Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope everyone has a good weekend, it was nice and sunny here!

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,677
    Good Morning everyone hope you all have a great day and all stay safe.:)

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone:)

Tweaky,Nut and Shiney this is the gadget we have been lent to monitor power usage.It is called an Energy Usage Monitor and it tells you how many units you are using per item through the day.I don't understand them much myslef but they are suppossed to help people see just what units of power they are using so that they can make adjustments to their output and to see what it is costing to run the appliances.That Electric Cooker will have to go:D
    [​IMG]

Helen you are like me with the milk.I love Cravendale because of the longevity of it.Read your allotment story,some people.:rolleyes: nothing worse than getting smoked out:eek:

Rosa,£900 for flights:eek: I expect that is the price you pay to find the sun,just think of all the clothes you could buy with that lot:p:D

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, yet another busy day dawns.. Have the builder coming in today to do a couple of small jobs for me...:thumb:

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing.!

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,514
    Good morning everybody :thumb:,

As usual, I have another busy day ahead :).

Kandy, does that picture you took of the Monitor just show what your cooker is using :confused:. That is nearly £700 per year :eek:. I do lots of cooking on my gas cooker and it doesn't cost anything like that amount!

Marley, I hope you don't have too much disruption with the builders in. :)

Have a great day :D

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, very dull and windy out there this morning, o/h going to travel agents this morning to check out the flights to thailand see iff he can get them any cheaper than £900 kandy, lets hope so.
    kandy that monitor usage dont quite understand it myself, is it for gas and electricity looks like your paying £57 per month for something, everyone will be paying more than ever now gives us very little extra to spend on other things.
    have a great day all

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney we posted same time have a great day

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,514
    Morning rosa,

Are those flight prices because you are wanting to fly from Newcastle?

You can get return flights to Bangkok from Gatwick or Heathrow for half that price :thumb: and even BA or Quantas do them for about £600.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Marely hope all goes smoothly with the builder nothing worst than dust and mess so I do hope he/she is a tidy soul.;)

Kandy with the Cravendale we are naughty we buy the full on blue capped stuff so creamy but oh so nice, our baby boy loves the stuff lol 'baby boy' he's just turned 20! :D

No matter what energy you are using Kandy it will still be a shock how much you use. I'm afraid if we all had one of those Energy Usage Monitors it would just be no good we wouldn't use anything I mean I can still remember how the electricity dial use to wiz round every time the kettle was switched on .... now that was scary!:eek:

Rosa good luck with finding a good deal on your flight.;)

Looking good today I wonder what we will be getting upto? Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, yes they were from newcastle i guess we could go from london but we would still have to add on another £200 for travelling, i will check out the websites, thanks

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen we posted together, how are you doing, will let you know when we find a good deal on flights, pb is working now just done my dundee pics.

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney, Marely, Helen and Rosa:)

Shiney we used according to Mr K 277KW of power over approx.three weeks.That is for the usage of ALL electrical appliances not just the cooker.{Hobb is Gas main oven Electric,what the builders put in}

I go off over to the allotments most days if the weather is good and very rarely watch day time TV.I am going to give up with the Sunday roasts and will use the Microwave and my slow cooker more often than just the winter.I will become a MSE if it kills me:thumb:

Helen I buy the green top Cravendale as it is semi skimmed so I am being good.Going on Friday for my Yearly Cholesterol and Glucose check up.Just hope it is ok:eek:

Marley,Good Luck with the butlders,all that dust:eek: My sister has a Rayburn as opposed to an Aga,not sure what the difference is unless it is what they are run on:confused:

Rosa,can't help you there with the flight prices as we never fly anywhere so never need to find the best bargain for flights.We are going away but it will be down the South West and not abroad:rolleyes::D

Rosa,can you direct me to you photos of the Hairy Cows,as I can't see where you have put them for looking...Ta:thumb::D

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,514
    rosa, try sites like Airline Network :)

Kandy, don't give up your Sunday roast :eek: :eek:

14. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    afternoon everyone, working day is nearly over. Hope everyone had a good day :)

15. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Late again...so I will just say Hi to everyone...still dull here..have been a house husband this morning...I'm knackered now. Time for one of these I feel. [​IMG]