Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Kandy and all.

Well done Shiney with your tournament :gnthb:
    I bet you're really chuffed although maybe none too pleased to return home to a garden full of leaves pity Kandy didn't live nearer to you as I get the feeling she loves her leaves!:wink:

Kandy you may have waited a long time to taste duck but I'm sure the wait was worth it I wonder did you ask for seconds?:hehe:

Red I'm glad you have found your feet so to speak on GC and also how lovely the good folk are on here.:)

Well I have to do a little running about today with appointments for Bob book his intravenously iron treatment and also we have finally got an appointment for a 'pre dialysis information group' meeting next monday. We are taking the boys with us (if we can) as they are both old enough to understand and maybe cope a little better with their father's illness so fingers crossed they will be allowed to go.Hel.xxx.

2. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Morning all, about 6:39AM now. Coffee good.

Hel, sorry to hear your OH is that sick, I guess I missed that somewhere. Pre-dialysis discussion, oh my dear.
    Shiney , good to hear you did well. Kandy, I love duck, first time you say, good to explore.
    My mom always said, buy out only what you can't make at home.

Another Monday, work and the week begins. My boss wants me to go to a week long retreat in December for training so I can teach yet another class. She's letting me decide. There is just too much already I am responsible for, there are limits, and then things get missed.
    I have not given her my answer yet. Although the place is a nice resort, I can stay at, wonder if they have wireless? Still pondering.
    Well have a good day all.
    k-l

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone:)

Red I have found over the years the more you do for bosses the more they want out of you so it will never change.Good Luck and hope that it turns out OK if you decide to do it.

Helen hope that everything turns out ok for Bob with his treatment and at least taking the boys with you they will be able to get an insight as to just what their dad goes through:gnthb:

Well that is me done on here for this morning.Got some emails to answer from friends and then must get on to my other forums before I start my jobs for the day.:hehe:

Hope you all have a good day in Remembering all those lost in the Wars throughout this last ninety years or so,Lest We Forget.....

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Thanx guys.:)

Kandy a woman's work is never done but please remember sweetheart to take things nice and easy it's no good rushing around and pulling your back at least not at this time of the year, I mean you should be enjoying yourself and looking forward to Christmas.

Red if your work load is far too much for you now for goodness sake don't kill yourself with even more responsibility even if the retreat is wonderful it's still work and not a vacation, only do what you want to do and be pleased with that after all a happy worker is a good worker in my book.

Red Bob isn't in the best of health he has battled cancer and is now fast approaching stage 5 kidney failure lucky for us he was able to take early retirement at 50 and although we do have our bad days there are more good days than not but that's mainly thanks to our sense of humour which is the best medicine one can get!:)

I wanted our boys to come along with us to this meeting because last time when Bob was ill (with cancer) I didn't tell our youngest son and he didn't like having the wool pulled over his eyes one bit, in fact he was more hurt about that than the fact his dad had cancer!:scratch:
    Anyway this time we are doing things by the book with both our sons we are going to give them the booklet to read over the weekend so they can make notes of things they want to say at the meeting, which I think is the best way.:gnthb:

Well appointments made although spread over three weeks boy id that going to drag!

Our eldest is not in Uni today so I'm going to be very brave indeed and trackle his bedroom with him, I'm thinking of getting one of those bio suits because it's pretty bad in there he certainly doesn't get his messiness from Bob and I ..... maybe he was swapped at birth?:scratch::hehe:
    Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,475
    Good morning everybody,

Thanks for your congrats on my tournament. It was an enjoyable but brain straining three days competing against a few hundred other players - about 8 hours a day.

Helen, I hope things go OK with the meeting. Once Bob has got the dialysis balanced he should then be able to have home dialysis which would save a lot of running backwards and forwards to the hospital. The company that supplies everything for the NHS is extremely efficient and friendly. :thumb:

Have a great day :D

6. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Hello all, was busy in AM to stop in its about 2PM here. Hope everyone is having a grand day. And good morning for the next 3 mornings to you all.
    No one get lost now.

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends its going to be another Glorious new day
    hope you are all OK this morning Please take care and stay safe:)

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

I have to say I have missed you.:luv:

Shiney thanks for that it's all a bit confusing regarding what's going to happen I'll have to make notes so I can get a few things ironed out, I have to admit I'm looking forward to the meeting but also not if you get my meaning but it's better to know what's what than to be in the dark.:scratch: Bob will be happy to have home dialysis (when the time comes and we have been trained up) I mean that will allow him to have more control in his treatment not to mention all the time not spent going backwards and forewards to hospital.

Woo I do hope you have been able to still take your lovely lasses out for their walk these last few days, I bet you are sad to see all the leaves dropping really quickly now but then again it's nice to kick a few leaves about isn't it?:)

Well it's a nice bright Saturday morning I think we might even be able to have a few hours over at the allotment today now that would be nice. Enjoy your day peeps and I do hope you have lovely weather too.Hel.xxx

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,hope you had a good few days off:gnthb:

Haven't seen much in the way of changes apart from a bit at the bottom of the threads I have been to that shows related threads but the dates are from last year so not sure if that is correct or not.:cnfs:

Managed to get on here last night briefly but when i tried again I just got an error message come up...:help: Alright today though..:gnthb:

My sciatica has been murder again so will have to find a different way to sit at the computer.I am trying a pillow at the moment to see if that makes life easier.

Well Mr K is working all weekend so I am going to see what things need doing round the house.I need to keep moving or else I will cease up, so hope you all have a great day in all that you do:thumb:

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen,hope you are ok and that everything is going smoothly for you and Bob Good Luck with it and hope everything turns out well for you all and both Mr K and I hope that it gives Bob a better qualty of life over what he has at the moment.You are in our thoughts. :gnthb:

Haven't been over to the allotment since the start of the week as the weather has been rubbish apart from Wednesday.

Spent a couple of hours Hoovering out Mrytle ready for her service on Monday.It nearly did my back in good and proper but it needed to be done to get all the leaves out of the back.Doesn't seem possible that I have had her two years next month.Will try to give her a wash sometime over the weekend if the rain doesn't do it first:hehe:

Anyway,Hel hope you enjoy the allotment,oh and I forgot to say our Garlic is now shooting so jsut hope the rabbits don't eat them:flag:

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good Morning Helen and Kandy and all my other Friends on GC Have really missed you all,Helen yes Gypsy and Penny just love their walks,
    Penny seems to skip everywhere like a lamb :)Kandy hope your Sciatica soon gets better,well its another weekend a two day Bonus in front of us ,you all enjoy this great weekend and everyone stay safe:)

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Good morning Helen, Kandy, woo and everyone,

Kandy, I hope your sciatica gets better :gnthb:. What does 'hoovering' the car mean :scratch:. Are we supposed to clean our cars? :dh::hehe:

Helen, three years ago I inspected all the processes that the home dialysis company go through to provide their service and didn't find even one problem. They got top marks for procedures and customer service and their employees at the sharp end did more than would be expected of them. They won an Award because of this. :gnthb:

Woo, we expect to have a good weekend and are starting by going to the 60th birthday party of my youngest cousin. This is, luckily, being held at a hotel near us and will start off with a 'Murder Mystery' followed by a dinner and disco.

It is a lovely sunny day :thumb:

Have a great day :D

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo,Thanks for your good wishes:luv:

Hi Shiney hope you and Mrs Shiney are both well:luv: and that you have a lovely day at the 60th Birthday bash.I read your post quickly and thought you said your 60th Birthday so had to go back and read it again.Must wash the sleepy dust from my eyes:hehe::ywn::lollol:

I had to give Myrtle a good going over as the inside was starting to get a bit mucky so did the hoovering and then got the polish out for the plastic bits.I have had a phone call to say there are more leaves to collect so will have to put even more covers inside to protect what I have cleaned:doh:

Dull here at the moment after a good sunrise and I think rain is forecast for some time this weekend.Well I must get back to my veg preperation for my slow cooker and we are going to have chicken tomorrow so just hope Mr K isn't too late home to enjoy it.Will do him toad in the hole for tonights dinner as a special treat as he is watching the fat content now in his food:hehe:

Hope you have a lovely day:luv:

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Good morning everybody,

I've just got back from the party and am having a cuppa. :thumb:

It was a very good 60th party with 60 guests :) at a posh hotel near us. Everyone else had to travel a distance to it but we had a four minute drive.

They had a large room set up with a bar and a blackjack and a roulette table and we were all given $200 worth of chips to play with. We did the usual mingling and playing until we went into dinner in another room. The food was excellent and there was a murder/mystery that went on during dinner. Good acting, very interesting and quite funny.

After the dinner there was a disco in the room with the gaming and great fun was had by all :gnthb:. now all we have to do is recover :roll:

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Good morning shiney and everybody :D

Where are you all on this mild and bright day:scratch:. You weren't there when I spoke to you last and you're not there now :). The sun has just decided to get up so you should get out there and enjoy it.

Have a great Sunday :D