthday and best waiting to go out when the weather is nice.
    its been raining here then sunny dont think it knows what it wants to do lets hope its nice in 2 weeks time when i visit the highlands, cant wait.
    back to wallpapering trying to get it finished.
    hubby has got some great pics of whales on my sony camera cant wait to see them.
    have a great day all

12. takemore02withit

Ratings:
    +40
    Well I'll be bu****ed!!!!:eek::eek::eek:................ Went to let our Ming out for a wee this morning, and went round to the front to make sure the gate was closed. Guess what i found on the driveway??????? Only my hanging basket someone nicked last weekend. Looking a bit droopy and bone dry, with a bit of tlc I'm sure I can bring it back. Im sure I will never get to know its adventures. But I'm made up,:D:D:D even though they should never have taken it in the first place..................Sorry, morning all, in my excitment I forgot to wish you all a good morning.:rolleyes: Hope you all have a special Sunday.:thumb: 02

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,821
    At least they could have hung it up for you!!!!! :D :D :D :D

14. takemore02withit

Ratings:
    +40
    I reckon it was dumped in someones garden Shiney, and they brought it back. Unless the drunk who nicked it had a conscience once he was sobber.:D 02

15. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Afternoon all.

Just watching the footy in the Pop Inn. Lovely and sunny here, but the wind is a trifle cold...bet its bracing on the prom in Aber. No red tomatoes on my outdoor bushes yet...plenty of green one's, mind you from what I have read around the forum seems like it's that kind of year for a lot of folks. Never mind eh.....trouble is I don't like green tomato chutney:confused:

Look who has won Britains first Gold Medal. A little lass from [​IMG]

Nicole Cooke claimed Britain's first gold medal of the Beijing Olympics by winning a thrilling women's road race.

Well done Nicole:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Have a rest of a nice day everyone...Lunch now being served you know where;)