Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Day all.
    Well, Thanksgiving went well. Al 5 guests ate their full, and three of them sent on their way with leftovers. I love leftovers, so the 18 lb. Turkey will assist me with no cooking for a few days. Still big bowl of whipped potatoes and gravy left, and veggies and pumpkin pie, and cranberry apple walnut bread. Then later, I will make Turkey pot pies for the freezer.
    And the cats get all the other fat **** we don't want.
    Yes, the holiday season is hard on us here all so close. Actually, its Thanksgiving (special meal), Christmas Eve (special meal), Christmas Day (special meal), New Years Eve (special meal) and New Years Day (special meal). No wonder I sometimes can't wait until January.
    Gifts on Christmas Day.
    Stress, Stress. :roll:

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends Have a lovely weekend and all stay safe:)

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Woo not seen you for a while hope you have been ok,you and yours have a good weekend.:gnthb:

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo, Walnut and everyone:)

We have thick fog here again by the looks of things,though we were forecast a frost last night so will see what it is like when Mr Kandy goes off to work shortly.:(

Woo nice to see you back on here,hope everything is ok with you:)

Red glad that your Thanksgiving celebrations went off ok,now you have Christmas to look forward to:)

Marley sorry you have come back to dust everywhere,it would do my head in to have all that to come back to.Lets hope you manage to get it sorted before the big day in four weeks

Well I hope everyone has a good day in all that you do:)

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: Morning Woo Walnut Kandy & everyone.!:yho: Good to see you too Woo..:)
    Well life is getting back to normality slowly here. I am having trouble getting on top of the dust & pickle the builders made Kandy & I am beginning to wonder if it was such a good idea after all.... :) Yes it was really,:) as I had to have some under pinning done at the front of the cottage & a major repair to my staircase, both of which led to a few other things as they do in old cottages & houses so it was easier not to be there than try & live in it while it was going on..!!! :dh::) Should be ready for Christmas though :lollol: gonna be in trouble if I'm not...!!!!:rotfl:

:thmb: Hel I hope Bob is feeling a bit brighter today...:wink: Give him our best wishes from the Marley household..

:) Red, glad your Thanksgiving went off well. My cousin had her best yet, (she lives in N California) she had all the family there except her daughter & family. They were going to have to give it a miss this year as something had come up down south where they are....!!!! Then at 11am they turned in the drive...!!! Well you can imagine Kip was ex static & it was her best yet she says..!!!:)

:thmb: Well, have a great & safe weekend everyone whatever you are up to.!

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everybody :gnthb:

Thanks Kandy for putting up the 'Shiney' thread :thmb:. I've added info and photos of the accident that took out our phone lines.

Helen, I hope Bob is feeling better :thumb:

Marley, trying to keep clearing up the dust can be very annoying and traumatic because it never seems to go and you find dust in places where you wouldn't imagine it would get :mad:. But on the bright side - I can assure you that once it has finally been cleared you will forget about it pretty quickly and be please with the result :yho:

Red, I'm pleased you had a good Thanksgiving and can now start working on Christmas :)

Have a great day :D

7. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Morning all. Thanks. Yep, now "working" on Christmas.
    Had a nice day yesterday, OH was at his Father's house working on stuff, so I gave myself a day off, did not do much, and so what, it is still there, only me that places the stress on all of it.
    Have a good day all.

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Hi Red, enjoy your day. :gnthb:

Good morning everyone,

Have a great day :thmb: :thmb: :D

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney and everyone:)

Shiney I see you have sleep problems again though as you are not on line now you must be asleep for once:hehe::snz::p

No problem with the message,glad I could help out:)

Well, I had a boring day yesterday with Mr Kandy having to work and because we had thick fog for most of the day and it was really dank and horrible had to stay indoors and there is only so much housework and card writing you can do.:p

Anyway,it looks dry out there at the moment though I think rain is forecast for later today.We still need to get over to the allotment to sow our winter broad beans and the Japanese onions never went in due to the wet weather so we really must get them in before we get more snow.:thumb:

We have chicken for dinnner today so that will take up some of my time getting everything prepared,then the Guneia pigs need cleaning out and my car to be washed and then filled up with fuel or else I won't be going anywhere fast:hehe:

And this was my cats this morningk-l

Hope you all have a great day :)

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Kandy and everybody,

I had a good three hours sleep and am raring to go :D

Yesterday was not too bad a day and I got some mowing and leaf clearing done :thumb:. If it is not too bad today I shall carry on with the mowing and clearing.

