Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,well it is nearly the weekend and at the moment it is dry outside.:thumb:Mr Kandy was saying last night that the forecast is good for the weekend back up to heatwave mode so we shall see:rolleyes::D

Shiney,I have just been looking at the photo inside the instruction manual and it is identical to the one I took the photo of on the monitor.I think that what happens is that when you disconnect it from the meter those figures which I think are a guide in the book to show you what everything should look like when the gadget is turned on.Sorry for any confusion:o

Anyway,must get back to me pickling.Hope you all have a great day whether it be in the home,garden,office or lottie:thumb::)

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning Kandy and all my other friends I do hope that you are all OK and are looking forward to this new day of ours,everyone stay safe and enjoy your day:thumb::)

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Woo & Kandy & everyone, what a grey old morning..!!! Kandy your fingers must be sore from doing all those onions...!!! ;) Yummy in a few months though & you will have forgotten those sore fingers by then..!!!!!:D

:thumb: Woo, hard as it is sometimes, I do enjoy my days.... Although I do wonder about life sometimes..!! I just wish the sun would shine more...!!!! I feel like I am getting S.A.D. some days with all this dreary weather...!!!:rolleyes::D:D COME ON SUN..!!!! I hope it does pick up for the weekend..!!!!:D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!!!

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,511
    Good morning Kandy, woo, Marley and everybody :)

I'm off to the final meeting on the the benefits fraud case I've been dealing with for the last 18 months. I think we have finally reached the correct outcome :thumb:.

Aimee arrives here this evening for the first part of her holiday but she will have to go to a dog minder when we go off to the Lakes. I don't think Oscar is going to be very pleased about her being here :eek: :D.

Have a great day :D

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys late again bit of a rough night body wants to start having the pills at 5-6am again but brain doesn't want to start getting up at that time again whats a girl to do?:confused:

Rosa I'm fine really sweetie and thanx for asking bit achy but I think that's down to the damp weather we have been having more than anything else, hows the flight shopping going?

Shiney benefit fraud case that sounds a little scary.:eek:

Kandy you have been a busy bee thankfully not the stinging kind :D theres loads of stuff harvesting down on the allotments although not ours yet unless you count the radish! The guys have warmth to Bob and now when he pops over to the lottie shop he returns with a carrier bag of veg....well I do hope they are giving him the stuff because surely he has learned his lesson by now scrumping doesn't pay!:D

Body just starting to wake up I think it's going to be a working day for us as the weather seems nice maybe get the gammon on while I'm outside in the garden now that sounds really nice doesn't it? Have a lovely day guys.Hel.xxx.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning to my dear friends, helen no luck with flights my hubby went to travel agents yesterday got one for £730 not bad then he met a friend that deals with a agent in travel he reckons he can get them cheaper just waiting to hear from him, iff so we can get them booked as we are going 5th december.
    have a great day everyone

7. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Did everyone have a nice lunch today? Minus the infamous porridge? :D

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,511

Helen, it is exactly because they are scary that I sit in. I help people who are under investigation for benefit fraud by 'holding their hand' and making sure that they are not intimidated.

Contrary to what some people think, there are quite a few people out there who make genuine mistakes and are terrified by what appears to be a heavy hand coming down on them.

One case I handled was when a man was being interviewed quite aggresively for not declaring a small pension that he was receiving. He said that he couldn't remember anything about the pension. I put my foot down at their aggresive manner and pointed out, that if they looked at their records, they would see that the money had gone into an account but none had ever been taken out. I also pointed out that, if they checked their records, they would see that 25 years ago he had been knocked down by a car and had a metal plate in his head. The medical records, which they had, stated that his memory had been affected by the accident. They dropped the case!

The current one is much more complicated but they dealt very sympathetically with the situation and were even very nice when giving an official caution (naughty, naughty, please don't do it again :)).

9. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Early evening all. Hope everyone's aches and pains are easing off. Nowt happening here, so no news.:(

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    A very good morning to you all it looks like being another lovely day,we are just going out for our early morning constitutional, Tiny.s away so it will be just Gypsy ,Penny and myself,
    allthough I have to carry Penny most of the way:D You all have a lovely day and please stay safe.:)
    [​IMG]

11. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Blinkin Ink, your up early...I haven't gone to bed yet...Penny looks beautiful....how old is she?

How can you tell what the weather is going to be like, cause its still proper dark here. No chance in taking Wally for a walk at this time...he is in his bed snoring away and will be for another 4 hours or so, heh,heh.

Supposed to be nice here today, but better on Saturday. We shall have to wait and see.

Anyway Woo...I'm oft to bed...catch ya later..have a good day.:thumb:

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    She's gorgeous Woo.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Oh Woo she is just a darling..!!!:D
    :thumb: Good Morning everyone, well as I have said in the weather thread I am on storm watch today.!
    :eek::( I am worried about Hurricane Gustav..!! Jamaica is on Hurricane alert. Gustav is now 45 miles off Kingston & is traveling along the south side of the island..!! Our boat is in "safe harbour" now with all the other boats & fishing boats... But that is not infallible..! Barbara & Micheal have Boarded up the cottage & made safe as they can & have done the same to their homes. They will take shelter in a brick built house close to their homes.. :( I just pray & hope that everyone will be safe & the storm might drop south a bit more, but I don't think so. Our friends who live on the top of Cave Mountain have packed their house up & have moved into their own specially built storm shelter up there already as the winds are high up there already... Now that is a lonely one..! This is not as big as Ivan or Katrina of course, but Hanna is close behind & gathering speed, they don't know her path yet:eek: Haiti & Dominican took a real pasting from it.. Now all we can do is wait until it has passed... I shall try & phone Barbara in a while, hopefully will be able to get through.!! Ah well, that's where my thoughts will be today..!:(

:) I hope you all have a good & safe day everyone..!!

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,511
    Good morning everyone,

woo, Penny is lovely :thumb:. Can't you fit little skates to her feet? :D

Marley, I hope everyone on the island is safe :)

I've got friends coming for lunch and lawns to mow first.

Have a great day :D

15. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi everyone

Just a brief note to say a warmest of thank-yous to the kind hearts who have sent me PMs recently. I promise I'll be getting back to you all but I've been away and not using the internet for a while.

Just didn't want ANY of you thinking I was not bothering. Your messages are really important and gratefully received. I hope you know that.

Special love to Mr and Mrs Shiney and my lovely friend WOO - you all know why.

Anyway - all you GC members - I hope the summer has given you some cheer, whatever the weather, and that your gardens are all thriving and your veg burgeoning!

I could start a whole new section on weeds, all by myself! Afraid my garden has dropped down the list of priorities somewhat..but will be remedied, in time.

Dorset Mike - thank you for the Brownsea Island thing... sorry, not in best of health to come along... but wish you a fantastic day of excellent birding.

GlenW - You have excelled in the Peregrine challenge - your photos are wonderful... as always.

Everyone, have a great weekend ahead of gardening and treasure your GC friends - they are smashers! :o

PS WOO Penny has to be THE most pretty JRT I have ever seen and that lovely tail....[​IMG]