Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Lol Shiney most of our toms have failed now the wind has battered the tumblers although we did have many a sweet tom from them, some of the others are failing to blush-up.

Regarding the chairs we popped over to the allotment on Sunday to find one of the guys had dropped us off a couple of chairs Bob remembers someone saying they had a couple for us but he has forgotten who...me thinks he is having a OAP moment!:D

I have to admit I have a pair of sun loungers which we have hardly ever used in our home garden because I just can't lie down and relax when I'm in our garden as I always see something that just needs doing, I'm thinking of taking them over to the allotment boy will that be lovely!

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning all, Hel, sun loungers, chairs over the allotment.......!!! You'll have the barbie, tables & umbrellas set up next..!!!:lollol::D No seriously I know some friends who now have quite a meeting place set up in their allotment shed...! Everybody goes there when they hear the kettle whistling & at the end of the day, when everybody puts the world to rights & swaps gossip etc...!!!!:thmb::D Great fun & spirit on allotments..!

:thumb: Well have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,
    I'm just about to go back out into the garden to potter around for a while before going out.

Helen, I knew someone who used to make their own beer and wine and take it to their allotment. Each evening, when the weather was nice, he and his wife would put out a folding table and some chairs and most of the people would come round for a chat and drink. :thumb: Very sociable :)

Have a great day :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, late today, weather still a bit dull but at least its warm.
    have a great day all

5. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all0)hope today finds you well:thmb: going to do a bit of pottering around the garden today seeing as the sun is shinning. Have a lovely day everyone.:flwsml:02

6. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Have a nice day everyone. I'm tired today! :(

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everyone,

It's a bit dull out there this morning but I expect it to brighten up later. I've put the sprinkler on the veggies as we haven't had proper rain for ages.

I have another busy day today so no 'feet up' time :(.

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney and all.

Lol Marley do not jest the barbie and umbrella is for next year boy are we going to have a good time. :D

Yes Shiney you are quite right being part of the wonderful world of allotment gardening is a very sociable thing we had a wonderful compliment yesterday one of the guys was talking to Bob and said he had told his wife that a lovely couple had joined the allotment brigade and no prizes to say who he was on about.....isn't that nice?:)

I'm going to cook a marrow and tomato casserole for one of the fellows over at the plots he grows marrows but hasn't try eating them which seems a great shame so I'm going to treat him and his family to a batch.

Hope you all have a lovely day and the weather is just right for you all.Hel.xxx.

9. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    No sun as yet. looks a bit grey over Yorkshire today.
    Must get up soon. we have the Tescos dash this morning.
    Feel real lazy again today. must get out of that habit.
    Morning all, have a great day.

10. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone... :D Hel I wasn't really jesting I know a few that do barbie after a day on the allotment..!!!:D:thmb: Hope he ejoys the casserole then Hel... Sounds yummy... Happy cooking..!

:thmb: Have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing..!!!!!

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, helen enjoy making the casserole hope they enjoy it, how nice of you doing that.just noticed something marley your catching up to me with your posts he he
    have a great day all

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone when you all wake up.Hope you are all ok and enjoying each day:thumb:

Thought I would leave you a couple of photos from my holiday last week...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope you all have a great day in everything that you do

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Kandy & everyone, Love the photos Kandy... Still wishing you could wake up to those sites each morning..??:wink::D

:dh: Busy day again today, got the builder coming in to do a bit of work..!!:thmb: So catch up with you all later..

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are up to.!

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Marley and all.

Lovely pictures there Kandy the mountain in the clouds is really quite stunning you do have an eye for taking photo's.:thumb:

Hope the building work goes with ease Marley and that they clean up after them, nothing worst than dust and mess.

Lol Marley I have yet to see if Mick survives the casserole if i don't see him on Friday then I'll know for sure I'ave put him in hospital.... but then again I did warn him!:D

Rosa I have got to look after my 'boys' down on the plots after all they have looked after Bob and I since we joined their crew. I also cooked a special dish from my school days (boy that's a long time ago!) for another guy and bless him he came looking for Bob and I yesterday afternoon to tell us that his wife and he had already had some for their dinner and how much they loved that needless to say he stopped by and helped Bob finish the shed roof so it's all good.

Going to the movies later on and then if the weather gets better it's down to the allotment later. Have a nice day guys no matter what you are up to.:wink:Hel.xxx.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,498
    Good morning everybody.
    It is a lovely day out there and I expect to get a lot done in the garden. :thumb: