Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Hiya all, Hel hope bobs feeling better, Mr 02 got a touch of the pmt's.;) Weather dull here. Feel as though i should make a tape recording to save repeating myself.:D

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,well it'a another wet one today with the rain lashing down,so the pests will have a field day noshing all my plants:eek:

Went to Stratford Upon Avon yesterday for my belated birthday day out.Had a great time with only the odd spot of rain.Most of the time we were walking round without even a coat on which was pleasant.:)

Was going to have a nice ride on the boats like we did for my 50th but they wanted £25 for an hour which is we seem to remember double the price of two years ago so we went to the butterfly farm instead and spent a nice 1 1/2 hours in there instead which was most enjoyable although we were sweating buckets:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We then had a nice lunch before heading to the shops for a quick look round.Bought a few bits from the Lakeland shop before heading back to the car.Drove then to Anne Hathaways cottage and spent a long time walking round the house garden and orchard.Drove home shattered but happy that we had a really nice day out:)
    [​IMG]

Hope you all had a good day as well and hope that you have a good one today:thumb:

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone, those pics are lovely kandy nice colour butterfly brightens up this miserable rainy weather and the cottage is lovely, pleased you enjoyed your belated birthday, i will be spending my birthday morning driving to dundee.
    raining here this morning, have a great day everyone

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,515
    Good morning Kandy, rosa and everyone,

Kandy, those are nice, cheerful and colourful photos :thumb:. I'm pleased you had a good day and that the weather was good to you :)

rosa, I hope the weather stays good for your birthday on Friday :thumb:

Yesterday's dinner for friends went well and we have more coming today. I was going to go to a garden centre this morning but it is raining now. At least I won't have to put the sprinkler on the veggies, which I had planned to do before going out.

Have a great day :D

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,677
    Good morning Kandy,Rosa and Shiney and everyone ,Have a great Sunday and Please stay safe:) PS Lovely Photos Kandy:thumb::)

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney and woo and all, thanks shiney im hoping the weather is nice in scotland cos they have had a lot of rain lately these past few weeks, going to take my wellies for trampling in the fields he he.
    well away out today with family having a few beers at the local so not making sunday dinner till tommorow. have a great day

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney,Woo and Rosa,glad you liked the piccy's.We took lots of photos of the butterflies,insects and lizard type critters,though at times it was difficult to get good photos because they were behind glass:eek::D

Woo,hope you are taking things easy and getting your strength back to full health:thumb:

Shiney glad you enjoyed the entertaining,I would be exhausted after doing that lot and wouldn't be able to enjoy the meal though if you have done it for years you probably take it in your stride:thumb::D

Rosa,I am sure you will enjoy the Highlands hope the weather improves but you can never tell with Scotland:thumb:.It will be nice as well for your birthday next week:)

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Thanx 02. I do hope your beloved is a little better mood wise today sometimes men (sorry guys) can be right grumpy I much prefer Happy or Doc myself although sometimes I thing Dopey is soo very cute too!:D

Kandy boy that was a price increase for the boats that's just plain shocking but I'm glad you find a nice place to go and I know what you mean about those butterfly houses the humidity in them is something else! Love the photo of Anne Hathaway's house I have a Lilliput Lane model of her house and gardens very pretty sadly I don't collect them anymore but can not part with them as most of them are gifts from Bob and the children so they are all wrapped up ready to go up in the loft.

Not sure what we are going to be upto today but both the boys are home so that's a lovely change I will get to cook for all the family the first time in a very long time.Have a smashing Sunday guys.Hel.xxxx.

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,515
    Kandy, it is just a matter of getting used to it. I've been doing paperwork this morning, just had lunch, will go out and do some gardening and then Mrs shiney and I shall go for a walk. Then I shall start to think of preparing dinner for our friends tonight :thumb: :D

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone:)

We have heavy rain outside again this morning but at least it has washed the cars:D

Shiney I hate doing paperwork as well though I did get round to updating and rewriting my Xmas card list last week.Now all I need is the cards to appear in the shops so I can buy them and get them written out.:thumb:

My idea of entertaining would be a quick trip to the chippy;):p:D

Helen,Mr Kandy thought the price rise for the little putt putt boats was because of the price of fuel going up:eek: We ddn't want one of the rowing boats because it would have killed me rowing it with my neck and shoulder problem:eek:

When we went past a few hours later the price banner had been removed and there was just the one with the prices of the rowing boats so I think they realised no one was going out in them.It would work out cheap if there was six in the boat but not for two:rolleyes:

O2,hope hubby got over his pmt's not very pleasant.Thankfully I don't suffre with them anymore,just aching body instead:( Definetley coming back as a man next time:rolleyes::D

11. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,098
    :) That is a lovely pic. of Anne Hatherways cottage Kandy.

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning all, well here we are at the start of another week... My they just fly by these days..!!!!:D

:thumb: Love your photos Kandy, butterflies look gorgeous..!! Looking at Anne Hathaway's Cottage takes me back... Haven't been there for about 30yrs..!!!!:D:D Still looks pretty much the same, except for a fresh coat of paint perhaps..!!!;) Lovely to see it again..!:thumb:

:thumb: Hope you are all well & that Bob is feeling a bit better this week Hel... Woo see you are out & about early as usual, hope your week is a good one too, still you have those puppy walks to keep you on your toes..!!;):D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, roders, marley and everyone, a bit miserable out there but still nice and warm, sattelite guys coming out today as the whole lot has gone off apparently the dish needs re=alighned it must of been knocked when the guys did the windows.
    have a great day all

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Shocking I know but I have only just managed to drag myself out of bed I do hope I'm not becoming lazy! The flu has done the rounds on all of the guys this pass week and poor old Bob has not been lucky as he has become very chesty but thankfully it's not knocked him off his feet.

We had a lovely dinner yesterday I made Dan's favourite gammon and my goodness it was a pleasure to have all three of my 'boys' at the dinner table although I do wish it would happen more, I just don't know what I'm going to do when the time comes for my two 'little' babies to fly the nest.:confused:

Well it's raining out and it doesn't look good so I think todays going to be ironing day!Hel.xxx.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,515
    Good morning everyone,

Another day of meetings (just finished one) with, I hope, a little spare time to finish yesterday's mowing. One of my meetings today is being held at the pub at lunchtime so I reckon I'll have a tough time keeping them under control :D.

It's great to be retired with nothing to do :eek: :D :D