We appear to have been adopted by another cat :) :scratch:. A couple of months ago someone up the road got two rescue cats - one was a kitten. The kitten has recently been 'done' and is still indoors with his humans. The other is an adult, named Tosh, and seemed to have disappeared a few weeks ago.

All the neighbours got a note through their doors asking whether Tosh has been seen. His food, that is put in their greenhouse, disappears most nights but they haven't seen him. I spotted him wandering very cautiously through our garden and managed to take a photo. When I showed it to them they said it was Tosh.

He has started helping himself to the food in Oscar's feeder that is on the front doorstep but was running away the moment we got anywhere near him. I've occasionally seen him looking in our greenhouse at Oscar and Oscar doesn't seem to mind him being there.

Yesterday Mrs shiney managed to get him to come back and eat whilst she sat next to him. He was very nervous but now lets her stroke him and he purrs like mad :) - but he won't let me anywhere near him :(.

Tosh's owners are going to come in and feed both of them whilst we are away so that has solved a problem for us :gnthb:

We had friends round for dinner last night and we had a lovely roast beef and all the trimmings. I also made a very hearty french onion soup that went down very well :thmb:

Have a great day :D

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Kandy and all.

Sorry I have missed a couple of days but I have been playing nurse maid to Bob although I think I will have to play a firm but fair sister because he really isn't doing as he's told....but then again them boys are so blooming hard to train!:D

Marley you are quite right sweetie it was the iron that boosted a pretty nasty bout of cold I didn't realise until I phoned the hospital to cancel Bob's second iron appointment and the nurse said 'oh didn't anyone tell you that iron aids viruses':doh:
    Well it just goes to show you can ask as many questions as you like but there's always going to be something that is left out but surely at this time of year someone should have told us?:(

Marley I thought I was the only one mad enough to redecorate so close to Christmas I'ave just redone the kitchen (that's twice this year) and wanting to start on the hallway next I quite fancy some of that black and white wallpaper although I think that's going to hurt Bob's pocket!:oops: Anyway Marley I do hope you get your house sorted in no time at all.

Shiney how nice for Mrs.Shiney to have another kitty to cuddle I'm pretty sure in next to know time Tosh will realise you are harmless as well.:wink:

Well Kandy you were not the only one to have fog yesterday we were surrounded in the soup of it all day and boy did it get cold around 2 pm -2 for us here, thankfully the fog is all gone but it's still pretty chilly. Have a lovely day guys no matter what you're up to.Hel.xxx.

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Good Morning Shiney Kandy Hel & everyone,
    Gad you had a nice day shiney & of course dinner excellent..!! Hmm nice bit of beef & yorkshires then.. Yum..!!!!:D You never know, you may end up with Tosh & Oscar sharing your greenhouse..!!! :hehe:That would be quite commical, the 2 strays setting up home together..!!!:lollol:

:( Sorry you had fog all day Kandy, it had cleared here but it was soo cold dull & damp all day... Brrrrrr Hopefully today you will get a chance to go to the allotment... I didn't get my broadbeans in before I went in the end so am going to try & get them in this week too...!!!:dh:

:oops: Soory to hear it is the iron that has caused all Bob's poblems.. Nobody has ever said it would ecourage the virus's either... Great just what is needed at this time of year... I shall have to mention this when I go on the 12th...!!!!:scratch: It seems no matter how many questions you think to ask at the hospital Hel, it always seems there is something important they forget to mention if we don't ask it...!!!:(
    :gnthb: On a more cheerful note the Bob, I hope you are soon feeling a bit better...:yho:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

13. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy,Marley,Hel,and Shiney and everyone else have a great Sunday and all stay safe .:thumb::)

14. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Morning all, raining here, chilly. Have a good day all.

15. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning everyone Its the first day of December:thumb: I trust that you are all OK and well,have a lovely day and please stay safe:)