Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Happy 1st of Dec to you Woo. Having trouble sleeping as always, My daughter and the grandkids are moving back home, even more to celebrate this Christmas.:yho: 02 X

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo 02 and everyone and a happy 1st of December to you to.:)

Not long now until the big day and I can't wait,just wish we could have some snow to make it complete:gnthb:

Enjoyed our chicken roast dinner yesterday and it was nice with some home grown spuds,carrots and parsnips:)

Managed to take some photos of a Long Tailed Tit feeding on my bird feeder though thye are a little bit blurred because I was trying to get close to the kitchen window and was shaking so much with excitement of having this lovely visitor:yho:I will see if I can get the photos on here later:)

Had rain yesterday afternoon and now that everywhere is saturated won't be getting on the garden or lottie today and now the weather forecasters are saying we could get snow here tomorrow or later on in the week:hehe:

Hope you all have a great day:)

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

At the moment we have a lovely sunny day today and reasonably mild.

O2, it sounds like you are getting the best Christmas present you could have wished for :)

Kandy, I hope your photo came out well :thumb:. The birds are all coming back to the garden for the winter.

Have a great day :D

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,I was trying to find your photos earlier of your Green Woodpeckers and I can't for the life of me find them now:dh:

Here are two of the best ones though they are not brilliant but at least you can see what they are...just:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Kandy, yes, it is easy to see what they are. Well done :gnthb: :)

I've posted the green woodpecker photos, and pheasants, on two threads - 'Members Gallery', 'Camera in my Pocket' and 'From the Kitchen Window'. :thumb:

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,glad to see you are as usless as me with maths,I make it three threads.

1,Members Gallery
    2,Camera In My Pocket and
    3, From the Kitchen Window

I expect it is an old age thing:old: I will go and look now,Thanks:D

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Kandy, it was two but I didn't explain myself very clearly. 'Camera in my Pocket' and 'From the Kitchen Window' both come under the heading of 'Members Gallery' :) :flag:

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Your forgiven this once Shiney:hehe::old::old:

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: Morning everyone, a busy bee here today so will catch up as & when...!!!:D

:thmb: Love the pics Kandy....:)

:thmb: Well have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing.!

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.
    Thanks for reminding us all of the date dear Woo s00k:D
    I'ave already been searching the net for some last minute buys shocking really when you come to think about it as I started buying Christmas gifts last January and then kind of slowed down.:doh:

02 now isn't that nice having your daughter and your grandchildren back home, looks like you will have your hands full come Christmas dinner but I'm sure you and your beloved will love all the chaos that having a house full brings...good luck girl.:wink:

Lovely pictures Kandy I do like the idea of that holding crook I think that's something we will go for as I'm sure it will allow us to move it around for when Bob's tied up so to speak...my goodness that sounds like some kind of S & M I'm naughty but not that bad!:hehe:

Have a nice day guys and remember to wrap up well if you are going out.Hel.xxx.

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,hope you are all enjoying your sleep:)

Helen I have never used the net to do on line shopping as I am always a bit wary of using some of the sites.The only ones I use are Boots and Jaquie Lawsons card site and that is about it so do all my shopping the old fashioned way by going round the shops though this year I have got most of it done in October.No point in me buying presents at the start of the year as I have done that in the past and put them away and then have forgotten where I put them when the time comes to wrap them:hehe:

Well I managed to take my bags of veg peelings and guneia waste over to the lottie yesterday afternoon but only stayed over there because I started getting too cold brrrrrr.

Hope everyone has a good day and will see you tomorrow:)

12. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all ..be nice when they drop the energy prices in the summer:rotfl: what a rip off but they got us by the bol....s for the time being ...how do you leave the heating off in this weather:ntwrth:

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Ste and all.

Lol Kandy it kind of backfired buying the presents early as yesterday Dan's girlfriend (Gemma) brought him a watch and let him have it (the watch that is :hehe:) before Christmas, I knew he needed a watch so brought him one a month back......goodness knows how he is going to juggle keeping the two women happy in his life but I always tell Gemma that I was here first!:D

To begin with I must admit I was quite scared buying things online but I have never lost any money (touch wood) and I tend to use places that accept Paypal that way I can always put a complaint in anytime things go wrong and reclaim my money.

Ste don't mention energy prices PLEASE! it has got so bad now that we have had to change to Yorkie Power where we but our two Yorkshire Terriers into hamster wheels just to fire up the kettle!:mswhl::D
    You don't want to know what we do to fire up the oven!s00k

Kandy I have to admit we haven't been able to 'work' over the allotment for a little while, there are a few little jobs that could do with getting done but if we don't get the chance this side of Christmas it will not hurt anything.
    Have a nice day guys it's trying to snow here but it doesn't want to stay and play.Hel.xxx.

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Morning Kandy Imp & everyone, Jolly cold here this morning.. Going to rake up the last of the leaves today before the rain gets here..

:wink: I did allot of shopping before I went away, so only have a few to get now thank goodness...
    :) Trying to plan some time where Aimee & I can have a "baking day" We always try & have a couple in December if we can... I love it.. Gives you a real feeling of family & Christmas when the children come home from school & there is all the baking.. We usually have to have a few tasters of everything then.. A great warm happy, family Christmassy feeling with the children as well......:gnthb:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everybody :gnthb:

It's another sunny day today. I got most of the grass cut the other day and hope to finish it off to day. The BT engineers are still working on the lines and still can't get my main line working :scratch:. Some of the neighbours still haven't got any phones working at all. The engineers seemed quite puzzled about the problems and apart from some of them working up their ladders the others are now systematically checking all the control boxes from our road all the way to the exchange. What makes it more difficult for them is that none of them live anywhere near here and have to keep asking us for directions when they are trying to find the control boxes. Two of them are travelling down from Norfolk each day :scratch:

Imp, I'm going to turn our heating off next week and leave it off until next year :hehe: :lollol:

Have a great day :D