Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,493
    Good morning everybody,

It stayed dry yesterday with lots of sunshine but a cold wind. So, after pottering around for a bit, I had a big bonfire to warm me up :thumb:

[​IMG]

At the moment it is dry and bright out there but the forecast is not good so I suppose we shall get the rain you lot are having :(

Have a great day :D

2. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Day all, its 7:11 Am here. Working on a cup of coffee. Suppose to be a wonderful day today.
    Have to work a little then the rest of the day is mine. Tomorrow, a yearly event takes place around here of which I so love. Its called Chester County Day, been happening for 68 years. Several historic houses open there doors and gardens to tours, different ones each year. My friend and I go ever year for the past 18 years, so much fun. I will take photos of the different garden I see and send over here later this weekend (Sunday-Monday ish) . If anyone finds themselves in this area on the First Saturday of Every October, it is an event worth going. I would be happy to drive you around, I have two empty seats in my car. So have a good weekend all.

3. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Looking forward to the the pics Red. I'd love to take you up on your offer, one day maybe who knows.:thmb: 02

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Sleeps getting a bit of a problem again (as you can see) but at least I'm getting a good few hours in I just need to tell my body to stay asleep longer!:D

Garden tours are always a delight Redstar I'm sure you will not be the only one to be taking pictures like crazy, I for one can't wait to see your pics.

Shiney it's not Bonfire Night yet you should have waited and made a night of it, although I have to admit it really was a good bonfire I can almost feel the heat from here!

Kandy we had to switch on the heating last night as it was far too cold or maybe it's just Bob and I are getting too old? But boy it was nice and cosy it just took the edge off the chill as we don't like it blazing hot like some people do which is a blessing with fuel costs so high.

Well yesterday we were just popping about going to do a little shopping when we fell behind a skip laden lorry with a very badly and dangerous load it had huge loose iron poles sticking not only over-hanging the back by 4ft or so but at the side too and hanging over 4 or 5ft out at head height at the left side! Bob was horrified and pulled up the lorry for me to inform the guy his load was so dangerous (thinking the guy didn't know) when as you can imagine the guy DID know and he just didn't care I wonder if he would have thought different if I was a copper? It was a pity it wasn't the day before as that part of the road is a hot spot to catch naughty traffic users and boy was the cops busy the day before pulling in vans and trucks.....guess the trucker was lucky yesterday I just hope anyone walking on the left hand side path was just as lucky and didn't get hit by the trucks load.What a total idiot that guy was. Hel.xxx.

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,493
    Good morning Helen and everyone,

Helen, I hope you manage to get more sleep tonight :thumb:. I'd have phoned the police about that lorry. :mad:

No need to worry about Guy Fawkes night. I have a bonfire like that about once a month :).

It has been a chilly night. I had to scr*pe the ice off my car last night and it is still frosty out there now :( but becoming nice and bright :)

Have a great day :D

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,493
    Wow, no one around today :scratch:.

I've just had a 200 mile round trip to have dinner with relations. Good food, good company and good, but wet, journey :thumb:

Similar journey tomorrow but north instead of south :)

Have great Sunday :D

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning everyone have a super Sunday and all stay safe:thumb::)

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,493
    Morning woo and everybody,

The rain is easing up and it is getting brighter out there - or is that my rose tinted glasses :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    MorningWoo, Shiney and all.

What's this have we been abandoned?:cnfs:

Well as you can see I managed to get up later than normal but that's because I didn't go to sleep until after 2 am because one of the boys was playing dirty stop out... ah to be young again!:D

Shiney nothing better than a good meal and good company to make a long trip tolerable just remember to work off those calories two days in a row otherwise you well might be rolling home although that would save on the price of fuel so it's all good in the end!:wink:

Horrible weather yesterday pretty much the same today although I have to admit the poor weather did allow me to give my bedroom a truly good tidy-up. I'm afraid I'm one of those women that before going out throws every outfit on her bed only to wear the first one out of the wardrobe and I end it chucking everything back in and hoping for the best....but I'm sure I'm not the only one with that flaw.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday and remember not to let the weather spoil your fun.Hel.xxx

10. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all, a bit late but nevermind.

