Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, woo hope little penny is fine after vets visit bet you cant wait to take her out, shes a little sweetheart dont blame mrs woo for keeping her.
    shiney you seem very busy its nice having someone in to do the hard parts.
    kandy i have been popping in and out doing my comps pics, pleased the decorating is getting there been on 11 weeks from start of all this.
    have a great day

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone, My broad band has been down for a few days as the wind brought my lines down at the weekend..!:eek: Fixed I hope now though & quicker than They said..!! :thumb: Yea..!!!:D

:thumb: I hope you are all well & busy as usual..!!:thumb::D Hope the vets goes OK Woo..:thumb:

:) Must dash as loads of emails to answer, will catch up with you all later....

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,821
    John, I have about 120 plants. I do grow them on purpose for the charity. There are always people wanting tasty, fresh, homegrown, stringless beans. Apart from friends wanting them I have lots of people at the bridge clubs I play at that order them every week. I sell them for £1 per bag and that is approx 1.25lbs - usually about half the price the supermarkets sell them at :thumb:. This year has been particularly good because of no early frost, so my early planting section was giving me beans at the beginning of July. The bean fund has already nearly reached £150 :D.

4. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +49,228
    Sterling effort shiney :thumb:. Which is your favourite variety for taste?

5. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey lovelies, i'm back from my weekend away. I had a wonderful time and i really proved to myself what i am capable of. The train journey was quite distressing, i had to bring some rats with me as one is poorly and needed medicine which Darren wasn't confident giving her, i was turfed off the train for overloading when i didn't have a designated seat ticket, me, plus a carrier of rats, 2 bags and walking stick - funfun. Then when they managed to get a whole group of football yobs off, they found me on the platform having a panic attack, helped me through it and put me back in first class. Was very very delayed but got there eventually.
    Really tested myself as there were also plans to go out for a few hours for a dance, it took a lot first of all to get me out of the car, then into a club, but we found a cheesy club, a small little uncrowded one and i relaxed after being in there a little while, and had a good time. I paid for it the next day on my body, but it was worth it. Had a lovely time with my girls, i cooked a roast on the saturday and the trip home was a great deal smoother.

Not sure when i'll next brave it, but i feel good about what i did manage.

Photographic evidence! Who has seen pics or can guess which one is me? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus braving Sainsburys to pick up foods [good grief they're big. I forgot how big grocery stores were after ordering online for so long!] And i didn't know they had unstepped escalators! Was very exciting - they're so you can useyour trolleys too i think.

[​IMG]

Hope everyone has been well. Take care all.

6. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Well done Sarah, How you even contemplated that journey I dont know Girl :thumb: But you done it, if id been on my own and had your experience id have Cried my eyes out, :rolleyes: WELL DONE HUN (clap smiley)..Love Dee...
    PS hope you dont mind me saying, Your the Best looking out of all of you :cool: X

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    welcome back and hello girls:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,821
    Imp, I can see that you have fallen for Whiley again!!!! :D :D

Well done Whiley :thumb:

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,821
    I think that Armstrong and White Lady are the best with Polestar running a fairly close second. :thumb:

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    yep i remember whiley your the one in the pink top with both hands in the air dancin...:D:D

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Well done Whiley your journey sounded like a total nightmare but you battled on and won the day and enjoyed yourself in the end by the look of your pictures and your friends did too.

Nobody would mistake which one you are sweetie I mean your smile always brightens up many a picture more like a poster for dental work if you ask me and your smile is nearly as cheesy as mine!:D

Well Bob and manage to sow some more seeds yesterday I'm thinking of putting some barb wire round them to keep Dan at bay I mean that guy is just lethal to seedlings I'm sure he's a double agent for the slugs because between them both they sure know how to wipe out the plants!:eek::D.

Have a nice day people no matter what the weather is like.Hel.xxx.

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,821
    Good morning Helen and everybody,

Mrs shiney captured dozens of slugs last night when they came out to see the rainbow :D. Does anyone want to give them a good home?

I'm going out in the garden soon to do more weeding (and pick beans :)).

Have a great day :D

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone, Well done Whiley..!! :thumb::D So glad you enjoyed your weekend.. Traveling may not have been the best but at least you had a good time when you were there...:thumb: Now you know you can do it.. It is a treat just around the corner for another time..!!:thumb::D I agree with Hel... We know which one you are & I have to say you do look like you are having a good time..!!!:D

:thumb: Anyway, have a good day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!

14. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I always throw slugs and snails over the wall into the road so they can play with the traffic. Those that survive the pellets that is.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,821
    Our road isn't busy enough. They would be back in the garden before a vehicle came along! :( :D