Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Shiney, Those places are very interesting places, and places that are not tourist traps which make them better than the tourist trap places. Keep safe.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning all,bit late this morning but had a good nights sleep so that was ok:)

Picked Myrtle up last night and coming home from the garage couldn't believe the amount of traffic on the road and that was at 6pm.This traffic problem is a nightmare and I dread to think what it is going to be like in another five or ten years time.No wonder car drivers get very rattys00k

Couldn't go for our evening walk last night round the village as it was raining yet again by the time Mr K had eaten his evening meal so we stayed in the warm instead
    :hehe:

Red Thanks for the explanation about the wedding shower.Over here we usually have the engagement and the happy couple often recieve cards and gifts and when and if they get married they then get some more cards and gifts for the home.Don't know how the youngsters go on over in America but over here they all prefere to live together and have the kids then some of them get married but marriage in a lot of cases over here is dying out so to speak.

Hope you all have a good day and that the weather is kind to you.At leat we havn't got any of those raging fires like they have in America...

3. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Morning all, off to the airport today to fly to Italy until saturday. I don't really feel like going at all!!

Well, i know trees will still have leaves there, I will extend autumn a bit.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Ivory and all.

Have a nice flight Ivory and take care.

Shiney looks like you and the delightful Mrs. are in for a treat going to far flung places I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunities to take some lovely pictures for us all to see.

Red over here we don't have a Bridal Shower for the bride but we do have a party just for her and her lady friends it's called a Hen Party and they are sometimes a little naughty!:hehe: The groom has a party too called a Stag Party, that involes getting very drunk and sometimes the groom getting stripped naked and left in a very public place!:o

Whiley nice to know you have been able to keep things going with your DIY stuff although I'm really sorry to hear about your ratty deaths but as you know it's the circle of life you might loose some dear friends but are also rewarded by some new ones, chin up babe and keep going.:)

Well went to the meeting where we watched a DVD then was asked if there was any questions sadly there were plenty for me to ask as the DVD wasn't very good at all, ok there were real people dealing with dialysis on the DVD but it all seemed to be aimed at having a transplant instead of having to deal with dialysis for a long time.

It didn't give you any information about the problems one may have with just normal day to day living like having a bath and so many 'normal' things one may encounter throughout the day because no matter which you go for an arm or tummy pipe you are going to incur problems.

I couldn't believe that in a room of 15 or so people (all old enough surely not to be shy) no one wanted to ask any questions which amazed the sister so it was down to me to get things rolling. I kicked off with the bath thing and still nobody wanted to join in so it I asked one question that would surely make the others realise you don't have to be shy just ask a blooming question! Bob knew what I was going to ask next and muttered 'Here she goes' I asked if you could still have a sexual relations with your partner with them having the pretty long tube/piping in their tummy and only then did someone pick up the courage to ask something for theirselves.

I would just like to say Bob and I are not at 'it' like rabbits far from it in fact although we do like to have lots of 'fun' it normally doesn't involve anything like that.:wink:
    Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,473
    Good morning everybody,

It's a bit dull and dreary out there today, but I don't care :)

I played a bridge match last night which was enjoyable but I wasn't able to eat the the lovely sandwiches and cakes that were provided at half time :(. I'm on the usual starvation diet for my bloodtest this morning.

Off to the surgery now.

Have a great day :D

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ****** i've missed something havent i! Will have to troop back through the posts to find out but re dialisis - Bob and Helz *hughug* much love!

Hope things went well at the surgery Shiney?

Up and at it today, 3 cages all done and my little 3 day old litter are looking so beautiful! Must get some up to date images on the pet section of my crew!

I've been meaning to for ages now but i better get on with it, i'll upload the last few months worth of artwork to show. <3

Hope all is well and everyone is smiling!

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,473
    Thanks Whiley, they just made the usual hole in my arm and took an armful of blood :hehe:

See you all later this morning :gnthb:

8. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Morning everyone. Up early today, don`t know why just wide awake for some reason.

