Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,511
    Hi Cookie,

Mrs shiney says hello and we hope to see you back on here, regularly, soon :thumb: :)

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Michael.

Please give Hannah a kiss from me and tell her I will write back to her kind message very soon, when I'm feeling brave enough!

Kath x

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Guys and girls.

Shiney you must feel like the people's champion being there to make sure everything is done right in those cases. I'm sure there are far more 'naughty' people than there is genuine cases though....or am wrong? How do they find the right ones to slap their wrists? It must truely be a mine field!:eek:

Woo I have to agree with the others Penny is very cute indeed I dare bet she keeps both you and Mrs.Woo on your toes I can just imagine her trying to ride a skate-board!:D

Marley all those hurricanes over in Jamaica and here we worried about if it's going to rain.. shame on us!:o I do hope all the island folk and their homes ride the hurricane well and come through it all safely.

Cookie here I thought you had gone awol, I'm really pleased to see you on here sweetie take things nice and easy darling don't over do things and remember we are all more than willing to help cheer you up.;)

Crazy Friday so lots to do although I think Bob may well have to drag me out kicking and screaming today....'what a world, what a world I'm melting' Wicked witch of the West signing off!:D Hel.xxx.

4. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It's Friday, happy weekend everyone!

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning all my friends. Its lovely to see you back Cookie:thumb::)Marley hope all is well in Jamaica:) Shiney I,ve tried the skates but I can,t keep up with Penny:D :thumb: Penny says thank you for all for your kind words:) Now you all have a great weekend and please stay safe:)

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone:).Nice to see you back Cookie,I thought you were on your hols so wasn't too worried.Hope you are feeling better soon.:thumb:People come and go all the time on here and go off and join other forums so I expect they can't be in three places at once so I never get too concerned about peeps...

Had to go to the Dr's yesterday morning for my yearly blood tests and they took four phile fulls:eek:Mr Kandy had an appointment as well because his tummy has sounded like a distillery for the last few months and the noise has been really loud to the extent I thought we had a ghost:DAnyway,the Dr examined him then mentioned blood tests.He point blanky refused and then explained why he didn't want one {He passed out once}The Dr informed him that there might come a time later in life when he does have to have more blood tests:rolleyes: They are going to get some of that Anestetic cream that they use for children so when he goes back next Wednesday with his poo sample they will extract the blood by fair means or foul:D Talk about being a baby.He should have been born a woman,what with everything we have to go through in life,though I have never experienced having a baby but from what I have been told it isn't a pleasant experience especially if they have an epidural:eek: so I think men have got off lightly:D

Hope you all have a great day.I think we are in for a good day today.Very sticky last night though:rolleyes::)

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Kandy Bob's mum suffers the same as Mr.K although every single time she faints bless her she just drops like a lead balloon needles blood it doesn't matter which it is. It got so bad she even convinced our youngest to be afraid of needles so of course there came a time when he needed some blood work done and as you can well imagine he got into such a state and played blue murder!

It took three nurses to hold him down before they said to us we will try some 'magic' cream before we use the needle anyway they told him it would take around 30 to 40 minutes to work poor Harry couldn't wait such a long time I mean the state he was in was quite shocking. I told him to be brave and I'll get the best nurse to do the dirty deed he had the needle and realised that they don't hurt at all.....I had to give Bob's mum a joking telling off for getting him into such a state.Hel.xxx.

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,511
    Good morning everybody,

Helen, I agree. There are definitely more 'naughty' people than innocent ones but, unfortunately, it is the less able innocent ones that get caught in the system simply because the system is so complicated and not very user friendly.

I recently helped someone fill in a form from a government department that was 42 pages long with at least 8 questions to a page :eek:. Even I had trouble understanding what some of the questions meant :mad: and it eventually turned out that only 11 questions were relevant. If it had been filled in incorrectly that person may have ended up in trouble.

Kandy, I can sympathise with Mr Kandy. Although I am not as bad as him there is not a lot that can be done about some phobias. I was actually involved in the NHS trials of the anaesthetic cream and met quite a few people that had problems with injections. Most of us have some fears that don't seem logical to other people but it doesn't make the fear go away :(. I had a friend who was terrified of small birds but was quite happy to go sky diving or wing walking!

On a much brighter note :thumb: :D. Yesterday was a wonderful day and today will be even better :). We had friends round for lunch yesterday and more friends for lunch today, tomorrow and Monday :thumb: - I'll be running out of friends soon :D

Have a great day :D

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning all, poor old Mr K Kandy... What are we to do with these wuss's..!! ;) I can sympathize though.. I have to have 6wk blood tests & they take 6 philes of blood from me.. I usually just look the other way no problem, but there is the odd time even I come over a little "hot" while it is going on..!! ;) I always get a lovely fresh cup of tea if that happens though..;):D
    :thumb: Anyway I hope you both get good results back from your tests.. I don't know, two poorlies together...!!!;)

:) I hope everyone else is well today....:thumb: Enjoy it whatever you may be doing.!

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney,Helen and Marley:) been busy this morning what with cleaning out the pigs and getting housework and other stuff sorted:rolleyes::D

Shiney I do hope that the meals go off ok and you can always look on us as friends if you start to run out of friends near you,plus all your friends on here.I am sure we could all help demolish those lovely meals that you make.I think we ought to have a few photos sometime in case you are not puling our legs and just taking them all down the local chippy:rolleyes::D:D

Hope Amy is settling in quiet well and not giving Oscar too much grief.At least she will get you fit cough cough:D

I will show Mr K your post about the cream that should brighten him up to think you were at the cutting edge of medical science:thumb:

Marley,hope everything is ok in Jamacia I have looked at that link of the Hurricanes,lets just hope that not too much damage is done.:eek:

No problems with me at the moment,I had a bad neck and shoulder after our Isle Of Wight holiday but have been having treatment done plus remedy treatment and it has done marvels.:thumb:My blood tests are only for Cholesterol,Thyroid,Diabetes and I have asked for an Arthritis test as my bones in my joints are killing me at the moment due I think mainly to the English weather:rolleyes:The nurse had to get permission because it is an expensive test:eek:Apart from that I am okey dokey,just a bit worried about Mr K:rolleyes:

Your blood tests sound pretty awful especially having to have it done so much.I bet it feels like they are taking an amful.Hope everything turns out ok for you in the end.Sometimes us women just have to bite the bullet:D

Hope you have a decent day anyway:thumb:

11. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning everybody, hope you all have a lovely weekend and the weathers kind to you.

Im off to my daughters soon, staying over the weekend. going to send her fella of to the pub,:p so we can have some quality time together, a good chin wag and no doudt a few laughs.:D

Its great to see you back cookie, you've been missed.:thumb:;):D 02

12. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :thumb:I reckon you two ladies are the best...Sending him to the Pub!!!..:D

Have a great time:cool:

13. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Its only fair Pal,;) as we'll be cracking open a couple botles of wine I'm sure.:thumb::D 02

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Afternoon friends.

Well all this talk about blood tests, made me chuckle...but don't anyone mention dentists please...oop's I just did.

My Vonnie told me about this vampire at the doctors who always left her with bruises...and unfortunately I got this same nurse one day. I felt a trifle trepid I'll tell thee.

Anyway, we got talking about Beswick Pottery and she found me vein no probs...no bruise or anything...took 4 thingies and we talked for ages.

So tell Mr K, to make sure to get a fanciable nurse to take his blood....works for me, heh,heh.

Have a good weekend everyone.:thumb:

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon everyone,marley hope everything is ok in jamaica heard anymore about the hurricane over there,
    woo penny is a darling just lovely great pic.
    have a great rest of the day all