Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Hello shiney :hehe: :hehe:

The sun has disappeared and it is bbrrrrr cold :(. See you later when the sun is shining :thumb:

2. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :lollol:Here too mate...........sleep tight!:)

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney Pal and everyone,very cold this morning and it looks like we had that -3 frost that they spoke about yesterday brrrrrr.

Mr Kandy said it was going to snow yesterday morning at 9am and he got it slighty wrong because it actually started snowing at 8.58am:hehe: but it never stayed around long.:)

I am getting more birds in the garden now so have quiet a few feeders and fat balls dotted around the garden.I couldn't undersatnd why we hadn't got many Pyracantha berries this year and thought that Mr K had pruned off all the berry producing branches but last week I found out where they were all going,inside the tummy of our resident Blackbird:),well that is what we bought the shrubs for so have to except that keeping the birds well fed and alive is a small price to pay for seeing them in the garden:D

Anyway,I had better go and get my breakfast sorted now.I am going to have shredded wheat with hot milk on top.That should keep me warm:)

Have a great day everyone:)

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Kandy I do hope Mr.K is looking after himself (almost as good as Mr.Blackbird) while outside I mean he doesn't want to get yet another dose of man flu.:dh:

Had a slight hiccup earlier this morning got woken up by my back-up battery alarm clock and at the time it just didn't click as to why the radio alarm didn't go off first (as it is set to go off 10 minutes earlier) got down stairs let the girls out and made a cuppa, loaded the lap-top only to find it was 3.15am not 7.15am....yes you have guessed it the blooming batteries in the alarm clock was on their way out. Needless to say I didn't have my cuppa but went straight back to bed for a good few hours :snz: lovely.:D

My goodness Shiney you really shouldn't have given those BT guys so many cuppas maybe that's why they are taking so long to fix the lines .....you hospitality is better than their jobs!:D

I have started to pack and wrap presents for the little ones I tend to wrap a huge box for each child and pack so many little gifts inside which kind of makes it a lucky bag but on a much bigger scale the kids think they are wonderful and we share their joy by seeing their little faces light up opening them all.

Well it's feeling pretty cold here one wonders how we managed to cope when we were young and didn't have any central heating but then again those past winters did indeed seem blooming cold!:old::D. Have a nice day peeps.Hel.xxx.

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Pal, Kandy, Helen and everyone,

Kandy, you'll have to tell Mr Kandy he has got to get his weather predictions much more wrong than that if he ever wants to be a weather man :rotfl:. The birds are obviously enjoying your garden now :gnthb:

Helen, it seems as though you got a good sleep despite the alarm :hehe:

The BT engineer told us yesterday that they are having quite a bit of trouble getting our main telephone line working because they can't find any evidence of it ever existing :scratch:. They have three men working full time on the problem :roll:s00k

Have a great day :D

6. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning everyone, Kandy the same as you we are getting the birds back in the graden now, have to keep giving the bird feeders a shake as they keep freezing up.:dh:

Glad you managed to get back to sleep Hel after your early morning wake up call.:thmb:

Shiney tell BT you want a refund on all your phone bills you got for your imaginary phone.:gnthb::hehe:

I went to the hospital yesterday for exrays on my back and they say it looks as if I have a trapped nerve in my back. Its taken them about 8 years to work that one out.:p Now I have to wait for another appointment for Hope hospital for some scans to see what they are going to do about it. Probably keep taking the pain killers.:roll:
    Well my daughter her fella and the grandkids move into their new home on Saturday. It will be like a propper family Christmas this year, I cant wait.:yho:02

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good (very early) morning everybody,

O2, I hope your back gets better soon :thumb: :)

It's a bit nippy out there at the moment. See you all later :gnthb:

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning shiney and everyone,up late this mrong and don't think i will wake up until dinner time:snz::snz:

We have gale force winds and heavy rain not the snow I was hoping for.I just hope that it is nice and cold and wintery for Christmas and not this mild horrid weather:flag:

Shiney have you got all your gardening and suitcase packin g done ready for next week?Hope you and Mrs Shiney have a great time:gnthb:

O2 hope you get your back problems sorted.Eight years is a long time to wait,though saying that I had Sciatica on and off since 1992 then had it for eleven months last year and it still plays up now so I don't spend a lot of time now sitting at the computer which puts pressure on the nerve.I do hope that they can get it sorted for you:thumb:

It sounds like you will have a good Christmas,especially if you get everyone to help out now that your daughter and family will be round:)

