Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Day all. I am around here. Been busy with work and getting ready for the holiday.
    Hope all is well. Have a good day all.

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Hi everyone, spent most of the morning sorting out my mini greenhouse that got blown across the garden yesterday in the gales.:doh: Think ive managed to salvage some of my cuttings. It was held down by 10 bricks aswell, just shows how strong those winds get. So this time ive tied it to the drainpipe, hope that holds it. if not i give up:mad:. Hope everyone has a great weekend.:flwsml: 02

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,well we have the snow at long last though with the wind blowing strongly the other end of the village will get it all:lollol:My weather station says it is 30.7f out there {-0.7c} and it is only 61.0 f {16.1c}indoors which is very cold.brrrrrrrHope the heating soon warms the house and me up:hehe: Rain is forecast for later so I hope we get enough for some good photos or I will be dissapointed:flag:

Helen,do get yourself some bird food and fat balls and get Bob to build you a bird table.Think of all those birds shivering and shaking in your trees and bushes,every little helps and you know it makes sense:)

O2 sorry that you lost your greenhouse to the winds.If they are the ones I am thinking about our neighbour had one last year and he lost his to the weather so has given up with it for this year.Hope your drainpipe holds it down in future and that the house doesn't get blown away:flag:

Well i had better go and get my brekkie sorted,going to have shredded wheat with hot milk on top this morning,that should warm me up nicely:hehe:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Kandy and everybody,

Kandy, it started snowing here five minutes ago although the latest forecast is for drizzle :scratch:. With the bird feeder - if you remember the photos I have put up of mine, it has a bowl shaped squirrel guard. You can hang a similar thing under your feeder, but the other way up, and it will catch most of what they drop :)

O2, sorry to hear about your greenhouse. Are you able to pin the framework to the ground with curved tent pegs?

Helen, if you do start feeding the birds you really need to continue as they become dependant on it. Although, with all those clothes on you might look a bit like a scarecrow :lollol::lollol:

It has just stopped snowing.

Have a great day :D

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Shiney and all.

02 that's a real pity about your little greenhouse I do hope you manage to keep it safe from any more gales, it must have been very heartbreaking to see it flung from it's moorings :(. My mum-in-law always buys a new one of those greenhouses each year and although a 'real' would make more sense (money-wise) for her at least she's happy how things are.

Lol Shiney to be honest as long as I'm warm I don't care what I look like and as the Wizard Of Oz is one of my favourite films then it's an honor to be called a scarecrow although unlike Ray Bolgermy's my brains always working or at least I like to think so!:hehe:

I'll try and look for some designs on the web for a bird table I have to admit I would like a funky one if anyone has any good places to look please let me know as I'm sure I can get Bob to knock a little something up for me.

Well earlier when I got up around seven there was a carpet of snow but most of it's gone now and alhtough it's still blooming freezing!:flag:

If you peeps are going out today then please wrap up well. Hel.xxx.

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Helen this link is to the RSPB website.If you look on there somewhere there should be plans for making a bird table.I saw it the other day but can't seem to find it now.

Here is the live bird link to the feeders at their Abernethy live feeder.At the moment Red Squirrel is trying to get to the nuts in the holders lol...

http://www.rspb.org.uk/webcams/feeders/abernethyvideo.asp

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Don't remember seeing any wagtails this year but six of them have just been wandering around our lawn :gnthb:

8. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Morning all.
    Scanning through, and my cats nearly jumped at those diva's of Whiley's. Down guys, go outside and find you some.

Saturday-- painted the hallway, dinning room, and kitchen, just a little small brush stuff to do and pull the tape today. Then off to get the Turkey. Hope the crowds are not bad.
    Snow staying here, flurries yesterday, good weekend for inside chores.
    Have a great day all.

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone and welcome to another week:)

Shiney I was trying to take a piccy of our Wagtail on the drive on Saturday but I couldn't get it in focus and then a car drove along the road so it flew off.I love to see them especially when they peck around on our neighbours drive to get the flies larva that crawl out of their dustbin in the summer months:euw:

I can't fit a baffle to our bird feeder because the arm of the pole holds the feeder too far away so wouldn't catch the dropped seed.If I lay something on the grass to catch the seed then it will turn the grass yellow:skp:

Helen if you Google bird table designs you might find plenty of patterns that Bob can follow:)

Had to nip down to Tesco's yesterday afternoon to buy some Imodium for Mr Kandy and it was bedlum down there.I have never seen so many people,and I don't like the store now it is bigger because we can't find anything now and it takes twice as long grrrrrr.

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Did a silly thing set my alarm to a classical station and laid in bed listerning to it lovely as it is all you want to do is relax and dream...must set it to Kerrang or something like that although that might make me want to jump out of bed in a rush, I just can't win either way!:doh:

Kandy I have searched for some bird feeders and I must admit I'm amazed at the selection there is on offer...it's not going to be as easy as I thought to pick a design.

Our Tesco's is going through the 'change' too I would like to think that it will still be shopper friendly because I'm none too keen of shopping at Asda or Morrisons.

Well no sign of snow it's a little on the cool side ....well rather blooming cold than cool but you get the picture!

I might have a little potter around the garden today my primroses have done so very well it's hard to believe how cheap they were last year although I've made some copper collars for them as the slugs really did love them more than me last season!
    Hel.xxx.

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

Kandy, have you tried running wire through a baffle and then wiring it to the bottom of the feeder so that it dangles underneath? :gnthb:

I'm off to the nurse to get my blood test results later this morning. I expect her to tell me off because I have been eating naughty things during the week before the test :hehe:

Have a great day :D

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
  13. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    :yho: Morning all, short week for me. Off for Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday.

Will light my tree Thursday evening--:yho:

Painting done, and new color great. Got the Turkey for Thursday, a nice 18 lbs. one.

Have a good day all.

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,another new day will dawn when the sun comes up:flwsml:Hope you are all well:)

Red,hope the Thanksgiving celebrations go off ok and that you enjoy the Turkey,how many are you feeding with that 18lber?

Shiney hope the nurse was pleased with you when you went for the results:wink: Perhaps it is due to the fact that you are one of these now:old::p:hehe:

Helen I keep threatening Mr Kandy I am going to buy one of the old fashioned alarm clocks now that the leckkie bills keep rising.We have our clock radio plugged in all year round and because Mr Kandy has the volume down so low I am amazed that he can hear it when it kicks into action:lollol:

Well i hope you all have a good day,not sure what is planned with the weather today as I forgot to look up while I was typing this so will have to ask Mr K what it is going to do:p

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Shiney you boys are born NAUGHTY :wink::D Fingers crossed your blood work will come back fine.

Redstar do hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving, goodness knows how you all manage to cope with two big celebrations so close to together. Are gifts exchanged or is that something you leave until Christmas?

Kandy I'm getting so bad at cranking down electrical things if things get worst I might even have to resort to hooking up to the lamp post which is pretty handy just at the bottom of our gate...thank you dear council for putting it there for us!:yho:

Bob's got a pretty bad head cold and at well as giving him a very sexy Barry White voice it hit him hard bless him, I will have to phone the hospital later to see if it is wise for him to have his top up of iron this week.

Yesterday I was able to have a wee potter around the gardens just an hour or so although Bob didn't want to miss out on a little potter too but thankfully he didn't last long outside, it was so cold but I'm happy with what I got done.

Hope you all are well and remember peeps to wrap up well.Hel.xxx.