Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,bit late getting on here this morning although I have ben up six 6am due to our cat and an interloper having a fight so had to get up and sort them out:( and have now been sitting here podding my runner bean seeds before they go manky ready to dry off the beans.They wouldn't go brown on the plants so have had to do it this way,which takes time.

Shiney we had rain yesterday on and off and it was very cold but last night it threw it down and it doesn't look too bright out there this morning.:p

Woo,try not to get too wet out there,wouldn't want you to get a nasty chill.

Helen good luck with the chair hunt.We have one of those with wheels on the bottom of it's legs but every time I stand on it,it starts moving across the carpet so don't get on it that often...

Redstar I do hope your Country gets the right man for the job.I won't say who I think might just win it,but we will all have to wait and see.:thumb:

Mr Kandy will be watching the grand Prix this afternoon and I do hope that Hamilton wins it,then we might get some peace from the media speculators,though if he loses we won't here the last of it any way.:D

Right,see you later,just of to check me babies and to get the dinner sorted.Hope you all have a nice peaceful,restful day.:)

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    :) Good morning all.

I've not been around much lately and we have been inundated with visitors, both staying with us and not. The end is in sight mid December. s00k

We went to the Superbike World Championships qualifying races yesterday at the new â?¬20 million stadium they have constructed here, about 30-40 minutes from us. Just as they started the qualifying, the heavens opened up ... it was dry two miles up the road. The current champion is in pole position for today and we are off shortly to watch it ..... fortunately it is sunny and 13 degrees at the moment. :thumb: In two weeks Lewis Hamilton will arrive to do his training at this new track followed by other F1 teams as they will use it for their winter training. There is talk that they may, just may include this track in future races. :thmb:

So, I hope you all have a good day whatever you may be doing and that all your freaky weather goes elsewhere .... not to me though! :D

3. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning everyone, hope you all have alovely day. 02

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, having a busy old day today as off to the sunshine in the morning...!!! Yea,,,!!:thumb: I have my house sitter organised as I am having some more work done to the house... So just hope the weather isn't too awful for them.!:dh:

:thmb: jjdecay is going to take care of the comps for me while I am gone, so shall pop in as & when I can to see who wins... :)

:thmb: Take care everyone & have a good time whatever you may be doing while I am way..!!

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Marley,
    Hope you have a very good holiday.I expect you will have Good weather and you will be able to relax and recharge your batteries in readyness for the Xmas onslaught.:)

Have a safe journey there and back and will see you when you get back.

Take Care from the Kandy Family:luv:

6. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Day all. I was busy down loading more cat pic. Lady of L. you have house guest until December, oh my, hope they are good guests.
    Yes, Kandy, I also hope the right man is voted into the office also.
    Marley, have a good trip.
    Probably will spend most my day outside, its a beautiful fall day, the leaves are so pretty, but falling fast.

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone hope you all had a good nights kip.:)

Had rain for most of yesterday so wasn't able to get out either into the garden or over to the allotment.Quiet a miserable day in fact weatherwise.:(

Still won't be long and we will be seeing a lot of the houses lit up with all the Christmas decorations which will be nice:p

Well I hope you all have a great day and hope the weather is kind to you all:)

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, just shot in quick before I leave... Thanks for the good wishes everyone.... I hope you all keep well & I will see you all in a few weeks...:thumb:

:thmb: Have a good day & take care everyone..!! Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Marley and all.

Marley happy hols sweetheart and may you return into our fold safe and sound, have a nice time darling.:thumb:

Lol I'm sure even with all the guests you have been enjoying the company but no doubt too looking forward to when the house returns to just you and hubby.:wink:

Well we did manage to get a chair for our 'baby' although we will have to see if it ticks all the right boxes I have told him not to worry if he is not happy with it as we managed to pick one up from a clearance centre for the outrageous price of £10.
    I had throught we would have to pay around the £150 mark to say Bob's relieved is an understatement!:D

Kandy although Bob and I go the whole hog for Halloween believe it or not we don't decorate the outside of our house maybe will when we have grandchildren but until then the decorations stay indoors!

I must confess I haven't been down to the allotment for at least four days or so which for me is a record although to be honest there isn't much to be done now the paddocks are into the final furlong and are looking amazing.Hel.xxx.

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,480
    A belated good morning to you all,

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny and warm day. With a temperature of 15C, sunshine and no wind it felt very warm when we were walking in the forest. We enjoyed it so much in the morning that we just went home for lunch and then went to the forest again. :thumb:

Helen, that sounds like a good buy with that chair. If he doesn't like it, do you have a Staples (office shop) anywhere near you? Our one sells dozens of different type chairs. By the way, the smell has gone. :D

Kandy, chairs are for sitting on :wink: :wink:

Red, your cats are lovely :thmb:

LoL, we occasionally have friends staying but I don't think we could put up with people for more than a few days at a time. :scratch: :D

Have a great day :D

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Good morning, all. :)

It's a lovely morning here with a slight breeze.

Red and shiney ... all these visitors are not staying with me, thank goodness!. It began in mid August when friends came for two weeks. As they left on the Tuesday, another group arrived on the Thursday for two weeks. A couple of weeks later my sister and brother-in-law arrived for five weeks but the three weeks in between they were at hotels in coastal resorts. Overlapping with them was our cousin and his wife. The cousins left on Thursday and my Sis and b-in-law on Friday as we were leaving for the airport to pick up a friend and his son ... we will take them back to the airport this Friday. On the 11th more friends arrive for a month ... they have an apartment here where one of ours is. When people are here and not staying with us we tend to visit each other several times a week so there's lots of to-ing and fro-ing .... this is in between getting together with our friends who live here. We have two days free at the moment so I shall relax and read .... that is after I get the wash on the line.

Hope everyone has a nice day and enjoy! :)

12. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Day all. First work day time change, nicer to get up with the sun than dark.
    So Lady of L., I may have missed it, what is the event or events that your house is a revolving door, and a flop house (smile), for all these weeks. You must have a very warm inviting home, its obvious your the main reason. I'll have to check my schedule and book a week at your house.

Glad those who saw the pics that you liked my cats, I love each of them. Have two more pics to up load, have to get pics of them. When we are away on vacation for a week or two, and I come back, I look to make sure all is accounted for, (all nine). I have a wonderful neighbor who comes over twice a day to set the food out and retrieve it at night. If its left out at night, it invites the nocturnal creatures to eat the rest and then hang out on the deck--not a good thing.

Yesterday, went down to the bottom of the driveway to check my huge pine tree, I put white lights on it for Christmas every year, in checking all the light strings are not working, so they have to all come down and I have to start again. Last year it took me a week for my body to get over all that ladder climbing, securing the lights on the branches and all. (age). So I contacted a tree guy for assistance.
    Also the tree now is so tall, usually I only do the lights up to 3/4 of it, would love them all the way up.
    So I will get help this year. I am only a wonder women most of the time, and for this, its time, I say, thats it no more. It does look pretty when lit. The road I am on is curvy so at one of the curves the tree is very obvious to cars.
    Well almost 7AM, have to get on with my day. Have a good one.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,wet and murky here this morning so won't be doing any gardening today,though I must ring my leaf man to find out whether there is this years leaves ready to collect.I usually pass his house on the way to the allotment and last week before the snow there wasn't many down.I also collect his neighbours leaves either side of him so at the end of it there are usually between 50-70 dustbin bags ready for composting:euw: Hope me poor back stands up to it but at least I will have some lovely leaf mould like the stuff I have in my bags at the moment.:)

Well I hope you all have a great day in all that you do.I expect this will be you today Shiney:mwlwn::plant:

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Redstar, Kandy and alll.

Yes Shiney we do have a Staples store near us we visited that shop first but they didn't have the ones our son wanted, he wants one of those conference chairs. I think it's because they use that type at the computer gaming parties he attends.

Lol so many guests surely with all the journeys to and fro to the airport you must feel like a taxi driver!:D

Good luck sorting out your tree lights Redstar I am sure it looks really pretty lit up.

Kandy I'll leave collecting leaf mould for another year because we have other bags of 'stuff' piled nice and neatly in The Paddocks to rot down but maybe next year we will give it a go.:thmb:

Well yesterday seems to be a day of suffering from muscular strains and boy did it hurt! What is so silly about it all I was doing the most normal stuff when they happened the first one was when I got up from my chair I pulled a calf muscle that ended with me doing a fine Igor impression and the other 'pull' when I was in bed (no not bedroom aerobics :D) when I leaned over to switch off the bedside lamp! As you can see when it rains it pours!:D Hel.xxx.

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,480
    Good morning Kandy, Helen and everyone,

Kandy, :) it is dry again today and I shall get a little gardening done before I have to go out after lunch. I've started to tidy up the flower beds inbetween clearing leaves. We don't bag our leaves - too much bending and extra work :(. It takes the leaves much longer to rot down by putting them on the compost heaps but I don't mind that. I have filled two heaps that are about 6' x 4' each and are now about 4' high (after bashing down a bit). I also burn quite a lot of willow leaves because there are much too many twigs and branches in them for me to sort them out.

Helen, Wish you lots better :thumb: :)

Have a great day :D