Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Morning all,

It seems like months ago that I last managed to get into the garden apart from cutting the grass between rain showers, but was probably only a fortnight. But it was good to get some seeds planted (Sweet pea and Foxglove), re-pot some smaller plants and get them in the small "shelf greenhouse" And then to get some weeding done, including ripping out two diseased shrubs and a few other maintenance jobs. It does not look like I have done much out there but its satisfying none the less.

Off to the Dentist today for a checkup then on for a little shopping.

Have a good day all!

Steve...:)

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Hel & Steve, Hel maybe it is time to change your Ins company..!!! That just sounds like a moneymaking excuse to me...!!!!:mad: Hope you get it sorted soon..!!!

:thumb:Also hope your check up doesn't find anything Steve... Not keen on Dentists... :dh::D

:thmb: Whiley hope you are feeling a bit better today..!!:wink:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,490
    Good morning everyone,

I hope that all of you that are feeling poorly have a better day today. :thumb:

Helen, I hope you are shopping around for your car insurance. I do that every year when it comes up for renewal and have always managed to get cheaper quotes.

Like you, I like to see the autumnal leaves on the ground and love the smell of them. :)

I've done some work in the garden already this morning and although it is now raining out there I shall be going out to clear some leaves :thmb:

have a great day :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, by its getting cold out there, helen thanks we have been out with friends at the weekend had a great time.
    steve hope all goes well at dentist, my hubbys going to dentist today also and im having bother with one of my tooth my new filling i had done in goa has come off so im holding off and going to go to a dentist in thailand to get it done, dont like dentists myself.
    have a great day everyone

5. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Helen and Marley <3 Unfortunately after getting on with 3 of the 5 cages i crashed, so was unable to do much more than garble 'tea please' from under a duvet on the sofa until the evening. Sort of thought it would happen, but nevermind. Trying again today, still no improvement but theres 2 more cages to do and some laundry to finish off, Darren did the rest yesterday. Then Tescos.

Spoke to the new owner of Leviosas 3 babies, shes named them Souvi, Lily and Fever, and they're big babies now! I'd say a third bigger of any babies at their age in larger litters! They opened their eyes this morning, and developed muscles yesterday, so are trying to use their legs and explore the cage, wibbling about a bit, then attempting full pelt, only to hit a wall - over and over again. Leviosa is flapping around them trying to get them eat but they're too excited. Very funny and sweet to watch.

Helen it sounds like More Than are playing silly games with you, i dont know much about Insurance COmpanies, i'm lucky as Darren sorts all that out for me, but still, like Shineyman said, theres got to be better quotes around.

Autumn is very much here isn't it! So excited! I love autumn. I hope i dont have to write off October, i've not done so well with it so far at all.
    At the moment i'm looking at how likely it would be for me to save up for a digi SLR, even if its second hand. I dont want to miss the autumn colour, my camera just can't seem to handle it though.

Not to worry, i'll always do my best with what i've got!

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,193
    :) Gdod morning, one and alll .... it's busy on here this morning.

Somehow I never got around to pruning the prickly Lantana yesterday as I decided to tackle the deep fryer instead :euw: ...... but it's lovely again today so guess what's on the agenda?

Have a good one ... :thumb:

7. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
  8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Good morning all my friends ,Whiley I am sure October is going to be just Fine for you and November even better:thumb::)Helen Hope you get that Insurance sorted out:thumb:Rosa enjoy your Day:thumb:Shiney we don,t want you working in the rain to long just an hour or two to start with:lollol::thumb:Steve Hope the Dentist goes ok:thumb:Marley,Lol and BM and everyone have a great day and please stay safe:):thmb:

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,490
    Woo, you have had a great influence on the weather :thumb:. It is now dry and sunny :)

10. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Day to you all. It is dry and sunny here also. Have to move around the water sprinklers again today. Have some workmen coming to the house this morning, so here with my briefcase suppose to be completing a report. Still working on a cup of coffee. When do I retire, not soon enough. Guess I should not push it, just means a winkle or two more. Cats ear much better, he's even used to the ear drops that have to continue for 2 more days. Have a good day all.

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Well the car insurance is now sorted although it's a mixture of good news and bad we are able to get the price quoted on line a little over £300 (the others wanted £800+) but if there is any changes such a car swap the insurance company will not honour a new car or any other changes because they tell us that they will NOT insurance young drivers but because of a loop hole online they have no choice but to honour the deal...go on you figure that one out! :cnfs:

Anyway fingers crossed we will not want to change cars etc. but to be honest I can't see that happening as my son has had his car 4 years now and although it might be old it's his first car and is very attached to it and looks after it so very well unlike our other son who has managed to get through 4 cars so far!:D

Bob's got another trip to one of his regular haunts this morning it's time yet again to go back to The Northern General to see how his kidney's are fairing fingers crossed things will be a little more settled now, not looking forward to the appointment it's a little later than normal for us and those late ones do take some time as it gets so very busy...oh well needs must and all.

Have a nice day guys and girls.Hel.xxx.

12. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,193
    :) Good morning, all. Very quiet here this morning.

Pleased you got the insurance sorted out Helen and hope that the hospital visit goes well.

Grocery shopping today ... a chore but a necessity but the nice thing is a light lunch out on the way home.

Enjoy your day, whatever you may be doing.

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Hel, Lol & everyone, Glad you got the Insuarance sorted out Hel.. :scratch: I will never understand their reasoning..!
    :thmb: Wishing Bob plenty of good luck with his hospital visit too...:)

:thmb: Hope you are feeling better too Whiley..

:thumb: Have a good day everyone whatever you may be doing..!

:thmb::D Happy shopping LoL....

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,490
    Good morning Red, Helen and all,

Red, it's good to hear that your cat is getting better :thumb:

Helen, good luck with Bob's trip to the hospital :)

I managed to get loads of leaves cleared up yesterday but wasn't able to finish it as the wind became very strong and was driving the rain into my face. I'll have to get windscreen wipers for my glasses :D

Have a great day :D

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,490
    Morning LoL and Marley,
    I got a couple of phone calls whilst I was typing my post and you both posted before I could submit my reply :thumb: