Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    We put some 2' high trellis on our front wall with more roses climbing it, hoping to keep the school kids from climbing on the wall, quite often have to refix part of it where the P##sheads try to pull it off. Doesn't help that we live on a corner and they often stop yacking for ages before going their separate ways.
    Trouble is if you try and do anything you get your windows smashed in or worse.

Bring back the birch, my grandfather used to administer it as a prison warder back in the 1920s he said nobody came back for seconds!!

2. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I took a chance and went out to paint the garden fance this morning I only got to do 1 panel. Its not stopped raining here for 2 days and its not just drizzle it nissing it down.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Another new day has dawned and at the moment the sun is shining and everywhere is dry which is good sign:thumb:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,821
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

It was a good day yesterday. We had brilliant sunshine and met loads of my cousins at my sister's house :thumb: :D

The sun is now shining brightly and I shall get out there and do lots of weeding.

Have a great day :D

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Glad to be back I don't want to knock the Midlands but there really is [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kandy so sorry I missed your birthday sweetie I do truly hope you had a really lovely day.[​IMG]

Lots of catching up to do not only on here but in the gardens as well, good job we didn't go away for too long as Dan has already managed to kill most of our seedlings in the greenhouse!:eek::D Hel.xxx.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,certainly like those red shoes helen ha ha, going out to water all my climbers on my balcony, nice and sunny out there and its still nice and warm.
    have a great day

7. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Not very nice here, rain and wind. Hospital visits this afternoon...all appointed though, nothing serious...but it does mean we will have to go out in the flippin weather.

8. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow this thread is big :) Hopefully watching the Dark Knight tonight :D

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,747
    Good morning everyone when you awake to this new day i hope you are all ok,got to go to the vets today with Penny to get her second Injection,be glad when I can take her out,everyone have a good day and please stay safe.:)

10. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning Woo, Hope all goes well at the vets. You should have some fun getting Penny used to her lead.:D One good thing about having a dog, it certainly gets you out of the house. You'll have all the passerbys going all gooey over her I'm sure. Happy walkies!!! :thumb: 02

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,747
    Morning 02 yes it will be nice to take her outside.:)

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo, O2,and everyone.:)

Woo good luck with the vets,and Penny will soon be enjoying all those outdoor smells,sights and sounds:thumb:

Well we have rain here again today so my waterbutt is going to be full to overflowing.In fact it is lashing it down at the present time and i have had to put the light on as it is so dark.Will have to get the candles out soon what with all the fuel prices rocketing.I was shocked when Mr Kandy said how much our bills are each year.I shall be back to work soon I think:rolleyes:

Helen,which part of the Midlands did you visit while you were away?

Rosa nice to see you back on here:thumb:

Tweaky hope the Hosi visit went ok yesterday:)

Shiney,hope you have got rain today so you can give the garden a rest for once.I did a little bit of ours yesterday but soon had to pack it in when I developed a pain in the neck:rolleyes:

Hope you all have a good day.I have loads of ironing to catch up with so am going to do a bit and then leave the rest for another day.:)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and guys.

I do hope little Penny is a brave girl at the vets today Woo I just hate to see animals terrified of going to those places my m-i-l's old dog use to be so scared to go and always relieved himself on the surgery walls!:eek: I just didn't know where to look the time Bob and I took him.:o

Kandy it was bang at the side of Nuneaton where we were staying while Harry (our youngest) was playing at the gaming party at Stoneleigh Park, next time Bob wants to try the Travelodge at Leaming Spa on the Parade, now that looks a real nice and clean place.

We went to Birmingham a couple of months ago and there were so many different races of people which was nice but not this time it turns out only the brave dare mix with the white minority which is simply appalling!:eek: I'm not in no hurry to return that's for sure!

Managed to do some work down on the allotment yesterday and thank goodness I did as it's been pounding down throughout the night and is still doing so now.Hel.xxxx.

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,821
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, so it's your fault we have got the rain :D. I don't mind but you could have warned me and I would have picked the beans before it started. I've just been out there, in the pouring rain, picking them because I have ten orders for today :eek: :thumb:.

I had a lovely big bonfire yesterday evening as the wind was blowing away from the field at the back - they haven't harvested yet. The flames were 20ft high and it was lucky I hosed down the apple trees beforehand. I've got someone coming in on Thursday to finish cutting all the hedges. He does all the bits that I can't get to or haven't the right equipment for. He should manage it in a day and a half and, as he gets paid for two days work, I have a load of heavy or awkward jobs for him. :D

Have a great day :D

15. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +49,228
    Morning all,

Shiney: Being nosey, do you grow so many beans on purpose for charity? How many runner beans do you grow (I mean in terms of rows)? I seem to half remember you grew lots of different varieties but can't find that post.

Have a good un everyone!