Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Morning GC-ites:thmb::D

Gonna be a good day for Banana Presents :D:D:D

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Is a clear throat really that much to ask for? How is it that one minor little blah on the scale of medical nasties can be so frustrating and constantly uncomfortable!

Well done Hel with insurance demons, and all the best to Bob! *hug*

Just sitting here preparing the Tesco online order with Tilly and Comet curled up in the corner of my desk. I swear this desk was designed for rat owners, 2 cubby holes where i can get fabric s****s to make their beds and they love watching mummy and nibbling little treats! Very useful tesco shoppers as well! :D

After that i really need to get on with my art work, i've promised many images to people so must bash on! May get brave and display some later.

Some friends were having a pumpkin growing contest which they're finishing at the end of the month, ideal for rat lovers as pumpkin seeds are fantastic to a rats diet and we get through them by the kilo. Really should think about setting up growing areas for rat veg out there, would save me a fortune!
    Pumpkins for seeds, curly kale, carrots, sunflowers for seeds...

endless list!

Take care all my lovely scrummie friends!

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Shiney although we were kind of lucky sun-wise yesterday boy was it windy I can well imagine how you struggled with the leaves.

Whiley I can just imagine you sitting at your desk with your little fur babies. Growing pumpkins for your little guys is a wonderful idea for next year I mean if they love pumpkin seed so much and they are allowed to eat them then it makes sense to have a bash at growing some. You will need a pretty big space for them as those pumpkins are monster plants kind of like the plant from 'The Little Shop Of Horrors' they just keep on growing and growing!

Thanx for your wishes regarding Bob but I think you may have guessed it by now the doctors are going to give him yet another med to add to his very long list this time it's iron although not the way 'us' ladies had it when we were pregnant but by the intravenous way!

On the plus side his kidney function from our last visit was back up to 19% and his potassium level (the one which is always a royal pain in the bum) was 4.2 so on that front all is well which is good to know.:wink:

We went to the movies yesterday afternoon to see Taken and was surprised how good it was one to pop on your 'to watch list' when it comes out on Sky on DVD.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning all,:thumb: Hel so glad Bob got on well at the hospital, know the potassium levels are one of the most difficult things for kidney patients.. Poor thing though having to have iron... I hate it & it makes me feel just awful, but I have to have it now too..!!! Sympathize with you Bob..!!!!:wink:

:thumb: You sound a bit chirpier today Whiley, hope it lats the weekend for you..!!!!:wink:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are up to.!

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,487
    Good morning everybody,

Helen, it good to hear that Bob is getting on OK :thumb:. Does he rattle with all those pills :)

I hope all of you are feeling well today :)

I managed to finish clearing the leaves yesterday :thmb: and I have just looked outside and need to start all over again as the trees have very kindly given me a present of more leaves :( :D

Have a great day :D

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,190
    :) Morning all.

It's grey here this morning, the solar lights are on and rain is forecast but it's still warm at 22 right now. Perhaps I needed have had to water last night ... oh well!

Think I will sort out clothes today .... always a problem with me. :D I'll get a bag ready for the charity shop ..... all of the charity shops here run by Brits mainly are for animals (cats, dogs and donkeys) but there a Portuguese one for people. :)

Hope you have a lovely today working up to the weekend. :thumb:

7. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,
    Feeling brighter every day thanks Marley! Yes Helen when i'm at my desk theres usually a furbaby cuddled up next to me.

Warning - RAT PHOTOS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My day is involving charity shop runs too LoL! Bagging up lots of stuff and off to charity shop, plus glass recycling is getting a overwhelming to hoard now so jamming it all in the car and sending Darren up the shops with it all.

Its autumn!!! I love autumn. Proper autumn, not that bit inbetween where its blah, no red leaves or dusky dewy smell, just no sunshine. Proper autumn is beautiful.

All the best today, got plenty of housework i need to make my way through before i can even think about sitting down with my art work.

8. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good morning all. Well my two cats here next to me, are chattering to get at those rats. And I have 7 more outside to assist.
    Coffee is good today. Working 1/2 day out, then home. Leaves are falling, crispy morning.
    Have a good one all.

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Morning all my friends its Saturday and I do hope that when you awake you will feel just great and ready to enjoy your day and don't forget wear your best smile :D Now take care and everyone stay safe :):thumb:

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,487
    Good morning woo and everyone,

The sun is just coming out so it will be another sunny and warm day.

I did a lot more clearing of leaves :( and seem to be running out of space to put them.

I've got a very busy weekend with fifteen people due to turn up here in the next hour as Mrs shiney is hosting an all day seminar. That means that I am on kitchen duty, providing hot drinks morning and afternoon and a hot lunch. I'll have to start the cooking soon :scratch: :).

I'll try and get a bit of gardening done in between.

Tomorrow I am organising a bridge tournament with 100 competitors. I shall have to prepare the hall at 10 a.m. - with help - and the tournament won't finish until 9.30 p.m.

have a great day :D

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Morning Woo Shiney & all, I hope you're seminar lunch & tomorrows tournament go well shiney..:thumb:

:thmb: Whiley glad to hear you are feeling stronger each day...!!! Keep it up girl..!!:wink::thmb:

:) Woo & everyone, have a smiley safe day & weekend too..!!:thmb:

12. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,190
    :) Good morning, folk.

It' a lovely sunny morning with a very slight breeze. The promised rain for yesterday did not arrive and I can't see it arriving today so I think I will remove some lower branches on the Jacarandas and prune the Solanum tree.

They are harvesting the oranges, which they do by hand .... I can hear the plop, plop in buckets. Perhaps I can get a pic from the deck.

Enjoy your day and weekend. :)

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,673
    Good morning all my friends:) Its 3am on this beautiful Sunday morning I just know that when you awake you will be as excited about this new day in front of us as I am:thmb: I shall go for our early morning walk about 4am with Gypsy and Penny (Tiny is away again over in Essex somewhere):DAfter our walk I have nothing planned so I am just going to drift through the Day :cool:,Oh That's after Mrs Woos Tea and Toast hand delivered of course:)
    then prepare the Vegetables for Sunday Lunch,You all have a lovely Day and please stay Safe:)

14. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning Woo hope you enjoyed your walk. My son in law had some good luck last sat and won over 2 grand on the lottery. They came round yesterday with prezzies for me, A beautiful big bunch of flowers, a printer and webcam for my computer and a new cordless phone!!! How generous he is. My daughter is a lucky girl and I'm a lucky mother in law.:thmb: 02

15. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo,02 and all,enjoy your walk Woo,well done 02 it's nice to share.