Helen I have done that in the past with getting up in the night.Mr Kandy often used to wake up with me heading for the bedroom door and would ask where I was going in.I would say I was off to work and he would say 'Get back into bed it's only 1am':hehe:Looking back I can laugh about it now but when i was working a sixty hour week and had so much stress with the job he wasn't surprised at anything I did:flag:

Well that is it from me at the moment.The house feels like we are going to lose our roof any moment.Hope you all have a great day and please don't get either snowed in or drowned out with all this weather we are getting at the moment.:luv::)

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Morning all, again:)

Kandy, sorry to hear you are having wind trouble - I hope it blows over soon :hehe: :flag:

The rain started here just after 5 a.m. but has been only light and there is a slight breeze. Most of the gardening is done with some more leaves still to clear. I haven't even thought about packing yet :) but shall have to go out and get some foreign currency soon. I'm still not sure whether we shall go to Bangkok yet :scratch:

The engineers got our phones working earlier on :gnthb:. I feel sorry for them working out there in this weather, but the hot tea helped.

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Kandy, Shiny (again) and all.

My goodness Shiney are you on some kind of top secret night time surveillance?
    Sorry my bad because if that's the case I know you can't tell us!:hehe:

Seriously though I do hope you're getting your rest Shiney.

Sad to say 02 that sometimes it takes a hell of a long time and endless trips to the doctor before 'they' decide what's wrong with you. Please don't over do things with the BIG MOVE if you have a dicky back you really need to take care of yourself sweetie and keep active no matter how painful or slow you move.:)

Kandy it's not nice having a long working week I bet it took it's toll on you.

Well there's a puddle in our passage way and it's not caused by our two old ladies so that's another thing that's got to be fixed wouldn't mind but it was 'fixed' last year!

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Gotta to be quick today loads to do council tax to pay, bottles to be dropped off at the skip, collecting something from Argos, arrange a meeting with my s-i-l and son so she can benefit from his staff discount :hehe:, pop to the hospital for Bob's second lot of iron and finally catch up on those hard to find christmas presents.

I the meantime I'm catching my breath having a cuppa before the choas begins!:halp::flag:Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Helen and everybody,

Helen, it sounds as though you have a busy day.

When I went out yesterday at 6.30 p.m. it was 3C out there but when I came back at 11.30 it had risen to 5C - but we still managed to get a crisp frost :scratch:.

Although they managed to fix our telephone lines by Wednesday evening they came back late yesteday afternoon and cut down our 100ft of new overhead cable to replace it with another 100ft of overhead cable :hehe:. Not quite as silly as it sounds. The cable bracket on the side of our house had been loosened by the accident and the original engineer was unable to fix it. He said he would put in for a new bracket to be fixed. They came along with the new bracket yesterday but their work sheet didn't tell them that they would need a mechanical hoist to get up there so they couldn't reach it. I suggested that they put the new bracket where it could be reached by ladder. They did that but, of course, couldn't reach the old bracket to transfer the cable. So they ran a new cable and cut the old one where they could reach it. They will now have to come back with a hoist to remove the old bracket and remaining cable :rotfl: :rotfl:

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: Morning Kandy shiney Hel & everyone, sounds like you are all pretty busy today...!!! I have to fit a big shop in today as I haven't done one since we came back...!!!!! Ooooooh I hate it...!!!:(

:thmb: Shiney I hope those stupid engineers get you sorted out quickly...!!!!

:thmb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing.!

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everybody :thumb:

It looks as though it will be a wonderful day with the sun coming up and lovely pink clouds are floating across the blue sky. There is not even a hint of a breeze and the birds seem to be having a lie-in this morning. :)

BT came back again yesterday, with a hoist :thmb:, to remove the old bracket. Unfortunately the hoist wasn't big enough and they couldn't reach it :( :hehe: :hehe: but were able to remove the remainder of the cable :gnthb:. I told him not to bother to put in another job sheet for a bigger hoist because I didn't want a big lorry hoist coming in. The engineer turned out to be a very keen gardener and allotment holder and asked for a guided tour of the garden. Very nice man :)

15. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all .. wish i had caught them robbing my motor bike this morning as i wouldnt have rung the police i would have dragged one in and tied him up for the day ..dirty bst,,,s..must have took them ages as i couldnt have chained it up any more...even had the cheek to have two cigs at the same time. on inspecting the cigs left i have never heard of them so i have popped them in a bag and going to send them to crime scene for dna ..well its worth a try..im livid but when people are starving and so many people being made redundant it doesnt make my bike that important..rant over but the first junkie i see down the canal will cop for the lot he be lucky if i dont throw him in:skp: