Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,still dark outside so no one will be out gardening until it gets light so hopefully you are all in bed asleep:thmb:

Redstar it wasn't only housework it was greenhouse work allotment and garden work to catch up on.I wish I could type fast as well then it wouldn't take me so long to write anything.Good job I am not trying to write a novel:lollol:

Heard from Mr K and on the news that a cancer patient has killed himself on the Hospital ward where my sister in law works.One report said it was a shotgun he used and another report said a pistol that had been smuggled in.Not much difference in size so surely they could report something right:cnfs:

O2 hope everything went ok with your hubby's treatment and Helen hope everything is ok for you and Bob

Hope everyone had a good day as well yesterday with all things you had going on:thumb:and hope you all have a great day:)

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning Woo Kandy & all, another dark old morning out there...
    :wink: Well kandy if you have all of your work done what are you going to do with yourself now then...!!??:wink:

:) I hope Mr O2 got on alright yesterday, not a nice thing to have to go through..

:thumb: Hel hope Bob is feeling better today..!

:( I thought it was so sad to hear of the cancer patient Kandy.. It makes you wonder what was going through that troubled mind to do that there.... Very sad indeed.. Hope your sis wasn't on that ward..!

:thumb: Well everyone, have a good day whatever you are doing on this dark dank old morning..!!

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Marley and all.

Lol Shiney I never even thought of that Bob Marley indeed that is a good'un!:lollol:

Marley I had thought that Bob might be full of beans (as well as iron) when it's 'drip time' but hearing how you went on fills me with dread another fellow down on the plots has also had the treatment and he didn't feel too good either after having it something about it stinging and feeling poorly with it, I guess we will have to wait and see how things go with Bob he's not started the treatment yet but he's getting ready for it.

Marley I do hope it isn't a case of 'The Gas man always rings twice' and that he really is seeing to your boiler and not anything else I mean people will talk and all!:D
    Seriously I do hope the bolier gets fixed nothing worst than a dodgy boiler when the weather turns cold.

02 you're nearly there not too long to go now with treatments for your beloved I do hope they all go very smoothly and soon enough you can enjoy a good nights rest without any night-time 'walks' from hubby.:wink:

Redstar a nice cup of tea or coffee is a fantastic way to start off the day I'm sure without our daily 'fix' we would all be very grumpy indeed!

Kandy how terrible about the shooting incidence goodness knows how that happened and why he would want to shoot himself in a hospital of all places? I suppose it's a blessing no one else was hurt because usually so many innocent people get hurt just being in the worng place at the wrong time. I can't imagine how your poor s-i-l managed to cope with the whole thing she must be a real trooper.

Well I have to admit although Bob and I are slowing down some what down on the allotments some many people want to help us out it's a real struggle trying to tell them we are ok and we will get there in the end...me thinks they want to help because they have all heard I have a kettle down there! but it's really lovely to sit down and have a nice chat with them all over a warm drink...life is good!:wink: Hel.xxx.

4. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Hel... Just missed you I think... :dh: Yes I forgot to say, the gas man did come... Luckily not like in Flanders & Swan.. :D Do you know Shiney, whenever I say "the gas man is coming"... I always think of that Flanders & Swan song.... Also think of "Mud Mud Glorious Mud" when Charley dog gets all mired up...!!!!!:lollol:They were a great duo...!:)

:help: Hel I hope Bob doesn't have a reaction to the iron as well.. They say as many people have nasty reactions, as those that get on fine with it..!!:scratch: So very much, luck of the draw I think..!!! Gotcha in my prayers Bob that all is fine with you & the iron......:wink::)

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    :) Good morning world!

The sun is breaking up the cloud. Had some good showers yesterday afternoon/evening ... fortunately after I finished pruning.

Off and about today ... have a good one everyone.

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning everybody,

One of the disabled people that I look after has the iron injections once every 6 - 8 weeks and always feels much better for it :thumb: - except she is worn out from having to be picked up at 7 a.m. by the hospital transport and not returned home until 5 p.m. :(

Kandy, I used to type slowly until I started writing my guidebooks. Then I soon learnt to speed up :thmb:. Otherwise I would never have got them done.

Woo, keep well :)

Marley, don't forget 'The Honeysuckle and the Bindweed' :D

have a great day :D

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,482
    Hi LoL, missed your posting as I was making Mrs shiney a cuppa inbetween typing mine. Have a good day :luv:

8. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello everyone, hope you all are doing fine despite the "dark old" weather!
    windy and cloudy here too, but doesn't matter, the first day of having our two horses with us, very exciting.

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning all my friends Hope that you are all feeling OK this Morning,Its a Wednesday two week days behind us and two to go before the weekend which will be here before we can say Gardeners Corner:)Everyone have a lovely day and Please stay safe:)

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and all,nice to see you keeping your pecker up Woo you too have a lovely safe day.:thumb:

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning all another new day dawning.As usual lots to do today so hope you all have a good one:)

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut, Kandy and all.

Marley I do hope Bob strikes lucky with the injections, Shiney it's nice to know your friend feels better for having them and it's just the early wake-up call and the very long day that wears her out not the injections themselves.

We was down on the plot yesterday talking to the guys down there and was very surprised to learn that when the guys were working their wifes would stay in bed all warm and cosy while the men folk would get themselves off to work and make their own lunch and their first cuppa of the day too. They seem to be amazed of my very traditional ways i.e. a woman's/ mother's place is at home and waiting on her men folk needless to say I play 'mother' to them all handing out cuppas and having a little chat.

Maybe I'm going to get some stick for this but I do like to play 'mum' to everyone, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I for one wouldn't have it any other way..... needless to say after hearing about the other guy's wifes Bob knows now he is a very lucky guy indeed!:D

Hope you all have a lovely day no matter what you are doing and go on be a devil make someone smile today after all it doesn't cost a thing and it makes both you and the other person feel pretty fantastic!:wink: Hel.xxx.

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Woo Walnut Kandy & Hel... I have a friend who has iron injections as he has Pernicious Aneamia & yes he always feels better & full of beans afterwards too...!!! Lets hope it has that affect on Bob too...:)

:thmb::D Hel I get up at 5.30 am to make sandwiches & lunchboxes up!!! Then cook breakfasts.....!!! Always have & always will.....:)
    :( Sadly I too have friends who do not get up early in the mornings & husbands do it all themselves in the mornings.....:scratch: I couldn't do that, but up to them I suppose.......:wink::)

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are up too...!!

14. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I used to be a lot better in the mornings, but since stopping smoking I've stopped leaping out of bed to go outside and light up first thing (I know, disgusting:(). Now I lie in bed and enjoy having a cuppa brought to me by OH who gets up for work earlier than I do :)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning everyone :thumb:

It is lovely and sunny out there but also pretty frosty.

Mrs shiney and I always used to get up at the same time as we were both working. Very little breakfast and no sarnies :). Now, I get up any time between 5.30 and 7 whilst Mrs shiney gets up about 8 a.m. - but we rarely go to bed before 1 a.m. I creep around and sort out all our email accounts and deal with my emails before she wakes up. Then I give her a warm drink in bed and carry on on-line. A good routine that is only spoiled by occassionally having early callers. :thumb: :) Phone calls start coming in from 8.30 onwards :(

It's a messy type of day today as I have to go to the surgery this morning then a meeting, physio this afternoon and do the shopping on the way home. Then a lot of paperwork before I go out tonight. Tough life, ain't it :D

have a great day :D