Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Hi TM02W Thank you ,I have tried Sleeping but I get so excited about each new day it keeps me awake:D:)

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Where is everyone this morning? :scratch:Well Ive got my grandchildren coming down today as its my grandsons birthday he'll be nine.:help: Glad i managed to get the grass cut yesterday coz I dont think I'll be doing much today. Going to get out there and grab me some rays before they come.:wink: Hope you all have a lovely day:cool: 02

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Good Morning everyone, have just come in from a lovely sunny walk. A lovely day ahead I hope.
    :thumb: O2 have a great day with the grand kids..!

:) Woo you always make me smile, have a great day.!

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!!

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, little late today, very dull here this morning, have a lovely sunday everyone

5. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all!
    Well i think we can expect babies from Levi alright as shes a grumpy moo now and hasn't come back into season, so the mating was successful :)
    Nice surprise today, called dad for a chat this morning and he invited me over! Been bugging him to see me since February/March! Very pleased! Do have to meet his new girlfriend though, trying to get my head around that, hopefully i can deal with it and i won't sink into anxious quiet defensive mode.

Wish me luck!

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning all my friends I hope that you all had a great weekend and everyone remembered to put the Suntan Lotion on:D have a good day today and please stay safe:)

7. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Woo & everyone, here we are at the start of yet another week... Gosh they are flying by these days..!!!!s00k ?Had to babysit late last night for the night as a friend & neighbour was rushed into hospital with a burst appendix.. They operated straight away & she is comfortable this morning...!!! My it all happens here sometimes..!!!:dh::)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing.!

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Marley been there done that even got the little scar to prove it, had a rush job way back when I was 8 or so really scary for a little'un to go through although I'm sure it's just as bad for a grown-up too what with all those nasty toxins escaping into one's body.

Whiley I'm sure it will be kind of hard for you to imagine your dad with another lady remember these things happen quite often but to be honest it will be better for you being older and living away than if you was still living with your dad. Here's hoping that you find a friend in your dad's new lady rather than an enemy.

Don't know where the week-end went because it just flew pass even though it didn't rain the ground was so damp we couldn't work it and the lawn still needs to be cut! Hel.xxx.

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

I haven't had time to catch up on all that has been going on here but hope everyone is doing well :thmb:.

We got back yesterday from a lovely week in the Lake District. The weather was very good to us but they have had it very wet for the last few months so everything was soggy undefoot.

We were lucky enough to have it dry every day with rain only at night. The lakes were very full and the waterfalls were wonderful. I feel sorry for the farmers up there who are struggling but the combination of water, greenery and lighting made for different photos from normal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, ohhh shiney wow lovely to wake up come in and see these lovely pics of the lakes, pleased to hear you had a lovely time and the weather stayed great for you during the day, thanks for sharing.guess here having the same kind of weather dry during the day and raining a bit in the evenings.
    have a great day all

11. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Emergancy Marley to the babysitting rescueeee!!

Blimey Shiney those are some brilliant photos! What an experience. I've always wanted to go to the Lakes, goodness knows when i'll get my chance. Glad you had a lovely time.

Helen thank you, it was okay in the end. I found it difficult at first, and i think she did too.
    We went out for a little walk along the seafront which i havent done for ages, and i was dealing okay with my stick but i feel like she was struggling to speak to me, despite me trying to make conversation and keeping the words flowing best i could, and kept trying to help me by grabbing my other shoulder and trying to support me over slightly stumbley bits, which didn't help at all, but i think she sort of wanted to make an impression on me as nice and helpful.
    To be honest, it wasn't difficult to cope with because, well shes nice. But thats all. Shes only nice. She doesn't speak much, she is pretty dull, no sense of humour really, and to be honest, matches my dad better on those terms, because my mum was suppressed with him, with her being so expressive and full of life and laughter. Dad was always and still is now, very hard to to talk to, a very dull person, and is happy that way, and very emotionally lazy. They sort of are on par with each other. Her 5 year old is fun to play with for a bit, and took to me easily, but is a very rude and gobby little tearaway, and obviously isn't getting the attention from his mother that he needs, and gets everything else he wants instead, toys, trips to the park whenever he demands, etc. And if something doesn't go his way, as minor as where to sit at the table, he doesn't just tantrum, he gets starey and accusational! [is that a word? Nevermind]
    So all these things 've heard about dad making an effort for him and her when he never did for mum or my sister and i, is only really happening because they're both bullying him into it and getting the results that way. Something mum never did and never allowed my sister and i to do.

Its not like they 'beat us at the game' or anything, and that helps me along with this. I hope that doesn't sound shallow, but i'm going to admit thats how i'm getting by with it.

Also, she doesn't like rats. :tnp:

12. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Do I have to get up? Just five more minutes?

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning all, glad you got through your difficult visit Whiley... I think you have got it about right with your Dad & New family... Let them get on with it & just visit now & then..!! Shame about the child. but like so many today..!:(
    I think your last sentence says it all....!!!!!!!!:thmb::D

:thumb: Well I hope everybody else is well & has a great day whatever you are doing..!

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

I'm busy trying to catch up on the garden and other things. It will probably take me until the next holiday to do so. :)

Whiley, you sound as though you handled the visit very well :thumb:. Hope Levi is OK :)

Have a great day :D

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Lovely pictures Shiney but there's always something about water that makes me want to 'go' and make some of my own!:D

Seriously though few places can match The Lakes with its stunning mountains reaching down to the waters, we haven't been for a very long time the last time we went we had such fun it's so idyllic. I have a photo somewhere of our boys sitting on the wall at Ambleside with the tiny Bridge House in the background.

Whiley shame about your dad's new girlfriend maybe you are right and they are best suited, what a horror regarding the little boy he does need sorting out otherwise he will end up being like all the other bad youths we hear about in the press when he grows up. I'm a great believer in being firm but fair and it worked well for Bob and I with our boys, parents do truly need to be involved in their children's life as you do get more rewards you can ever imagine and the pride you have in your children will really reduce you to tears.

Been catching up in the garden yesterday the ground was still damp but the lawn so needed to be cut finally did it and it's a little worst for wear now but I'm sure it will recover.Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.