Ah Hel if i could share with you some of my sleep credits i so would!!
    Shiney its still grim here! I need to borrow your rose tinted specs :P Mind you, i have the heating on, and jumbled up in warm clothes, then a bath for me later while listening to my Harry Potter audio book! Sorted! :thumb:

We finally heard about mums hospital business, apparently the appointments manager made an almighty mess, and though it would be useful to save up all the appointments and post them out at the same time 2 weeks later?? So around 100 people missed their urgent appointments in the last 3 weeks, including mum. So shes been fired apperantly and they're trying to catch up, Mums being seen on Tuesday to discuss her results, which we still don't know. Mind you, shes absolutely fine, its hard to be glum over a potential situation when you've got someone as smiley and happy as my mum in the picture, your mind slips from the subject, and thats just the way she wants it.

I had the rat show last weekend, had a lovely time. And Leviosa gave birth to a tiny litter of 3 last night, not enough to cover those waiting for rats so i'm also mating up her sister!

A full day of rat baby nursing and tidying up after a hell of a busy week. Take care all. <3

11. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Morning all. Out all day on my historic house tour yesterday. Will have to see what pics I have.
    Just normal house stuff today, food shopping, some gardening, meal making.

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Whiley what a mess with all the appointments, I think your and your mum have the right idea keeping your spirits up and not thinking about the results although I do try to do the same too sometimes it does get too much for me but then again if we didn't have our emotions to play havoc with our health worries then we wouldn't be human would we? Here's hoping for some good news.:luv:

Nice to know the rat birth went well I'm sure the youngsters with thrive under your care.

Redstar I'm sure you enjoyed the garden tour although I'm not so sure you would have enjoyed all those chores!:D

Well once again the grass needs cutting so we could do with some nice weather I wonder if we will get any this week? Have a nice day guys and girls.Hel.xxx.

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Morning all, hope you all had a good weekend.. Whiley sorry to hear of the appointments mix up, but at least you don't have to wait weeks again...!!! Good Luck for your Mum on Tuesday now then.... Have fun in the maternity unit...!!!!!:wink::D

:wink: Well after the weathermen said it would be an awful weekend it wasn't quite as bad as they said it would be, here anyway.. My grass needs cutting too Hel so hoping it will dry up..!!

:thumb: Have a good day everyone, whatever you are up too...!

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,hope you all had a good weekend:)

We have had it bitterly cold and very windy on Saturday so never got much done outside and then yesterday woke up to heavy rain but no wind so spent the day having some quality time with Mr Kandy who is now still in bed feeling quiet unwell.Lots of his work colleagues were off last week at his place of work due to illness so I expect it has caught up with him so this will be me todayb-0

I am on dog walking duty for our neighbours today as they are both working away from home and then this evening if we can catch the little darlings Willow and Poppy will be going to the vets for their annual booster which we have to have for when they go in the Cattery.:p

Hope you all have a good day in all that you do and hope that the weather stays good if any of you are working outside:thmb:

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,493
    Good morning everybody,

The sun is shining brightly but it is quite nippy out there. The slight frost has now gone and it looks as though it may be a good day :thumb:

The drive to Leicester yesterday morning was appalling with heavy rain and strong winds but whilst we were there we had warm sunshine. We had a really nice time with a lovely afternoon walk in good company and we went to an Indian restaurant for an excellent meal. The drive home was very good with clear skies and little traffic :thmb:

Whiley, hope you have a good ratty day today. :)

Helen, you can come and do my lawns after you have finished yours. :lollol:

Kandy, enjoy your dog walking but don't be out too long because you have to available to minister to Mr Kandy :( :rotfl:

Have great day :D