Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Morning everyone another Bonus of a Day in front of us in this beautiful season of Autumn
    you all take care and please stay safe:thumb::)

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning woo and everybody,

It looks like another bright morning :thumb: :)

I think I shall do some mowing and leafing today and maybe a bit of pruning. I'm feeling a bit lazy so may change my mind :D

Have a great day :D

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Shiney and all.

Marley thank goodness you're a very traditional lady I thought I was from a lost era looking after my men folk as I do. There's bound to be people who don't believe in the way my household is run.I like things how they are as I'm sure Bob does and the boys too; breakfasts cooked, lunches packed and shirts ironed and alls good in our little household!:D

It's Thursday so it's a movie later on..... I do hope it's a good'un.

Have a nice day guys and may the sun shine where ever you are.:wink: Hel.xxx.

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,haven't been up long so I can already see that these dark morning are having a problem with my sleep patterns:(

Anyway,hope everything is going well with all the treatment going on at the moment for some of you,oh and Mr Kandy has a stinking cold that he has picked up from somewhere so he feels under the weather again.:p

Managed to get the lawns mowed yesterday despite nearly getting blown over to the strong wind and I have just seen on the BBC1 weather that snow is forecast for Northern Scotland so it is on its way down to us ready for Christmas:thmb:

Well I have to go and get me porridge on and my mug of tea then I have a pile of ironing to do as well as some general tidying up.Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Kandy & everyone.. A dark wet old morning out there today..! Hel there has to be a few of us traditionalists left here & there... :wink: It's so much easier in the long run anyway...!!:dh::lollol:

:thumb: I hope Mr Kandy feels better soon.... Think you had better put him on the old Vits for the winter Kandy... I expect his resistance is still low from giving up the old weed & then his last little bout of illness as well....:wink::) Never a good thing to start the winter with a cold I always think....:thmb: Wish him well from me...

:thmb: Well have a great day everyone, whatever you are up to..!

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Marley and all.

Oh Kandy poor Mr.K. he does seem to be getting quite a few bouts of flu of late doesn't he? I'm sure with your love and care he'll be fighting fit pretty soon fingers crossed that this is so.:)

Snow for Christmas? how wonderful would that be but I always think if it's going to snow on Christmas day then its really got to be a couple of inches so I can make a snowman with the little'uns but to be honest I would settle with just enough for a snowball fight with Bob.:D

Well hopefully the weather's going to be good and if so it's a full day down the plot for us so we can really enjoy ourselves and do some work and enjoy great company, I'm pretty sure once again I'll be playing mum to all the guys down there!:wink:

Have a lovely day peeps.Hel.xxx

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Marley and Hel,Thankyou for your kind words:) Mr K was up in Birmingham on a works course and travelled up there by train.He was saying that the train was full of people coughing and sneezing and then one day the train was delayed for 1 1/2 hours due to a problem with the doors so had to stand on the platform in the freezing cold until the train arrived.:(

Yes you are right Marley his resistence is low after having the man flu the other week and also giving up the pipe he seems to be catching everything around.It is strange but when he smoked he never caught a cold or flu it was me that got those but since he has packed up he has all the bugs yet I am clear,though I usually am alright until Christmas and then I go down with everything going.:(

Helen we like the snow and it is a bonus when we find some.I always feel sorry for the people in hot countries round xmas time because it is nice when it is dry and cold over here rather than wet and damp,but to have hot weather on Christmas day wouldn't make me feel like it was Christmas because I can still remember the white Christmas's from my childhood,but then perhaps it is just me:p Good Luck down on the plot.I was over there Wednesday getting loads done but it was blowing a gale yesterday and was freezing cold so I stayed in the warm:thmb:

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :scratch: No idea why Kandy, but smokers very often don't get bugs like non smokers... Maybe it is all that tar smoke in their noses etc that keeps the bugs away...:euw::lollol: Now they can...!!!! He will build up an immunity soon I am sure..:thumb:

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, Mrs shiney and I wish Mr K lots better.

It rained in the night and as I didn't get around to do the mowing yesterday it shall have to wait until next week.

Although I said I felt lazy yesterday, that isn't the reason I didn't get the mowing done. My camera has started giving me trouble :( and it is not worth the expense of getting it fixed - minimum price £120 :mad:.

It must have heard me talking to Kandy, Mr K and SteveR about getting another camera and decided to go on strike :D. So I was researching a new camera. Decided what I wanted and then shopped around online and by phone for the best price. I then contacted my local camera shop and they agreed to better the best price so I popped up there and got it :thmb:.

It's a Panasonic Lumix FZ18 and I hope to be able to improve my photos now as there is actually a good zoom on it :). It has so many features that it is going to take me ages to read up on them :scratch:. I needed to get it as we go on holiday soon and have to practice with it.

Our pheasants have come back now that the autumn is here and the crops have been harvested. Mrs shiney saw three males together on our lawn yesterday. The females always appear early in the moring and the males come along later. I suppose the females have to get the breakfast ready :lollol:

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Marley a friend of ours packed up smoking over 25 years ago and he said that as soon as he gave up the weed he got every bug going.Perhaps the scientists could use some of the chemicals found in tobbaco to use to enable us all to fight off these horrible bugs.:thmb:

Shiney,Thankyou for yours and Mrs Shiney's kind words.We seem to keep missing each other in the mornings because I am a Lark and you are and Owl so to speak:lollol:though at the moment I am struggling to go to sleep at night then can't get up in the mornings.I dread to think what I am going to be like next week after the clocks go back an hour:(

I managed to get out for an hour or so yesterday afternoon and got all my lawns mown so hopefully that is it now until the Spring.

Glad to hear you got a new camera sorted.I think a few peeps on here have the one you have just bought though yours is probably the latest spec.Hope you enjoy reading the manual and taking lots of nice piccy's:thmb:

Hope you and Mrs Shiney have a good day.:)

11. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Day all. A little foggy over here, our first frost last night. Leaves everywhere, more work.
    Easier day today, I hope. Hopefully I can do some garden work, but house work is calling too.
    Never ending. Have a great day all.

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning all my friends its another Saturday and the start of the Weekend and just to add more great news you are free to do just what you chose to do:)So everyone enjoy today and and please stay safe:):)

:thmb:THE CLOCKS GO BACK THIS WEEK END:thmb:

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and everyone, must remember to put my clock back this weekend,have a great weekend everyone

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Rosa and all.

Note to self 'Must remember to put the clocks back tonight' can't afford to miss that extra hours sleep!:thumb:

Have a lovely weekend guys and remember don't work yourself too hard.:wink: Hel.xxx.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning woo, rosa, Helen and everyone,

Looks as though it will be another lovely day once the frost has gone. :thumb:

Kandy, why am I on here before you today :scratch: :D

I've been getting quite confused whilst reading the handbook for my new camera :scratch:. I suppose I should have the camera in front of me whilst reading it :dh: