Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: God morning everyone, Sorry you couldn't sleep either then Redstar... Goes like that sometimes.! Hope your teaching day goes smoothly..:)

:thumb: Shiney sounds like you had a good time & a good time to come...! Where are you off too & when.? Somewhere warm & sunny..?
    Hope your tree work gets done.. Funny, I know allot of tree surgeons as my son in law is a well established company too, but they all seem to have a dog that goes to work & everywhere with them, he had a Jack Russel sor 21yrs & was knocked for 6 when she died, well we all were, but now he has Rocky, another JR & they are inseperable too...!!!!:D

:thmb: Have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing..!!

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning everyone, looks like we are all busy one way or another. Going to write up a list of things to be done before Chrismas and mark them off when done. Have to do this these days as Ive got a head like a sieve.:dh:Hope you all have a pleasant day,take care. 02

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,463
    Imp, I'll leave the key in the usual place :thmb:. I won't be too upset if you clear the rest of the leaves whilst I'm away :yho:

Marley, we're off touring through Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and China and ending up in Hong Kong where we shall meet up with a friend of Mrs shiney's from when they worked in London together. I guess it will be hot and sticky in most places. I don't like hot and sticky but want to see the countries, ancient sites and the way different people live. :gnthb: We're off in a few days time and back next year. I always enjoy saying that bit, "back next year", even if I say it on New Year's Eve :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

4. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Imp what time is the party down at Shineys again???:yho:

Well I'm off to bed now and Walnut you will probably be up in an hours time, hope you have a good ride, shouldn't be to bad weather wise.02:thmb:

5. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi 02 very icy here this morning I will wait until the roads clear or go on the trainer if they don't,enjoy your late sleep.

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,didn't make it on here yesterday because Mr K had a days holiday from work and because it was nice and frosty we decided to go for a nice walk across the fields near us which was very plesant though after 2 1/2 hours we were glad to get back indoors.Finished off the last of the stew I had made Sunday and had done a couple of dumpings before we went out so we were filled up nicely:thumb:

Took a photo before we went out of the culprit that is eating our Pyracantha berries.We think it is a Juvenile Blackbird as it doesn't have a yellow beak but can't remember whether they lose the beak colouring in the winter months.:p

Shiney I bet you are looking forward to some nice warm whether,though I expect when you get back blighty will be in the grip of another ice age :p Are you going later this year as I seem to remember you going away earlier than this last year?

Well I hope you all have a great day with all the Christmas preparations and here is my Blackbird photos :gnthb:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Shiney sorry to hear about you tree-surgeon's loss it must be incredibly hard for him to go about his normal day to day living never mind working without his loyal pal by his side.:(

Shiney I do hope your good lady isn't like me and 'needs' to pack more stuff than I ever will require but maybe that's a girl thing?:scratch: I'm sure even hot and sticky (my goodness wasn't that the name of Madonna's tour?) you'll enjoy yourself and have a blast!

02 I swear I 'thought' I had got everything sorted but sadly that's only wishful thinking!

Kandy glad you enjoyed your walk rather you than me I'm feeling a little nesh lately but maybe that's just my old bones!:hehe:

I'm starting to wrap my presents today ....boy am I going to enjoy that!:yho:Hel.xxx.

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,463
    Good morning everyone,

Imp and O2, don't forget to bring your passports when you come down this way and something for the guard cats :hehe: :D

Kandy, I like your blackbird photos :gnthb:. Yes, we are leaving a little bit later this year and arriving back a little bit later.

Helen, the tree surgeon was supposed to be here this morning but he phoned and said that he now can't make it until Thursday or Friday.

Have a great day :D

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, very frosty here this morning after the rain.. The path up to the top of the garden is like a skating rink this morning..!!! Shall wait for the sun to come round first I think...!!!

:( Any news on that bike IMP...????

:gnthb: Shiney I hope you & Mrs shiney have a wonderful trip & will be looking forward to those photos...!!! Have a safe journey.!:)

:thmb: Hel I am chugging along well with my presents, but still have all the hand delivery cards to write & deliver yet...!!!:dh::)

:thmb: Love your pics Kandy, I love watching the birds in the frost weather... They all looked so puffed up & Important...!!:hehe:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing..!!

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    :)Good morning everyone,it feels cold again this morning so I expect we have had another good frost.The roads were like glass yesterday morning but at least Mr K got to work ok.:)

Had a nice surprise yesterday afternoon when I was walking across the garden.I had six Long Tailed Tits fly over the fence and while two of them were busy eating form my fat balls four of them started feeding from my nut feeder.I quickly back tracked making sure that I didn't slip over and raced back into the house to get my camera.
    I managed to get some piccys but as usual the first ones are a bit blurred because I was shaking so much with excitement and then was better when I leaned against the conservatory.I do hope this family group keep coming back:gnthb:

I have tried to upload them this morning on the laptop but have now run out of disc space so will have to wait until tonight for Mr K to sort that out for me.If I had known that was going to happen I would have got him to do it last night:oops:

Well I expect I had better go and make a start.Have a few more cards to write and a Christmas prezzie to post not to mention more washing that needs doing and some rooms to tidy.I feel like i could do with one of these though:snz:

Hope you all have a brilliant day in all that you do,and by the way Shiney don't forget the sun lotion then you can live in T.Shirts while you are away:hehe:

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Lol don't know what happened but I never did get round to wrapping my gifts I can't say what I did instead on here just in case a certain somebody is looking all I can say is I was helping out a beloved of mine (but it's not my main squeeze) nor is it in anyway naughty!:wink: Honest!:thmb:

Well yesterday morning was quite frightful here the roads and paths were in a terrible state and it was only a matter of time before someone took a tumble and I'm sad to say it was one of my sons walking over the college carpark he took a right slam on the ice. I am hoping when I wake him in a few minutes he can move about otherwise it's no college for him today.

Well I hope all you guys were lucky and keep being so because once again up here the roads look terrible.Hel.xxx.

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy and Helen and all my other friends,Kandy your photo is lovely,Helen hope your son is OK,The Suns just coming up over the trees,I think my Body clock has gone all weird seem to be getting up later ,Don't know why,guess I need a new Body :hehe:anyway all have a lovely day and please stay safe:)

13. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Good Morning everyone.
    A bit slippy on the roads this morning. I expected to have to stand there chipping the ice off the windscreen but it was not too bad. got to work on time (7 am) and have been having a quick look on the forums whilst getting on with my usual jobs.

Wazzakins has been away for two days on a motor bike course which he enjoyed but I bet it was freezing cold out there on a bike. Still, apparently now he is qualified to ride these new bikes for his employers.

To-day I feel a bit better in my head after the past week that truly shook my world.
    I will post the full story under a seperate thread becasue it might just help me to put it down in words.

I'm aware I have still not posted up anything about my trip to India and I hope to get that done soon. Did not take many photos but will post up the ones I did take.

On the plus side, the results of my mammogram came in whilst I was away and it was all clear :yho:so at least I can calm down over that one for another few months now other wise I will have no hair left on my head from worrying.
    This is the third one since the Op. and I'm slowly beginning to get my life together, or trying to. :thumb:

I'm trying to get the Christmas spirit but sadly, don't feel too excited by it right now.
    Makes me sound like Scrooge but honestly, I'm not like that.....xmastree

I need to count my blessings.

Had a phone call from a very dear friend yesterday to tell me that she is being made redundant.
    Mind you, this company has been royally screwing her for a long enough time.
    It hurts me to hear this news from her although she had an inkling that it was going to happen. They had stopped giving her any more projects to handle and had almost stopped talking to her.
    She does not deserve to be treated this way, specially if they would only remember that she actually set up the IT department over 17 years ago when the company had a one room office in the City Centre......there again, most companies don't much care for their workforce, do they?

still, if work is quiet to-day I will catch up with many of the back-logged jobs that I need to complete and might even go home feeling like I achieved something.

Time to go get a cup of tea now.:)

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,a day nearer to the weekend.I can't believe just how quickly the weeks are flying:)

Marley I forgot to ask how did the underpining go on your cottage did the work go smoothly?

Helen how is your son after his nasty fall,I do hope that he is ok .How are you and Bob getting on with Bobs health.Are you both managing to cope?

Woo,I know the feeling about not being able to get up in the mornings,though I a, glad that I no longer have to get up at 4.30am like I used to have to a few years back and I hated having to ride my moped on the roads when it was sheet ice.I used to be ridged by the time I got to work with having to grip the handles of the bike:(

Shobnah just try to relax and take a few deep breaths.I can't imagine what you have been going through but always remember that there are plenty of people on here to offer support and advice when you need it.My thoughts and prayers are with you:thumb:

Well I do hope that everyone has a good day and that you are all careful out there.I havn't been out yet so don't know what the day has to offer or the roads for that matter.Take Care:)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,463
    Good morning everybody,

today is a bit milder with no frost or ice.

I've just looked at the list of things to do today and realised that 24hrs won't be enough to do them :scratch: :) so its on to plan B - do the ones that are more important :thumb:

Whoops, plan B doesn't work :(. They're all important.

Plan C - delegate :thmb:. Mrs shiney! Where are you? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have a great day :D