Nice travel plans there Shiney. My stepdaughter travelled for a year a while back. She said Cambodia is beautiful.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Lollipop and all.

Lollipop I suffered from the 'Don't know why I'm up this early' last year around about this time too and it was ok to begin with then it really took it's toll and I started having an afternoon nap!:old: Anyway sweetie you don't want to make a habit of waking up too early or at least not until long days start next year and you can catch the early bird outside and do some gardening before the rest of your neighbour wakes up!:wink:

Shiney most of those vampires I mean Phlebotomists are swift and correct with getting the red gold from you although sometimes you do get the odd nurse who tends to make your arms look like you have done a couple of rounds with a rookie......I do hope you got a good'un.

Whiley Bob's health is ongoing his is very close to having to have dialysis hence the meeting on Monday but the 'fun' doesn't stop there it's another hospital trip tomorrow for a good old dose of iron ...... the intravenous way!

I'll look forward in seeing your new little buddies Whiley.:wink: Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,473
    Good morning Claire and everybody,

I've just been watching three Jays playing on the lawn :gnthb: whilst a woodpecker was eating nuts directly above them :)

This week and next week are very busy bridge playing times for me :ywn: :hehe:. I have to get a lot of matches played before I go away so am playing six times each week.

The hardest thing to arrange properly for us going away is the 'Oscar routine'. We have to arrange for someone to come along every day to make sure Oscar gets his food and water - and cuddles :). I think I have found out where the cat comes from that is also eating Oscar's food so I shall ask that cat's human to do the feeding. We have a group of friends that we shall be able to ask to be put on the rota if that person can't do it. Then there is the bird feeding rota and the greenhouse rota.

Have a great day :D

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,473
    Hi Helen,

I missed your posting as I stopped in the middle of typing mine to make a cuppa. :)

The nurse was pretty good with the needle this time so I didn't cry for long :lollol: :lollol: :lollol:

12. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all, been in the wars this week, damned old sciatica playing up, hardly slept again.:ywn: Waiting for docs appointments to open at 8am. Pain killers not touching it. In agony wether I lie down, sit down or walk ahhhhhhhhh. Winge over. Hope you all have a good day and life treats you kindly.:thumb: 02

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,looks like it is going to be a beautiful day out there so will get my computer work out of the way quickly as I have lots to do.Luckily it doesn't take me long to get through the posts on here then it is a quick whizz through my other forums then off to do some work:gnthb:

Shiney hope the results are good for you and that you don't have to go on the dreaded pills.Lots of my pensioner friends who have the same problem as you are all on pills now to keep the levels down.I am determined not to have to start pill popping later in life:yho::old:

Went over to the village where our allotments are and collected the last of the fallen leaves ready for composting so that is another task out of the way until next year,only have to put them all into my compost bags where they can rot down nicely and without urine added to them either:hehe:Found a dead rat rotting on one of my plots so it looks like the poison worked.Hope it had a painful death and I gave it a good kick for good measure:lollol:

Well I hope you all have a great day sees ya:thumb:

14. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Aaah O2 sciatica is evil! Hope you are able to shift that sharpish! *hug*
    All the best for hospital today Hels, love to Bob. *high five*

Very exciting, the tiling in the bathroom is so close to being done. However, if our tiler wasn't the village idiot it would have been done several weeks ago, this is highly disconcerting. That being said, i've seen how hes doing it and I'd be blown if i can't do an equal if not better job myself!

Still trooping on trying to finish this set of 3 paintings for a girlie in london, i'm working up a real to-do list now, having just finished illustrating the cookbook which should be going to print now, i'm doing this, have my own christmas cards to do, then have agreed to do a storybook whos main character is a squirrel in a dark and stormy wood! By jove, is it me or am i getting an arty reputation?!

Really want to get on with christmas cards, i've got hundreds to make, but i love sending them! That reminds me!! I need to cluster up your addresses!

Been doing a christmas photoshoot with the critters - how much cute have i made?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Awwww Sarah there Fab, I want one :) Is Daisy Posing On any of them? [​IMG]