Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Good luck with your meeting with your landlady Ivory I hope all goes well for you.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Dear sweet Walnut I don't seem to catch you on GC much nowadays anyway I'm hoping to play catch up with you on the Brug thread as I'll be more than eager to take some cuttings of my baby who by the way is getting to be a MONSTER!

Ivory I can well imagine your stress just thinking about the potential loss of your garden.... your landlord is just a meanie, fingers crossed things will be ok for you although by all means it it looks bad at the meeting give them hell!

Whiley sweetie are you perhaps getting a little broody? One might imagine so maybe it's all those fur babies you take so good care of. Anyway darling things will be what will be and in the mean time there's no harm getting a lawn ready for the sound of patters of little feet fur-wise or mini human-wise ;)

Crazy day yesterday far too much running around sadly far too wet to do any 'real work' so it was a good clean from top to bottom as well as running around after the boys, you would think after the toddler stage things would be a little easier for us Mums but just like a dog children are for life and not just for Christmas!:roll:Hel.xxx.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Good morning everyone.... Ivory I am so sorry to hear about your landlady problem...!! What a terrible worry for you, not to mention the anger about it...!!! I do hope you can sort it amicably.....!:mad::thumb:

:mad: Whiley, so sorry to hear about your Mum too.. I guess you are right & it wil be a long day for you both, but I hope something positive comes out of it for you both...! Gotcha both in my prayers..
    :thumb:But good news about the show... Will go & have a look at the pics now...:thumb:

:doh:I think I shall have a sorting out day today as the weather is so awful...!!!

:thumb:d-yy Have a great day everyone, despite what the weather may be doing..!!!

4. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all, found it hard to sleep with todays events on the horizon. But dealing with it all best i can.

Decided to fling Levi and Percy in together for the morning to see if he could summon on a season in her, but he seems to just be getting excited by having someone new to groom. I have suspicions that Levi is not his type!

Before i leave today have got some calls to make regarding my financial situation. I still havent heard for an appointment with the occupational health to get stuff re benefits flowing as we're getting to a point thats a bit dyer now. As we have to get the bathroom done as its falling appart. So we're very much s****ing the barrel now on Darrens wages. Its all a bit petrifying. Gonna try around all the health departments that have suggested their part in it to see if they can speed things up, trying to get an earlier appointment with the Citzens Adivce to see if i can claim anything in the mean time.

Not many smiles in the Whiley house today.

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning all, ivory hope all goes well with you meeeting,quite warm here from what it was the other day had heating on.
    have a great day

6. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    morning all.

Ivory Good luck with your meeting with the landlady:thumb:

Whiley, hope everything goes well down at the hospital, It must be a very frightening time. you're both in my prayers.0)02

7. midnightrose

midnightrose Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope it went okay Ivory *fingers crossed*

8. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope that chat went okay Ivory, wouldnt want to loose the garden or house :(

9. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Well it is very very depressing. Our lovely large garden will now be divided into three gardens, because the landlady has "changed her mind" Our own garden will still be pretty big, but divided in two parts which are not actually communicating (fron and back of house). Very complicated story. Even if she will agree (which will be a fight) to lover the rent accordingly, it will be minimal compared to the "ruining" of our peace and privacy here, which is the only thing I wanted when I moved 1000 km away from my family and friends, leaving a good job behind and going to a country where I don't know the language, and where job opportunities for me a rather scarce.
    Plus, she intends to reclaim one of the rooms of our flat for her use s00k, another fight to come, it's not much of a room, but it's the only place where I can hang my paintings (having huge windows is nice, but it leaves very little wall space). We have already invested way too much work on the house and garden to simply move out (she timed it well eh?), so at the moment we are feeling really stuck, misused and totally mistrusting of the world at large. We will have to find a compromise on this, and considering what kind of choices I did to move to this little place in hte countryside and leave in "peace", I feel very bitter. I feel it was quite a lot to bargain for a "compromise".

I am sorry for this long and not very uplifting post. I am somewhat flat. I will recover, promise.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi ivory, well what can i say most dissapointing for you, such a shame just hope you can come to some comprmise with your landlady, guess your feeling quite down now after that meeting, do hope things will improve

11. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    Hello Ivory,
    always bad news when the landlord start being fussy...
    Having an artist sister (part time but still...) I can imagine that the landlord is possibly worried that the smell of oil paint will be absorbed by the walls and she will never be able to send it away in case somebody else will rent the property...
    Surelly she has to reduce your rent after being so nasty !! do they have long rental periods in Germany?

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Sounds like a nightmare scenario Ivory maybe you should consider moving to somewhere with a more secure outlook ,she may at a later date move the goalposts again as it suits her it would be heart breaking but maybe in the long term wise to do.:(

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut and everyone, im up early this morning, has to be a first for a while, sun is just coming up i guess everyone is still in their lovely warm beds ha ha
    have a great day all

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good Morning Walnut and Rosa and everyone else its a lovely day and every day really is a bonus:)
    [​IMG]

15. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2

I paint only with acrilic, cna't abide the smell of solvents :(

Walnut, we never really intended to settle here for life, so the moving out prospect is definitely there. But after a 1000 km move and renovating this flat, building up a custom sized kitchen etc, we are really NOT in funds to move again right away... in any case we do have a contract, also about the rent of the garden, and I am not sure that I intend to give up my rights without a fight just for the sake of peaceful cohabitation. SHe just has no right to do it, :mad: It is really very unpleasant.

Thanks all for putting up with me in this difficult couple of days.