Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,507
    Mrs shiney spends most of the day watering the garden :D

2. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Beautiful Shiney, the bones of your garden is set so nice. Be proud.

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Redstar.

Morning guys lovely pictures Shiney you do have a truly beautiful garden.

Whiley wonderful idea to paint for charity even more so for Ratty ones as it's no secret that it's very close to your heart. Hope the shows go well and I will look forward in seeing some pictures of your little furry friends because you do have quite a few cuties in your clan.;)

Yesterday was danger time all day long as it didn't stop raining but I couldn't believe it the drains were able to cope and we didn't get much localised flooding so that was at least one good thing.

Went to see The Dark Knight and I must say all the rave reviews about Heath Ledger is not unfounded it should have been called The Joker Returns as he stole the whole movie!

Still very damp outside goodness knows what I'm going to do today things still need to be done down on the allotment but this wet weather isn't great for working outdoors :(. Try to enjoy the weekend guys don't let the weather spoil it for you all.Hel.xxx.

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning all Today its Saturday everyone enjoy the day and please stay safe.:thumb::)

5. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Morning all
    It chucked it down last night.
    Need to check the garage for any water.
    Looks like another indoor sort of day.
    The main thing is....to have fun.
    robert

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,507
    Good morning all,

Thanks for all your nice comments :o.

It is not too bad out there today and we have a friend's wedding to go to :thumb: :)

Have a great day :D

7. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +49,031
    :)

Good morning folks, looks a bit nicer already today, we even have the sun poking its head through the clouds every now and then. I'm outside today hopefully making a bit of progress with my roof, bet it will start raining as soon as I go out!

What a nice garden you've got shiney - and so well looked after.

Hope your garage isn't wet capney, I need to pluck up courage and look in mine as I've taken part of the roof off and only a thin plastic sheet to stop the rain getting in - I've been using a snow shovel after every bad rain storm to bale it out, everything in there is up on planks or in plastic boxes - hope they aren't floating!

Enjoy whatever you all all doing today folks! :thumb:

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,hope you are all having a good day:) Been up since 6.30am but have been busy ironing and have just come back from grocery shopping.At least there wasn't too many people there.

Hopefully the rain will eventually stop so we can get over to the lottie to pick some more vegetables.They wanted £1.50 for eight plums in Tesco's.:eek: glad that we have grown our own though we havn't had many due to the late frost earlier in the year but we have picked about £15 worth so can't complain:)

Woo,we need you to find that sun for us as we are fed up getting wet:eek::D

Yes a lovely garden Shiney,you and Mrs Shiney have worked hard to get it looking nice over the last 40 odd years.All credit to both of you:cool::thumb: Have you any photos of what it looked like when you first moved in?It would be nice to see them sometime if you have:)

Hope you have a good time at the wedding and that the sun shines on you all today:)

Well I must dash as I have oodles to do.Hope you all have a great day:thumb::)

9. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the pics shiny:thumb::thumb: looking good ...and very green and very wet :Dkandy has sussed you out...hope your all well ..im on them funny night shifts:mad:

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone:)where does the time go.Got up at 4.59am and I have already lost 26minutes just on making a cup of tea and having a tiddle:eek:

It looks like the rain has finally stopped but I expect that will change as the daylight comes:rolleyes:

Just found a snail or two walking up my front door and last night had one walking down the lounge window.Talk about rubbing it in:rolleyes:

Anyway,I have lots to do so I hope that Hamilton wins the Belgium Grand Prix and that you all have a great day:)

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Raining yet again and so much still needs to be done grass to bet cut so badly, washing to be washed not to mention work on the allotment doesn't look like outside work will be done today and it seems the tumble dryer will have plenty of work on too, oh well this rain can't last forever or can it?

Kandy I know what you mean the price of veg is getting a little crazy and that's the stuff that's in season surely if the supermarkets wanted too they could do the 'stuff' for so much less.

The other day Bob and I was accosted (in a nice way) by a little old lady who has seen us walking to and fro from the allotments with the huge cabbages etc. that the guys pass us and she wanted to know if we sold any of our veg we had to admit none of the stuff we carry through the estate is our own but have promised her when the time comes we will drop her off little boxes of our veg....if this carries on in no time at all we will be feeding the whole village!:D

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday no matter what the weather is like.Hel.xxx.

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,507
    Good morning everybody,

I suppose I had better get my packing done as we have to be passing by Keswick by 4 p.m. :eek:

Have a good journey today, Kandy :thumb:

Have a great day :D

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hello everyone, didnt get on this morning left early had the day at warkworth castle, northumberland, rained a little but mostly it stayed fine enough for me to get pics of the castle and other things, went for a lovely meal at a local pub it was nice had scampi.
    hope everyone had a lovely day

14. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    hi rosa, glad you had a lovely day :thumb:

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi Bm thank you havnt spoke in such a long time, trust your keeping well