Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning Hel, Marley, Shiney and all. Well done!! to Mrs Shiney,:thumb: She must be well chuffed.

Hope the shopping trip goes well with the grandchildren Marley, hope youv'e got a fat wallet as you'll need it.;):D

Hel Pleased the wood cheered up bob after his tire mishap, poor love. Hope your aches and pains improve as the day wears on and that you managed to get a few more hours kip hun.

Wishing you all a pleasant day. 02

2. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Morning :D

Well done Mrs shiney :thumb:

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,well done mrs shiney, wether is not very nice keeps raining never mind do hope its nice for the weekend and hope i get some great pics in scotland.
    have a great day

4. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning, another gloomy day outside, woo! :D

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,677
    Good morning all my friends I trust that you are ok and rested,just off for our walk now Gypsy loves the rain and I like it to,Penny will stay with mrs Woo as the raindrops are nearly as big as she Is:DYou all have a lovely day and stay safe:)

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone:)

Had a sleepless night last night due to Willow bringing a mouse up to the bedroom and me having to get up five times to chase himdown the stairs.I shut the door in the end then had to listen to him crying with the mouse in his mouth and him jumping up to try and press the door handle down to get in. Ended up letting him in and then had to listen to him crunching on the bones as he ate it:eek:

Shiney glad to hear that Mrs Shiney got 2nd for her painting but sorry that your beans didn't come anywhere:rolleyes:Hope your dentist appoint,ment was less painful on the pocket than mine was the other week:D

Marley hope your shopping trip didn't damage your purse too much:D

Helen and Rosa,hope the tyres got sorted.Living on a building site we are always picking up nails and the like,no joke when you have to keep paying out to have them repaired:rolleyes:

Well I timed it right yesterday whenI popped over to the allotment to pick some beans and plums because I hadn't been home long when it started raining and then it kept on all night long:eek:

Hope you all have a good day in everything that you do:thumb:

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Marley I wonder if your grandchildren are ready to get back to school? Sometimes the summer holidays seem to so drag on for the kids and even those that are none too keen on school can't wait to get back through the school gates and see all their friends!:D

Shiney well done to your good lady coming 2nd never mind about the beans there's always next year.

Thanx 02 I did manage to have an extra hour goodness knows what's waking me up so far this week I seem to be up around about the same time maybe it's the neighbour's boyfriend going to work as they do seem to slam the their side door something rotten. Lol about the tyre Bob had a good laugh with Ray (when he told him about it) I'm surprised Bob could laugh about it because at the time he was pretty peed off I can tell you nothing seems to bother Bob much these days thank goodness something happens and in no time at all he's over it and we can enjoy a good laugh at our misfortunes.....I mean life is way to short to be grumpy isn't it?;)

Hope you and the lovely Gypsy have a nice walk in the rain Woo not sure how Gyspy will smell though after her walk..... el de wet dog!:D

Rosa not looking good for the weekend sweetie but I'm sure you will enjoy your time away no matter what the weather is like.

Kandy don't know how you cope with your mouse crunching Willow you would have thought he would have offered his mummy the mouse first!:eek:
    Not looking good out maybe it's another ironing day in store for me, have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,515
    Good morning everybody,

It looks as though we may have had a little drizzle in the night and it is dull and cloudy at the moment but getting brighter. The forecast for the weekend is nice and sunny.

Mrs shiney thanks you all for the congrats. :thumb: :)

I reckon that the beans I picked yesterday would have won first prize but that's the way the cookie crumbles :D

I had no problems at the dentist yesterday and it only cost £16 :thumb: :)

rosa, have a good time in Scotland and don't forget your passport :D

woo, I hope you and Gypsy enjoyed your walk :)

Kandy, yesterday Oscar proudly brought me a greenfinch he had caught - but as he isn't allowed in the house I didn't have to listen, or watch, him eating it :eek:. Couldn't you have put Willow outside and locked the cat flap? :D

Helen, you can do our ironing as well if you like! :D :thumb:

Have a great day :D

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy, helen and everyone.
    the tyre on the car got done just a puncture so it didnt break the bank, like the sky dish we had to buy as it was finished, didnt get another one from sky as they give you re-conditioned ones like the last one that only last for 3 months.
    well cant believe mr rosa and myself been married 9 years today, not doing much today as we are off to scotland tommorow celebrating my birthday in dundee with my daughter and her o/h.
    weather seems better today nice and sunny
    have a great day

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney we posted the same time, yes cant wait for tommorow got my camera ready and my passport he he

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning all, rosa, have a great time & have fun with your camera..!!:)

:( Have to take my eldest grandson out shopping again today as I didn't get him a coat yesterday, so we have to go somewhere else today..!!!:rolleyes::D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!!

12. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,515
    Marley, going shopping again must be such a drag :D

13. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The sun has decided to visit for a while, hoping to get out and enjoy some reading in it after work!

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Morning Everyone.

Gonna be a nice day today....got nothing to do....so will have to do bills and paperwork..yuk.

De-fleed all the cats a few hours ago (again), so I can stop scratching later today hopefully. Going to have a lovely curry tonight, so I am in the process of sweating the chopped onions in Virgin Olive Oil and soon everything will go in the slow cooker...on a low setting...so will be able to give it a good 12 hours and then heat it through again for tea time...about 20:00 this evening....served with basmati rice of course...

If you don't own a slow cooker, then put it at the top of your list for your next kitchen purchase...worth their weight in gold I'll tell thee. If you wish to know the best one to purchase, just let me know. Come in very handy at Christmas as well.

Right, must get back in the kitchen and add some herbs to the onions afore I chuck the diced steak and mushrooms and peppers and tomato's into the pot. Plus my secret curry recipe of course. Not forgetting the yogurt to finish off with.

Have a lovely day everyone.:thumb:

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    MorningTweaky and everyone:)

Tweaky,we have a slow cooker,and in the winter months especially gets used quiet a lot for doing my stew and dumplings in:thumb:It takes time preparing the meat and vegetables to go in it but once it is all on the go it does it's own thing.Ours is a Russell Hobbs one and has automatic controls so it does it's own thing.I keep meaning to cook our chickens in it but will have to look in the instruction book as I am not surewhether you cook them dry or with fluids.

The beauty of it as well it is cheap to run.We have an electric cooker which I hate because it takes ages to get to temperature,dries up all the food,and satys hot for ages aftewards and costs a small fortune to run:eek:

I here a lot of people have got those Ramoska's and find them pretty useful as well.

Our best piece of kit we have bought is our Panasonic breadmaker.Once the bread prices hit £1.19 a loaf for the Granary bread we bought ours.It is used twice a week and is fantastic:thumb:

Enjoy your curry tonight.I will have to send Mr Kandy round as he likes that sort of food:eek:

Hope everyone has a good day.It is raining here so no gardening for me today:rolleyes::D