Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Going to a massive family bash tonight...Booze and Pig roast...all free:thumb:
    Starved me self all day in preparation...and I've a thirst on me enough to drain a pool:cool:
    It's a joint birthday party. :rolleyes:60th and an 18th......You've got to feel for the youngster:D:D

2. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Have a good un, wish I was there.............:thumb:

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Shiney I know what you mean about all those forms we have helped quite a few people with form filling its a nightmare you really have to read some of those huge forms a couple of times before it dawns on you what they really mean! I'm glad there are people like yourself that can help out and aid the confused, you're a good'un.;)

All this talk of blood letting makes me a little thirsty I used to be a vampire but it's hard being on the wagon with all this talk about the good red stuff!:D

Up and ready to go and get meself some bargains of course I will embarrass Bob no end with my haggling tactic's but at the end of the day a couple of quid saved here and there will pay for some more 'stuff' in the end. Have a great Sunday guys.Hel.xxx.

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,511
    Good morning Helen and everyone,

Helen, enjoy your boot sale and bring back some bargains :thumb:

Pal, I'm sure you had a great time last night and hope you aren't suffering for it this morning :D

Kandy, I'll try and remember to take photos tomorrow (more people that day) before all the food is gone. I'm usually too busy getting it dished up, on the plates and to everyone to remember to take photos :( :)

Have a great day :D

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Helen,Shiney and everyone

Had a poor nights sleep and was still awake at 1am this morning.I could do without that so I am late getting on here,though I was up at seven I have been taking photos of the weather and my beans we picked yesterday so I am going to be busy.

Shiney,good for you to help your friends with court matters.I have never been to court so would be terrified of having to go let alone filling out masses of forms:eek:Don't worry too much about the photos,just enjoy your meal and company

Tweaky my hubby isn't a ladies man.Apart from me I have never even seen him look at another woman,though he probably does it when I am not looking:rolleyes::DHe can be rather dull at times:p

Pal hope you enjoyed the celebrations,good to let your hair down once in a while:thumb:

Helen,hope you bag some good stuff at the car booty.No point in me going to them as I have enough junk in the house as it is without bringing home more.I would do one myself but as some of my stuff is good quality would grieve me at being knocked down after all the hard work I had done to buy the stuff in the first place:rolleyes::D

Well,I shall be preparing some of these today which we picked yesterday...
    [​IMG]

And this is our weather at the moment,though the sun is just starting to break through...
    [​IMG]

Hope you all have a good day and don't get too burnt.I am going to have to empty my water butt at some point today ready for the deluge we are going to get later on...

6. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    morning all
    here we are. another Sunday. Just finished breakfast in bed and catching up on the laptop. As I look out the window all I can see is Yorkshire mist.
    Project for today is to make some tomato chutney.
    At the moment the kitchen smells of cooked bacon, shortly it will be boiing spiced vinegar.. good for clearing the tubes and a host of other complaints i should think!
    Good news is I have had the last of the antibiotics and the head should start to return to normal... I hope.
    All you good folk have a grand day/
    robert

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,511
    Kandy, great crop there :thumb:. I'm pleased that the beans are coming along OK now. Ours are slowing down a little bit and I'm only picking between four and six pounds every other day. so it is difficult keeping up with the orders I have.

robert, it is good to hear that you are getting better :)

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Robert sounds like you are going to be busy like me.At the moment I am busy pickling my shallots and beetroot and preparing runner beans for freezing and I know where you are coming from with the smells:thumb:Would you by any chance have a recipe for the tomato chutney?I would be most greatful if you would share it with us:thumb:

Hope you are feeling a bit better with the antibiotics,nothing worse than feeling lousy:eek:

Shiney,ours are doing really well now especially as I am giving them loads of water and some chicken pellets.I will have to start selling some of my stuff now we are in this credit crunch because as they say every little helps:thumb:and I havn't forgotten Mrs Shiney,it's just at the moment I don't know whether I am on my head or my bum:rolleyes::p:o

This is what I am up to at the mo as well as the beans...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, pal hope you enjoyed your night out, by kandy you have some jars of onions there throw a jar this way he he.
    just been taking some pics out on my balcony
    have a great day all

10. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :) Good Morning all....We had a great night out:thumb:...Ate well,got tiddly:rolleyes:Met up with old friends,even had a chat with an old flame from way back...(Mrs Pal kept saying a woman was staring at us:D..Shhhhh)
    After the buffet we were treated to 'Singing Waiters' with brilliant Opera:cool: A fantastic treat for those who have never seen it before(have a Youtube).

11. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all you late getter uppers ,,,kandy woo helen and shiney my body clock is all over the show just done 8 /12 hours getting up at 4,30am so im now off till friday so i wont be sleeping well..if anyone would like to pay my mortgage off you can :D just so i can pack these stupid shifts in..just pm me:thumb: hope your all well ..kandy stop posting pics of food

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning everyone wecome to the first day of September my hav,nt the months flown by,this is one of my favourite Months ,everyone have a good day and stay safe.:)

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Pinch, Punch..!! 1st of the Month everyone..!! :thumb: Yes Woo this year has flown by for me, so must have for you..!!!;):D

:thumb: Morning everyone.! Well tis is Monday again, all ready to start another week everyone.?:D Why does time go quicker as you get older..???:rolleyes::D

:thumb: Have a greeat day everyone, whatever you are doing..!!

14. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Hello September
    Morning all/ I have to admit I was very late waking up this moring. 07:00 Hrs.
    Now that is something I have not done for years. Maybe , just maybe now I am retired my body is realising that it can take a break.
    MF, thanks for the Pinch,, punch,, another blast from the past. always ended up with a bruised bum in our family on the first day of every month.
    Does enybody know the origin of the pinch, punch?
    Looks like another grey one out there in Yorkshire.
    Must remember to check the runner beans.
    Enjoy your day everyone
    Think I might have a lie-in today
    robert

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,511
    Good morning everybody,

another lovely day that we shall spend with friends :),

Aimee and Oscar definitely don't get on together so we can't leave any outside doors open. Oscar isn't allowed indoors and seems offended that Aimee is :eek:. Aimee wants to know why she isn't allowed to chase and eat Oscar :eek: :eek:. Aimee needs to be taken for a walk but if Oscar is by the front door he won't give way and just arches his back and spits at Aimee. What idiot agreed to dog sit for a week :confused:. Oh yes! I remember. It was me :D :D :D