Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Look out for you on your broomstick Hel. when your trying it out.:D

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,481
    Don't worry walnut, I think Helen keeps a well serviced broomstick in the hall for everyday use :wink: :D :D :D :D

I'm just starting to come to grips with my new camera.

Couldn't zoom in this close with the old one.

[​IMG]

Oscar helping with some leaves.

[​IMG]

Have a great day :D

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Morning everyone its another Bonus of a day in front of us hope you all have a lovely and Safe Day:)

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone.Had a busy day yesterday so didn't get on here until late:)

Helen I am sure you will have a great time at the end of the week.I must remember to get some sweeties because we usually get a few come round and if their mums say it's ok then I take photos of them because I think the little ones are so cute in their little costumes:thmb:

Nice to see the snow yesterday although it didn't stay long here,better luck next time:cool:

Woo,it will be nice for Tiny to see some snow and you will probably lose bother her and her mum in it.You will only see the brown patches moving through the snow.Tina used to love it and when we threw snowballs she used to jump up and catch them in her mouth:scratch:

Shiney,lovely photos of the pheasant and Oscar.We could do with one of your pheasants to clear up the seed that the birds drop from our feeders onto the grass.I am sure you will soon get the hang of it:lollol:

Hope you all have a great day:)

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Walnut, Shiney we are now living in the modern age my loyal broomstick is now for decoration use only, when I go out for a midnight fly I now ride a super charged Dyson.....those ball ones are pretty good for taking corners really fast!:D

I had a go at making broomsticks yesterday but couldn't find the best twigs to use so I have made some 'trees' which I am going to paint the trunks black to give them that eerie look.

Shiney stunning photos the one of the cuddly Oscar doing aerobics is truly lovely it looks like you have got the hand of your camera already so it must be true you do really read the instructions!:wink::D

Kandy you are correct we tend to enjoy Halloween so very much our little visitors are at first a little scared to come past out house as we put on scary music but we do try and make sure that's the only scary thing about our house all the decorations are very funny scary not horror scary if you get my meaning? Although I do have to behave myself to make sure I don't get too much in character because I don't want to scare the little ones.

Oh Kandy you were so very lucky to get a touch of snow it still excites me and another thing about it is that with a dusting of snow everyones plots look the same!:D Hel.xxx.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,481
    Good morning Kandy, Helen and everybody,

Kandy, Oscar says hello :). If you want to come down this way you can take some of the pheasants back with you :thumb:

Helen, Oscar says hello to you as well and says that witches broomsticks are made from a main stem of hazel and the brush is made of birch. He knows these things as he is a black (and white) cat :D

Have a great day everyone :D

7. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning all my friends you all have a lovely day and please stay safe,Happy Birthday Helen enjoy your Day:thumb::)

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone it's a lovely day out there this morning so hopefully will be dry:)

Helen hope you have a very nice day with lots of cards and prezzies and I hope you spend it somewhere nice with Bob and the boys:thmb:

Shiney can you say Hi to Oscar from me as well.No probs with the Pheasants as I have one walking on one of my allotment plots and if we had one on the lawn then Willow would soon make a meal of it:p...By the way forgot to say when we were up in the Lakes in September we saw loads of your books in Booths but never saw one in Hay's so either they are selling like hot cakes there or they no longer stock them:wink:

Hope you all enjoy your day in whatever you get up to:)

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Thanx for the birthday wishes Woo and Kandy I'm sure my guys will look after me today :wink:

Shiney lol about the broomsticks I just had to use what I could get hold of from down on the allotments I'ave painted the 'trees' black now and they look pretty cool although I still need Bob to go up in the attic today.Hel.xxx.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,481
    Good morning woo, Kandy, Helen and everyone,

Happy birthday Helen. Have a great one :thmb: :luv:

Kandy, I'll pass on your message to Oscar when he decides to wake up. Some days he doesn't get up until mid-afternoon :D. Thanks for the info about the book. I don't think the wholesalers bother to call into Hayes anymore. Next time I'm up there I'll pop in to Hayes if I'm passing and drop them off. It's not worth me even making a detour to go there if I'm not passing as I don't make much on each book :(.

We've not heard any noise in the loft since yesterday morning so shall go up there and see whether the poison has worked. Then I shall have to go and get expanding foam to fill in the hole and something to finish it off with.

have a great day :D

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Good Morning everyone, I hope life is treating you all kindly...!:thmb:

:thmb: I have my grandchildren here this week so not around much as we are doing things..!!! Great fun & I love it.. They do wear you out though..!!!:dh::lollol: I shall certainly be ready for my hols next week & some nice warm sunshine...!!!!!:thumb:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are up to..!! And Hel have a great day..!:thmb:

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Thank you Shiney & Marley.:luv:

Happy Halloween peeps!
    [​IMG]

Well I just couldn't sleep so thought I would get up and have a nice drink of tea and just maybe I'll get lucky and have a nap in a bit, after all I have a very big day ahead of me today and I still need Bob to go up in the attic for my lights!:dh:
    Hel.xxx.

13. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning Helen and all my other friends .Helen glad you enjoyed your day yesterday,Its a Friday the day before the weekend :)what a great feeling a Friday is :)This is one of Busiest days of the year for an owl everyone wants me to sit outside there house tonight and go twit -a-Woo for a couple of hours(what a hoot):lollol:you all have a great day and night and stay safe:)

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone hope you all had a decent nights sleep.I had a good night but had some strange dreams:snz:

Shiney we always visit Hayes when we are up that way.I think it is an addiction as we are gardeners so always like to visit GC's and nurseries to see what is on offer:lollol:Good luck with the DIY and if you need any help just shout:D

Helen Good Luck with tonight.Some of the village re in our village had orange lights round their porches and the lanterns were already lit ready for tonight.I have got my sweeties ready.:thmb: Our Pop In shop had a ploice sign up at the till yesterday saying that Flour and eggs would not be sold to children under the age of 16 I think it was but I thought it would have been the older kids who got up to the nasty side of it.

Woo wrap up warm tonight and don't get a chill:)

Marley hope you enjoy your hols next week after having your Grandchildren for the week:)

Well I popped into town yesterday and got a load of my Xmas prezzies,wrapping paper and cards so spent some time wrapping them up and putting them away.I like to get started early as I don't like the crowds as it gets nearer the time.We are going to give Mr Kandy's dad some money this year because all the prezzies we bought him and my MIL over the last 28 years either got put up into the loft and never used or recycled back to me for my birthday{vouchers} so with the money he can recycle it into his savings account:)

Hope you all have a great day and hope I havn't bored you too much:thmb:

15. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,098
    :)Have a good weekend everybody:thumb:

[​IMG]