Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    How is everyone? Another rainy day here and I'm very tired too!

2. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all, looks like the early risers are slowing down:D
    hope your all ok..[​IMG] well the rain is coming down in buckets:mad: really thought of getting a lotty but is it worth it in the kind of weather we have had over the last two years it must be so much hard work:thumb: kandy did you hear any more about the grub shop being robbed...helen how is the pain in the bum..and shiney you must have had enough rain by now:eek:

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,677
    Good morning Everyone another great day in front of us to enjoy,all have a good day and stay safe.:)

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning all.Another windy night through the night and it is raining so another misreable summer we have had.:(Because the weathr has changed again there are not as many bees pollinating our runner beans so though we are picking some every few days there are not as many as there usually is for thisime of the year:eek:

Imp,no more news on the break in.The forensics were on the scene that morning so until they get any more info from what they found nothing will be said.:rolleyes:

Roders,I can't find the thread with the photos on of Annes Cottage that we took last year when we went there because I want to compare the plants to see if they stick to the same planting scheme each year.:)

Well thats me done for the time being.Must get on with preparing the veg we picked last night for eating and freezing.:)

Hope you all ahve a good day and that the weather is kind to you:thumb:

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,515
    Good morning Imp, woo, Kandy and everybody,

It's another sunny morning but the wind is picking up.

Imp, we're still having to do some watering of the pot plants each day and occasionally putting the sprinkler on the beans, courgettes and squash, and some of the grass is looking very dry.

Kandy, we are still very fortunate with our runner beans :thumb:. They are always covered in bees so they are doing very well - but I have to be careful when I'm picking them :eek: :D. It's the local horticultural show today so Mrs shiney is entering a load of things in it. I picked 6lb of runner beans yesterday and we had great trouble in finding six of them that are suitable for entry.

Have a great day :D

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Ste (cheater), Woo, Kandy, Shiney and all.

Ste about getting an allotment don't 'think' about it just do it because the chances of getting one straight away are very slim indeed as there just might be a waiting list and in some cases outside our village it's a 10 year wait for one!

When we got our first allotment there were quite a few spare on our site now there isn't in fact the committee guys are now sending out letters to people who have paid their fees but not worked their plots for a while because more and more people are asking for a plot.

The rainy weather isn't great for allotment keepers nor home gardeners for that matter and I'm starting to suffer once again thankfully sitting on a dinning chair gives me some relief so although I'm a weeble again I am at least able to peruse through catalogues etc. to see what we should or could have a go at next year.

Bees lol Shiney the plot holder next to us has 6 or 8 hives he doesn't work his plot but he sure does look after his bees no wonder as it's a small fortune he makes off them, bit scary though because since taking on the other plot nearer the bees they have swarmed already on the 'new' plot.:eek:
    Hope you all have a nice day no matter what you're upto.Hel.xxx.

7. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Good Morning everyone.. :eek: What a horrible morning again..!!! Wet 'n Windy..!! Again..!!:( If this weather keeps up, all the allotments will be swamped round here..!:eek:

:( So fed up with this dreary old weather.. I feel so sorry for those people on their holidays... Stuck in tents & caravans... Must be so miserable...!!!:(

:thumb: Oh well, keep warm & dry everyone & have a good day whatever you may be doing..!!

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney Helen and Marley:)

Shiney our plots are rather exposed so get all the wind hitting them an because of all the wet weather we keep having and it turning cold they stop flying:rolleyes:

I am starting to havepeople asking me to sell then any spare vegetables we might have but I wouldn't know what to charge.I already have loads of jars of beetroot I have cooked, prepared and pickled:D

Helen sounds a bit frightening with those bees swarming.:eek:

Marley the rain isn't a problem for us campers asthere is always indoor stuff we can do instead.It is the Hurricanes and Tornadoes we have to watch out for,not to mention the sharks and jelly fish;):D

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,515
    Kandy, when I sell veggies and fruit for my charity I charge about half the price that the supermarkets charge - or just a little bit more. They know they are getting a bargain and are very happy to pay it. They say that they would be happy to pay more but I make things easy for myself by charging £1 for everything and putting enough in the bag to fit the price. I give them just over 1lb of beans for £1 and I have orders for over 25lbs every week and sell what is left on a casual basis. I have just got two orders for 10lb each next week as those people want to freeze them. :)

10. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all, The workmen have just arrived, into our third week now. new bathroom, kitchen,light fittings radiators,plug sockets and fire place being fitted. Everything in boxes and cant find anything when you want it. Cant even escape into the garden to get away from it as its done nothing but rain all summer. Oh well only another 2 weeks to go if all goes well. Its like living on a building site,dust everywhere. Bit of a nightmare if the truth be known.:(
    Good luck with your runner beans in the show Shiney.:thumb:
    Hope everyone has a lovely day,take care. 02

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, raining here to never stopped for 2 days, still warm though, shudder to think what it will be like in the highlands just hope its nice for going there at the weekend, got my wellies and camera at the ready.
    have a great day

12. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Still raining here too. But it's the evening now so not too bad :)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Woke up some time ago feeling a bit achy but hoping to go back to bed for another try in the meantime I have done some ironing and now enjoying a nice cuppa.:thumb:

02 sounds like a right nightmare hope it all goes well I can well imagine all the dust and mess you have to put up with I hope it's all worth it in the end.

Bob brought some peas from the supermarket yesterday thinking that they would taste as nice as the ones from the allotment oh my goodness did we have a shock they don't taste anywhere near as nice as the ones off the plots dry and as hard as rock, needness to say were are so please we have next year to look forward to yummy yum.

The other day I ran out of potatoes didn't realise until all the veg was on so I told Bob to pop over to Ray's plot and dig me up a basket of tatties (darling Ray as told us many times to just help ourselves what a sweetie he is) anyway our freebie basket ended up costing us a new tyre as Bob picked up a really nasty thorn in one he wouldn't have minded but he only put four brand new tyres on the other month...oh dear!:eek:

Bob has been busy 'collecting' wood like mad for the allotment he went out yesterday to put on a new tyre and came back as happy as a little kid with a car load of wood I helped him unload and he was off again, the wood is from a car racing firm and I'm not too sure who was the happiest Bob or the guys to see all the wood go!:D

Well I hope you all had a good night sleep I'm just going to have a little look round then it's off back to bed.Hel.xxx.

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Helen & everyone.. A pleasant morning here this morning..!! Taking my grandchildren shopping today to get the last few things for school..!! Money, money ,money...!:D But hey, you can't take it with you , so might as well spend it ow..!!!:D

:thumb: Hope Bob can use all this wood Helen..!:thumb:

:thumb:Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,515
    Good morning everyone,

It's dry and mild here and I shall get some gardening in before I go for my 11 a.m. six-monthly check-up at the dentist. Then we are out for lunch :thumb: :D.

Mrs shiney came back from the show with a 2nd for our orchid and a 2nd for one of her paintings :thumb: but nothing for our runner beans :( - so we ate them :)!

Have a great day :D