Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,515
    Morning Kandy,

Just guess at the length and add a couple of inches. Men do that all the time :D :D

Aimee is coming to stay in a couple of week's time but will have to go to a dog minder friend of ours when we go to the Lakes. I don't think Oscar will approve. Aimee barks at him from the french doors whenever he comes near :eek:

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney.Mr Kandy finally found the tape measure which I knew he would but was too lazy to look for it:rolleyes::D

I make these two 13" and that is without adding any more on:pGlad to say though Mr Kandy has never needed to exagerate about the size of things:eek::D

Glad to hear that Amy is fine.:thumb: Anyway here are my long beans.....
    [​IMG]

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Hi Kandy, I expect they were at Half Moon Bay then.. There is a Dolphon experience there... If I was with kids I would go for that as well, but as there aren't any we are going to go & swim with these in the wild, so to speak.. We will not be the first to do it, but not very many people bother as they have to hire a boat & guide.... ;):thumb: We are lucky & don't have to..!! I spent a whole afternoon at the Hummingbird place it was just fantastic..!!! Birds all around you.. Feeding from your hands..!!! Oh wow it was fantastic..! It is not a big commercial place, just a small ordinary house & garden where a special lady lived until her death. It is now owned by her son & run by the same workers who were always with her...

:thumb: This is the kind of experience you have.. A bird in the hand almost..!!

[​IMG]
    Jamaica's national bird.. Red-billed Streamertail Hummingbird
    Scientific name: Trochilus polytmus

You would love it Kandy.. !!They perch on your finger & drink the sugar water.. They live wild in the garden as do 96% of Jamaicas bird species.. So many birds it is a fantastic experience & most carry on as if you aren't there. She trained the hummingbirds over the years to feed fron the bottles. The air is full of the thrumming & humming of their wings.. They dive bomb each other at times as well for the bottles it is something to see.. Of coursee their are bird feeders all around the place the birds are always busy.. I took this phot holding cameras in one hand \7 bottle in the other, but I have loads of fantastic photos of OH, House & myself, plus some video.. Quite an experience I can tell you..!!:thumb::D

:thumb: Your currency is based on the Jamaican doller out there so it is very cheap really..!! Sadly the Jamaican doller is almost worthless, but a beautiful currency. We use both..:thumb:

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Bob's hospital trip was yet another eye opener turns out he's got to go and have a camera down his neck (again) as the doctors are convince his acid reflux is due to his kidney disease, Bob's far from being a happy camper I can tell you he told the doctor point blank 'No I'm not having that! so I said to the doctor go ahead and make the appointment he'll attend strangely the doctor smiled and gave me a knowing look as if to say 'I know whoes boss in that household':D

Kandy sweetie I'm really pleased you are proud of being 'common' because I am too and I feel people tend to open up to you and accept you more if you are that way and life is so much better if you can be yourself I just really pity those that are unable to do that life for them must be such a chore.

Whiley sounds like you are going to be able to put your artistic nature to good use and I'm sure both you and your mum will have a lovely time together, kids no matter what ages they are are wonderful to have around more so if they really get into the spirit of play and it allows us adults to be able to drop all our reserves and join in the fun as well.....I mean who wants to grow up? No me!:D

Marley what an amazing experence that must be to bottle feed a hummingbird Wow!
    Have a nice day peeps.Hel.xxx.

5. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Really like the bird, Marley. It looks really cool :)

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys! Yeah somewhat trooping on trying to get the banners done, am semi enjoying it, but my brain doesnt do measurements and back to fronts, etc, plus not sure how much material i have left to get this many banners done! Anyway, i've got 3 half done, half done as in cut out and tagged together and just needs stitching and touching up, so the sewing machine and ppaints come out in a moment!

Aaah i'm envious of the trip to Jamaica, i would so love to go out there! Love that hummingbird photo!

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,677
    Good morning all my friends Its Saturday another wonderful day to look forward to Gypsy is waiting to go for her walk ,Tinys away on holiday
    and I am going to take Penny out later when its lighter for her first walk
    You all have a great day and please stay safe.:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,515
    Good morning woo and everybody,

I'm sure Penny is going to love her walk :thumb: :). Will you take her and Gypsy out together?

Whiley, it sounds as though you are getting on OK with your banners :thumb:.

Marley, that's a lovely photo of the hummingbird :D. We used to feed the hummingbirds with sugar water which they really loved. A couple of times I tried fooling them by using dissolved artificial sweeteners instead but they ignored those feeders but did drink from the feeder that had the natural herbal sweetener made from stevia leaves.

Today looks set fair for a sunny day and I shall try and mow all the lawns this morning. Whilst I'm mowing I shall work out what to feed our guests that are coming for dinner tonight and those that are coming for dinner tomorrow night. I find that mowing is a good time for working things out. I'll also prepare my shopping list, in my head :D, as I go along.

Have a great day everyone :D

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, great marley what an experience feeding a hummingbird, woo lovely pics of your babies penny looks verey well protected with gypsy.
    our sky has packed in even the tv sky is off have to make a call to a local sky company to come out.
    lovely and sunny here this morning, well 1 week to go and im off to the highlands
    have a great dat everyone

10. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Woo & everybody.. Hope you enjoyed your walk & you enjoy your puppy walk later..:thumb: Charley & I are just about ready to set off on ours...:)

:thumb: Hel hope Bob is feeling good for the weekend..:)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning rosa & shiney, just missed you.. It was a brilliant afternoon spent feeding the hummingbirds.. I just loved the place & all the different birds... They use local sugar dissolved there shiney.. The thrum in the air of their tiny wings is incredible..!!!:thumb::D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning marley we must of posted the same time, those hummingbirds do they make a lot of noise, have a great day

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone:)

Didn't wake up until 7.30 this morning so must have needed the sleep.Just been upstairs to have a shower because we are off to Stratford-On{Upon?}-Avon today because we were stuck in the house neary all day last Saturday when it was my birthday so we are going to have a nice day over there:)

Helen I do hope that Bob gets better really soon,it must be such a worry for you.Keep your chin up:thumb:

Woo,hope you enjoyed your walk with Gypsy and Tiny.Looks like a nice day for it:thumb:

Marley,I would love those Hummingbirds the same as I would love the riding of the horses in the waves,but unless I win either the lottery or the pools a destination like that is a distant dream.Glad you enjoy yourself while over there though:thumb:

Shiney good luck with the entertaining,rather you than me.I would be quivering ike a nervous wreck at the thought of it,especially with this horrid electric cooker that the builders fitted and which keeps drying out all my food:eek:Enjoy the shopping and mowing.Iwill think of you when I am in Lakeland;):D

Rosa,sorry to hear that your skye is on the blink.We have lost channel three and four on Freeview and for some unknown reason can't get them back even though r Kandy has had a twiddle with it.

Well I had better go and dry my hair and finish eating my breakfast,oh and by the way it is N'pton's ballon festival this weekend.Saw lots of the small ones last night and got some good picckies,not sure what will happen today,it depends on the weather this teatime.:rolleyes:

Hope you all have a lovely day in everything that you do:thumb::)

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Thanx Marley/Kandy ;)

Woo Penny is such a sweetie I bet she captures many a person's heart although you will have to watch out otherwise some one might just take a fancy to her and steal her away so it's a good job she has the stunning Gypsy to watch over her and keep her safe.:)

Kandy I do hope it stays nice for your day trip out today with Mr.K today remember to remind him when he takes a lady out he has got to find a really nice place for her to rest her bum and for her to enjoy a good cup of tea and maybe a cream cake....yum, yum.

Shiney with all the entertaining you do are you going to open a restaurant? I wonder what kind of chief you would be like? surely not Gordon Ramsey!:eek:

Well Bob has been out chatting the ladies up (and I thought I was the flirty one!) so to make amends he's done me a flower border at the allotment, I think I'll forgive him just this once.:D
    Have a lovely weekend people and may the sun shine down on you all. Hel.xxx.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,515
    Kandy and Helen,
    No, I'm not a Gordon Ramsey :eek:. I was a very nice and friendly boss ;) and am still very friendly with everyone who worked for me :thumb:. One of my hobbies has always been cooking so I don't have any trouble with the entertaining bit :). I'm also friendly with a lot of chefs and we work together quite a lot.

Mrs shiney and I enjoy entertaining people and we seem to have people round for food at least twice a week - which doesn't help my cholesterol levels :(.

Off to do the mowing now :thumb: