Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,186
    Good morning all. :)

It's a beautiful autumnal morning here .... the only downside is that because everything is evergreen around me there are no shades of gold and red. :(

It's called wall-to-wall sunshine, both outside my home and inside it, red. Helen, it's only the current father and son who don't have a car, but they do have a home here so we have loaned them one of our cars. All others rent cars .... except my Sis (Kedi-Gato) who drove down from Germany and our cousins and Sis and hubby helped with the ferrying around there. :thumb: I had one e-mail this morning and it was from a friend who lives here asking when we were getting together? I need a rest ....

Have a wonderful day everyone, whatever you may be doing. :)

2. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Morning all.
    Checked out LOLeisure, where you live, I heard it is just beautiful there, maybe one day.

When I get my tree lights done, I'll get a pic. over here.

Well, have a good day all.

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends well its finally ceased raining and i am

able to get into the garden ,the water has drained away,hope that you all have a good day and please stay safe:thumb::)

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,

Had a dry day yesterday though everywhere was still saturated after all the heavy rain of previous days:p

Made a phone call yesterday and then went over to start collecting the leaves that has fallen. bags full of leaves and Had to do four trips down to my plots and have now filled two of the large builders bags with them.The leaves were quiet wet so they will start rotting down nicely but my back suffered a bit lifting the dustbin bags into the back of Myrtle:)

Helen hope you feel better soon,but if you are able to get some leaves do so because the sooner they start breaking down the sooner you will have lovely leaf mould that can be used on both the lottie and the garden:thmb:

Red,glad to see the right man has got into the Whitehouse,lets just hope that he lives long enough to put all his plans into action and make America a good place to live.It's been a long time coming:thmb:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do.:)

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning woo, Kandy and everyone,

Got a lot to do today and don't really feel like it :(. My arms, shoulders and back are all achy and shaky from overdoing things. I cut back 120ft length of hawthorn trees yesterday as they were obstructing the access path behind a row of council houses in a town nearby. The path is used by someone I help who uses a mobility scooter to get to the back of his house.

I had persuaded the council that it needed doing and that the uneven path surface needed remaking (concrete is breaking up) and it is now on their schedule. Unfortunately it is scheduled for a few weeks time and I decided that he couldn't wait that long for the tree branches to be cut back. It was harder work than I thought (my loppers were a bit too big and heavy for all that work) but good exercise :thumb:.

I'm just going out to the garden to clear some leaves before I have to go to a meeting. Bit of a coincidence :), just got a phone call saying meeting is cancelled. :thmb:

Have a great day :D

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Shiney and all.

Lol that's real nice of your sister to help ferry people about as I'm sure there's always something to talk about playing taxi driver and views to point out.:wink:

Woo I'm so glad you don't have to worry about finishing your ark and lets hope you don't have to go back to that project!:D Seriously though Woo I'm really pleased your garden is no longer a flood zone.

Kandy I will have to see about the leaves but it might have to be put on the back burner for now because at the moment there is a full out war going on down at the allotment to see who is fast enough to get all of the free horse poop that gets dropped off for us all to share....it appears to bring out the worst in people.

Shiney I do hope you had armour on as those hawthorns do have a mean spike on them one stuck Bob's tyre a few months back I wonder if they can do the same for people's boots? If so take care and after all your hard work do take a rest sweetie because you would have so earned it ten times over.:cl-p:

Redstar I am really pleased that Obama won and I for one will look forward in seeing what he makes of America. I think it's about time the USA had a young African-American and I'm pretty sure others think the same way too and lets face it he really can't be as bad as the joker that's going out in January!

Have a little bit of shopping to do today but I intend to do things a little more steady today although if I go any more slower time will stop!:D Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx

7. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,186
    :) Good morning out there ...

It rained a little in the night so everything has freshened up but the sun is coming out now.

Have a great day whatever you may be doing. :thumb:

8. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Hi everybody :thumb:

Bit dull and rainy but at least it will keep the bonfires in control.

Have a good day all :)

9. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,186
  10. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Ahhh LoL I thought id posted in the wakey thread, Good Idea :luv:

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends sincerely hope that you are all OK this morning,the rain has returned after a short break,my glass is definitely half full and I am expecting a rebate from the water company with all this rain :lollol:Gypsy and Penny and Tiny are just putting their raincoats on ready for their walk in a few minutes,and are very excited ,as they haven't been able to get out to the back garden due to the water level.everyone have a great day and please stay safe.:thumb::)

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone hope you have all had a great nights sleep:thumb:

Woo we have had the rain as well,usually do when it is bonfire night.Even the one where I used to live got washed out last Saturday:pHope your garden soon gets back to normal,ours is ok at the moment but any more rain and it will be like a quagmire:(Wrap up warmly when you venture out:thmb:

Shiney,well done for cutting back all that overgrown stuff.I hope you send the bill into the Council offices.We have seven street lights out between our lane and the One Stop Shop and though we have all complained to the Parish Council who have got on to the builders nothing has been done.Even someone injuring themselves when they fell and injured themselves outside their daughters house in another part of the village didn't do any good.No one seems to care these days:(

Cut my hand on some paper yesterday that I was ripping up,the paper cuts are always the worst.

Helen I recieved a book yesterday from the owner of a forum I visit and it looks like I shall soon be read it from cover to cover.I really must stop buying gardening books.My shelves are bending under the weight of them:lollol:

Hope you all have a great day:)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Woo I know how you must feel with all the rainfall down on our allotments it's just pure muddy mud so much so all we need is a couple of pigs to enjoy it!:D I'm hoping the ground starts to dry up I bet you are also...fingers crossed we get our wish.:thmb:

Kandy I'm an avid reader I have to read parts of a novel every day an habit I have passed onto one of our sons which is kind of handy because when I can't find a book to read I raid my son's collection! But I must confess that even though I have a few gardening books I tend to look more at the pretty pictures than the text!:dh:

Kandy sounds nasty sweetie why not get Mr.K to kiss your hand better and pop a plaster I'm sure his magical touch will allow a speedy healing process here's hoping so.

I must confess I haven't be able to go over to the allotments for a little while due to pains and pulls but I got wrapped up and went for a plod with Bob yesterday to see what was what and things were not good. The whole allotment site was horrendous and pretty dangerous for me every step was a walking horror I just got the impression I would slip and fall fortunately I was lucky and manage to get through the walk without a fall....unless the ground dries up some what I don't think I'll chance going over there anytime soon.:(Hel.xxx.

14. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Morning all. A raining leaf blowing day so far.
    Have a great day all.

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning everybody,

I had a very busy moring so haven't had time to get on here earlier.

Woo, do you have to fit them with lifebelts as well? :D

Helen, I wish you better :thumb: :luv:. Try not to overdo things and just let your muscles recover. :)

Kandy, I hate paper cuts :mad:. Hope it gets better quickly.

I phoned the council yesterday to tell them I had cut the hawthorn back and left some of the cuttings in a neat pile and others under the trees. The woman tried to lecture me about not being allowed to cut them and that it was an offence to do so. So I told her that I'm sure the newspapers would be interested to know that the council aren't interested in keeping the pathways clear for disabled people - even after them having been notified a month ago. That shut her up :lollol: :lollol: :lollol:

I'm off tomorrow to a three day bridge tournament. So I wish you all a good weekend :thmb:

Have a great day :D