Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Woo Kandy & everyone, just got a quiet 5 mins.. Kandy we are having a great time, but i am looking forward to that holiday now with some sunshine & warmth..... :D

:help: We had no heating yesterday as my boiler gave out yet again..!!! It only has to get round into next year, but I am not sure....! Seems to be going down hill fast now.... 10pm last night we had heating again...!!!! Ah bliss this morning as that wind is soooo cold..!!!!!:wink::D What a loverly gas man..!!!!!:D

:thmb: Anyway, everybody have a great day, whatever you are doing..!

[​IMG] Have a happy Halloween everyone, whatever you are up to... We are all going out for a big family meal instaed..!!! Yea..!!!!

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,480
    Good morning everybody :thumb:

Helen, I hope you managed a nap and are all ready for your Halloween :)

Woo, you don't need to sit outside my place as I won't be in :D

Kandy, Christmas presents :scratch:, what are they? Bah, Humbug!! :D :lollol:. We'll be somewhere in Cambodia on Christmas Eve :) - not sure how they celebrate it :scratch:

Roders, I like your sunflower :thumb:

Marley, I'm pleased you have got your heating working again. Will you be in Jamaica for Christmas? :)

have a great weekend :D

3. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :dh: Ooh I wish Shiney, but sadly not.... Just for November..... I couldn't miss my grand children at Xmas anyway as much as I would love to be in the sunshine..!!!:dh::D

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning everyone Its the weekend again I do hope that you are all feeling OK ,we can do anything we choose(within reason) its good to be free isn't it:) anyway everyone have a lovely weekend and all please stay safe:)

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Good morning Woo & everyone.. It's Saturday.. 2 days to go & I am off to the sunshine... Yea....!!!:dh::D

:thumb: I hope you are all well & looking forward to the weekend..!!! Have just set up the votes threads & am now off with the dog for a nice walk...!!!:)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are up too..!

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Marley and all.

Marley if your heating is going to break down you can bet it's always on one of the coldest days of the year, I'm really glad for you sweetie that your heating started to work again nothing worst than walking about your house in half a dozen jumpers and four pairs of socks I know it's like the old days but not all of them was the 'Good old days'. Anyway next week you will not need any heating more like air conditioning you lucky thing have a great time Marley.:wink:

Lol Kandy would you believe if I started this years Christmas shopping earlier on in the year with the January sales I thought I would have a really good start and keep adding to the gifts through out the year only problem come May I had other things to think about and totally forgot about the Christmas gifts never mind at least I have not got to start from scratch!:dh:

Well Bob and I started to trim up the outside of the house just after dinner time yesterday and it's a good job we did as in next to no time it was rolling on to 4pm, the broomsticks that ended up like 'trees' did look really well and I intend to do the same next year, I did make one mistake and forgot to charge my camera batteries so no matter how I tried I just couldn't take any photos' those cheap batteries you buy for a couple of quid hasn't the juice to fire up a digi cam!:(

I'm sad to write it was a very poor year for the monsters as hardly anyone got into the spooky spirit of things on our small estate very few people opened their doors but on the bright side Bob and I got plenty of complements about our wonderful display not to mention the delights from all about the amount of different loot there was to be had from us.

We had a visit from a very giggly dad who dressed up along with his children and he made a stunning Phantom of The Opera and for his troubles he got a lollipop and boy did he love that!
    Bob even had one little toddler come into our house who wanted to stay with him the little chap's mother was really grateful for our display and gifts I think we made their night hopefully all with come back next year and maybe tell their friends to come along too.

Well all the decorations have been taken down until next year and I can't wait until then bigger and better with loads of giggles!Hel.xxx.

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Woo and everyone 'Happy November 1st' Pinch Punch and all that goes with it.:)

Had a good night with the trick or treaters and got some good photos of some of them:thmb:My neighbours four year old banged on the letterbox{to short to ring the bell} and when I opened the door she shouted at the top of her voice 'Trick or Treat' so I replied I will have the treat thanks and promptly stuck my hand in her bag for the treat.Hers and her friends faces were a picture and she quickly clamped the bag shut with my hand inside:lollol:I have never seeen children so possessive of a few sweets:D Anyway,I got my hand back in the end and after saying a few words to her dad who was standing without a coat on shivering on the pavement opposite,they went on their merry way and I went in to tell Mr Kandy who was chuckling away:lollol:

Roders,love your Smiley face:thmb: Marley with your pumpkins and cat ,and Helen with your bat:)

Well,I hope you all have a great weekend because I know I will:thumb:

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen sounds like you had a great time.He are three of the photos that I took..
    I thought this warewolf was very good
    [​IMG]
    The little girl from over the road{on the left} and her friends..
    [​IMG]
    And I thought this skeleton was also good..
    [​IMG]

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Oh well,I can't delete the wrong photo so here is the proper one instead..
    [​IMG]

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,480
    Good morning everybody,

I'm pleased you enjoyed your Halloween. :)

Nice photos Kandy :thumb:

I just had the very enjoyable (not) job of helping the man clean out our cesspool. :( The modern plastic clothes pegs don't fit on your nose like the old wooden ones used to :D :D :D. We have the job done early in the morning so the smell goes before people get out into their gardens - or open their windows.

I'm going to have another shower now :thmb: :D

Have a great day :D

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Great Photos Kandy...!:thmb: Certainly looks like they all had a great time.....:dh: Sorry your camera batteries were flat Hel... How could you..!!!:lollol::rotfl: Just the sort of thing I do...!!!!:help::lollol:

12. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Morning all. Those pics so cute, Kandy. Hope everyone had a nice Halloween. Weather here was nice for it. The neighborhood kids did their rounds. Seemed a little less this year than last. Perhaps some were in the city celebrating the Phili win, the parade and all. TV showed such crowds.
    Well in a few days our election as you all know. Wondering if the lines will be long for this one, I expect so. Have a feeling more people will vote this time than ever before, just because of the selection given us. Don't ask me that question.

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends Hope that you are all on top of the world when you awake this Lovely Sunday Morning,Its been raining here non stop for for hours so its on with the wet gear for my walk with Gypsy and Penny
    this morning,everyone have a lovely Sunday and all stay safe.:)

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,480
    Good morning woo and everyone,

It rained occasionally yesterday and the ground is damp now but it is beautifully sunny and a lot milder than during the week :thumb:

Woo, I hope you and enjoyed your walk and Gypsy and Penny didn't wear you out :thmb:

I hope all of you have this good weather and enjoy your Sunday :)

Have a great day :D

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Shiney and all.

Dear Woo we have been 'blessed' with none stop rain too but I'm afraid I'm not as brave as you and your two girls I think I'll stay in until it clears up some what if not it's welly time me thinks!:D

Kandy lovely photos of your visiting little monsters (note to self; remember to charge them blooming batteries for next halloween!) most of our visitors wore some outstanding outfits too but very few of ours wore coats the poor little dears must have got frozen but boy did their little smiles warm your heart!:)

Shiney did you really give yourself a good wash in that shower? because I'm sure I can smell something bog like :cnfs: Oh sorry it's not you just one of my aged Yorkies when you get as old as them you tend to get a little wind! :lollol::D

Redstar I'm sure you are correct I truely think more people will vote with your coming election. I think your country is heading for a change, a new era and I for one know who I would want in the White House.

Well today Bob and I have the task of looking for a chair for our gaming mad son Harry but he doesn't want a computer chair but an office waiting room kind of chair with some padding goodness knows where I'll find one of them maybe Ikea? Wish me luck in my quest.

Marley remember them batteries for your hols.:wink: Hel.xxx.